X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2013

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Oops. Somehow I got that wrong.
    If you meant picking #9 over #8, I believe that many people are banking on Kepler's First Law. (Or is it second? I can never remember which order CU and CCT are, but RPI is always #3)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Dartmouth 2-0
      Colgate 2-1
      Brown 2-0
      Cornell 2-1
      If I am allowed to, please change Colgate 2-1 to SLU 2-1. (With Flanagan cleared to play.)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Since Flanagan is playing (and I have to assume, this being the playoffs and all, that he will be playing), I'm going to make a change:

#12 Harvard @ # 5 Dartmouth: Oh, heck, how about Dartmouth 2-1
        #11 Colgate @ #6 SLU: Flanagan's back. SLU 2-1
        #10 Clarkson @ #7 Brown: You don't bet against Brown in the playoffs. Brown 2-1
        #9 Cornell @ #8 Princeton: The return of Kepler's First Law of ECAC Hockey. Cornell 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If you meant picking #9 over #8, I believe that many people are banking on Kepler's First Law. (Or is it second? I can never remember which order CU and CCT are, but RPI is always #3)
          I am pretty sure that Kepler, being a Cornell fan, made the Cornell statement #1, but with my **** up of which match-up was 7-10 and which was 8-9, I better not state that I am certain.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Harvard 2-1
            Colgate 2-1
            Brown 2-0
            Cornell 2-1
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

There is someone in our office who, when it comes to pools, doesn't necessarily pick who he thinks will win. Instead he looks at others' choices and picks the outcome that will most differentiate him from everyone else should he prove to be correct. Of course he also has some incredibly intricate risk-reward matrix to guide him which wouldn't apply to a "pride only" pool outcome.....

Of course that is within reasonable limits....no one would pick a # 1 seed to pick a # 16 seed in the men's NCAA Division I basketball tournament, for example.

(Trivia: there was one occasion in which the # 16 seed beat a # 1 seed in women's NCAA Division I basketball tournament....)
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                There is someone in our office who, when it comes to pools, doesn't necessarily pick who he thinks will win. Instead he looks at others' choices and picks the outcome that will most differentiate him from everyone else should he prove to be correct. Of course he also has some incredibly intricate risk-reward matrix to guide him which wouldn't apply to a "pride only" pool outcome.....

Of course that is within reasonable limits....no one would pick a # 1 seed to pick a # 16 seed in the men's NCAA Division I basketball tournament, for example.

(Trivia: there was one occasion in which the # 16 seed beat a # 1 seed in women's NCAA Division I basketball tournament....)
                I remember that happening. I also remember, around the same time, Coppin State was one play away from becoming the first #15 seed to make the field of 16.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Flanagan cleared to play, fwiw, per Wally Johnson (SLU SID), via Ken Schott's twitter account.
                  Glad to see him back-hopefully we won't have to face him, so I am not rooting for SLU, but glad that he is well enough to play. I am guessing all went smoothly with the surgery and there were no complications. Just posting as a concerned Doc.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

FF: There is a scene in one of my all time favorite movies (Let It Ride) where Richard Dreyfus as Trotter polls all the people at the track to see what horse he should bet on. He keeps scratching off every horse that everyone picks until he is left with only one which of course he bets and wins big as he let's it all ride. BTW-for those who never saw it, watch it so you can laugh your behind off. One of the funniest movies ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Glad to see him back-hopefully we won't have to face him, so I am not rooting for SLU, but glad that he is well enough to play. I am guessing all went smoothly with the surgery and there were no complications. Just posting as a concerned Doc.
                      The earliest we could possibly face them is in Atlantic City.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        The earliest we could possibly face them is in Atlantic City.
                        As long as we get to AC I would not mind as much. But i just see that team being so much tougher with him on the power play and so often one special team goal can be the difference. No one will be easy for us from here on but would love any edge we can get.

Comment

With 41 Contestants (Including Ralph and Flagdudes flip on the SLU-Gate series) the stats are:

5-12 Winner % 2-0 2-1
                          Dart 30 73.17% 14 16
                          Harvard 11 26.83% 1 10
                          6-11
                          SLU 32 78.05% 10 22
                          Colgate 9 21.95% 0 9
                          7-10
                          Brown 33 80.49% 17 16
                          Clark 8 19.51% 2 6
                          8-9
                          Prince 9 21.95% 4 5
                          Cornell 32 78.05% 10 22
                          Last edited by vicb; 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that Cornell didn't host a playoff series?
                            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, when was the last time that Cornell didn't host a playoff series?
                              The 1998-1999 season when they traveled to, who else, but Princeton.
                              Last edited by Saints#1; 03-07-2013, 09:05 AM.
                              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

#12 Harvard @ # 5 Dartmouth - 2-1
                                #11 Colgate @ #6 SLU - 2-0
                                #10 Clarkson @ #7 Brown - 2-1
                                #9 Cornell @ #8 Princeton - 2-1
                                RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Working...
                                X