Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 WCHA Final Five: end of hockey's great tournament

Originally posted by bconway6 View Post
    Alright, I'm popping my USCHO.com forum cherry here, but which lots near the X allow tailgating?

Looking to partake in the festivities outside the bars between the games on Friday afternoon (the nicer of the two days).

Im ashamed to have seen the tailgaters, but never put it into action for my group. That changes this go round.

Any veteran advice appreciated.
    I know the lot by the Dairy Queen is where the GPL (Gopher Puck Live) crew party.

Welcome to USCHO (unless you are a Sue\Whioux fan, then go away)

Comment

Pre game parties/socials

Thurs
      Wisconsin noon till gametime
      Great Waters Brewing Company Hours 11AM-2AM
      426 Peter Street, St Paul (Couple blocks E or NE of Excel Energy Center)

North Dakota 5pm till gametime
      Wild Tymes
      33 Seventh Place Way, St Paul (Couple blocks E or NE of Excel Energy Center)

Friday
      SCSU noon till gametime
      Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub
      258 7th St W, St Paul (Couple blocks W or SW or Excel Energy Center)

I couldn't find anything for Mankato or CC. The Wisconsin one is giving out free chili and t-shirts.
      Summit Beer has tours at 1PM Thurs and Fri.

LIVE MUSIC
      Enjoy the sounds of local live music before the games on Friday and Saturday nights as these bands rock inside Gate 4 at the Bud
      Light Blue Line Bar as part of the WCHA Fan Fest.
      Friday, March 22, 4:30 pm – Uncle Chunk (www.unclechunk.com)
      Saturday, March 23, 4:30 pm – Playback (www.playbackrocks.com)
      XXXVI. Enjoy Tournament Fan Appreciation Nights!
      Stop by these WCHA fan-friendly establishments on the dates listed below and receive special offers.
      Thursday, March 21
      Great Waters Brewing Company • 426 St. Peter Street • (651) 224-2739 • www.greatwatersbc.com
      Happy hour drink specials 3 - 6 pm and 10 pm - close Thursday & Friday.
      Friday, March 22
      Joseph’s Bar and Grill • 140 South Wabasha Street • (651) 222-2435 • www.josephsgrill.com.
      Joseph’s offers WCHA fans drink, appetizer, lunch and dinner specials. Valid only March 22, 2013.
      Saturday, March 23
      Dixie’s on Grand • 695 Grand Avenue • (651) 222-7345 • www.dixiesongrand.com
      Free tap beer or house wine with day of ticket stub. Free shuttle 30 min prior to game times.

Four Teams will practice Thurs and Fri am from 8:30am - 11:15am (half hour each with a 15 min break in between)

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        My Thu ticket is for sale. Upper Deck, end, center. $10. That's the last ticket I'm selling.
        Not going to the games? Weird....
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I've perused the GPL forum (its kind of like sneaking behind enemy lines for a SCSU fan, like myself) and I'm thinking that sounds like fun, but I am afraid the rest of my group might not be ready for such a...well...experience among an inebriated and potentially hostile crowd (we are 7 SCSU fans and one Gopher fan). I'll probably check out the scene on Thursday afternoon.

I know I remember seeing some smaller tailgates setup somewhere between the history museum and the X, but I'm not exactly sure where. A more relaxed atmosphere would probably be a plus.

Comment

I've perused the GPL forum (its kind of like sneaking behind enemy lines for a SCSU fan, like myself) and I'm thinking that sounds like fun, but I am afraid the rest of my group might not be ready for such a...well...experience among an inebriated and potentially hostile crowd (we are 7 SCSU fans and one Gopher fan). I'll probably check out the scene on Thursday afternoon.

I know I remember seeing some smaller tailgates setup somewhere between the history museum and the X, but I'm not exactly sure where. A more relaxed atmosphere would probably be a plus.
            You'll be fine, there will be fans from all over the WCHA there all weekend. I know quite a few Michigan Tech fans will be there...
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

There will be other SCSU fans there. Don't worry, we won't kill you.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                Has anybody ever actually fallen for this in the past?
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  Is there a secret handshake?
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I would just like to point out that no one has beaten the absolute sh^t out of me in the five years I've gone. No one has even tried. And I was even a ringleader in decapitating and running over a stuffed Goldy last year. So yeah, nothing will happen to you.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I would just like to point out that no one has beaten the absolute sh^t out of me in the five years I've gone. No one has even tried. And I was even a ringleader in decapitating and running over a stuffed Goldy last year. So yeah, nothing will happen to you.
                      We've been biding our time for the right moment...only makes sense to quarter you and send a limb to the far corners of the college hockey world...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        And if ANYBODY would have gotten a beating over the years, it would be Dirty.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          And if ANYBODY would have gotten a beating over the years, it would be Dirty.
                          There's probably some truth to that

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive the UND Alumni Association does their Pregame parties in the tent adjacent to McGovern's.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Holy Jesus, the tickets for Friday night are going for like 150 bucks apiece on stubhub and craigslist for lower level. Has anyone seen them that high for even championship games?
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              We've been biding our time for the right moment...only makes sense to quarter you and send a limb to the far corners of the college hockey world...
                              Huntsville?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Like William Wallace! Sweet! I can't wait!
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X