Hockey East: The Bertagna Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East: The Bertagna Cup

As mentioned in Jim Connelly's article for This week in Hockey East BC coach Jerry York is trying to make the HEA RS title be called the Bertagna Cup, after the current commissioner Joe Bertagna.

I think it'd be a great idea, considering all that he has done for HEA in his now 16 years as commissioner. Any thoughts?
    I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Re: Hockey East: The Bertagna Cup

What Jerry York wants, Jerry York should get.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
        Any thoughts?
        I almost vomited.

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
          As mentioned in Jim Connelly's article for This week in Hockey East BC coach Jerry York is trying to make the HEA RS title be called the Bertagna Cup, after the current commissioner Joe Bertagna.

I think it'd be a great idea, considering all that he has done for HEA in his now 16 years as commissioner. Any thoughts?
          Ironic, since it seems like a majority of BC fans on here don't care for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            Ironic, since it seems like a majority of BC fans on here don't care for him.
            Do any of the fans like him in the league? Not a bad guy, just wish he'd get his head out of the sand on some issues. Still not sure about adding Notre Dame. And definitely not sure about adding Uconn.

We'll know more about his impact here in 20-30 years.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

He has provided leadership for Hockey East and has/is doing a commendable job. He took the time to respond to a letter I wrote a couple of years ago. Didn't really think he would respond. Not sure I would honor his name while currently serving as commissioner though.

Comment

The Jerry York Cup would be more appropriate.

Comment

For out of conference fans, even HE fans who may not know..

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/hea/bertagna.php

GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Not a fan of him or the idea.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Gee

Mookie last week was talking to someone and hoped out loud that when jackpa quits in a couple weeks they name this after him.
                      And coincidence of coincidences, jrrwy devil wants to take that away from him!!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Gee

Mookie last week was talking to someone and hoped out loud that when jackpa quits in a couple weeks they name this after him.
                        !!!
                        OY!

Comment

Comments like that is why mookie is my hero on this board.

Comment

Gee

And coincidence of coincidences, jrrwy devil wants to take that away from him!!!
                            And posts like this is why if we had a trophy for user of the year, it'd probably go to mookie
                            I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Gee

Pffft... Jackie's gonna rally the troops, win the RS title and take home Coach of the Year honors. Ain't that enough?

P.S. 5 year extension with the COTY award.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                              X