CCHA Post-season Possibilities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCHA Post-season Possibilities.

I have been trying to figure the tiebreakers for seeding the last few minutes. This is what I have for Saturday's games.

If Miami wins, they are #1, if they lose and WMU wins, they are #1, if ND wins they get #1 if both Miami and WMU lose. If Miami wins, ND needs to win and have WMU lose to get the #2 seed, If Miami, WMU and ND all win, the stay the same with Miami #1, WMU #2 and ND #3.

The #4 and #5 spots are pretty clear cut. If OSU wins they get the #4 seed. If OSU loses and Ferris wins, Ferris is #4 and OSU drops to #5. If both lose OSU is #4 and Ferris #5.

Alaska has locked up the #6 seed and will host #11 seed MSU in the first round series.

7-10 are still a royal mess.

If Michigan wins, and BGSU loses, Michigan is the #7 seed. The winner of LSSU-NMU would jump to the #8 seed and BGSU would drop to the 9th seed. If BGSU wins, and Michigan loses, BGSU is the #7 seed. LSSU-NMU winner is 8th, Michigan is 9th and LSSU-NMU loser is 10th.

If both BGSU and Michigan win then BGSU is the #7 seed and Michigan is the #8 seed. This is based on tiebreaker of goals for and against among the tied teams. BGSU won 5-1 and lost 1-3, for an aggregate of 6-4. The LSSU-NMU winner is 9th and the lose 10th.

If both BGSU and Michigan lose, then the winner of the LSSU-NMU game moves to the #7 seed, BGSU would be the #8 and Michigan the #9, followed by the LSSU-NMU loser as the #10.

MSU has already locked up the #11 spot and will head way west for first round playoff action in Alaska.

I have not calculated ties and shootouts into these calculation, as they would create another entire mess for seedings.

Re: CCHA Post-season Possibilities.

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
    I have been trying to figure the tiebreakers for seeding the last few minutes. This is what I have for Saturday's games.

If Miami wins, they are #1, if they lose and WMU wins, they are #1, if ND wins they get #1 if both Miami and WMU lose. If Miami wins, ND needs to win and have WMU lose to get the #2 seed, If Miami, WMU and ND all win, the stay the same with Miami #1, WMU #2 and ND #3.

The #4 and #5 spots are pretty clear cut. If OSU wins they get the #4 seed. If OSU loses and Ferris wins, Ferris is #4 and OSU drops to #5. If both lose OSU is #4 and Ferris #5.

Alaska has locked up the #6 seed and will host #11 seed MSU in the first round series.

7-10 are still a royal mess.

If Michigan wins, and BGSU loses, Michigan is the #7 seed. The winner of LSSU-NMU would jump to the #8 seed and BGSU would drop to the 9th seed. If BGSU wins, and Michigan loses, BGSU is the #7 seed. LSSU-NMU winner is 8th, Michigan is 9th and LSSU-NMU loser is 10th.

If both BGSU and Michigan win then BGSU is the #7 seed and Michigan is the #8 seed. This is based on tiebreaker of goals for and against among the tied teams. BGSU won 5-1 and lost 1-3, for an aggregate of 6-4. The LSSU-NMU winner is 9th and the lose 10th.

If both BGSU and Michigan lose, then the winner of the LSSU-NMU game moves to the #7 seed, BGSU would be the #8 and Michigan the #9, followed by the LSSU-NMU loser as the #10.

MSU has already locked up the #11 spot and will head way west for first round playoff action in Alaska.

I have not calculated ties and shootouts into these calculation, as they would create another entire mess for seedings.
    If BG loses and the Lake St. and Northern game gets to a Shootout then BG will finish ahead of the winner. In that scenario Bg would have more wins than Northen if they beat Lake State in the Shootout. If Lake State wins the shootout and tied bg with 34 points both teams have 10 wins so it goes to the 2nd Tie breaker and BG wins that by sweeping the series again the Lakers.

For the Regular season title: If Nd wins and Miami loses and Michigan State takes Western to a Shootout Notre Dame wins the Title because they would have more league wins than Western and Miami. All Miami needs to win the title is 1 point. That would give them 57 that eliminates Nd and Miami owns the 2nd Tie Breaker over Western if they end up tied at 57.

All Ohio state needs to do it get to a Shootout to clinch the 4 seed.
    Last edited by klbaum1077; 03-02-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X