Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC-EAST semis and finals televised

From Charlie's Corner: (spend the weekend watching!):

We are excited to announce that all six games in theECAC East Championship weekend will be video streamed live. Here is the link to all games: www.nsnsports.net/norwich
    Friday
    Men

Norwich vs Casleton 4pm
    Babson vs UMass-Boston 7pm
    Saturday
    Women

Norwich vs. Southern Maine 12 noon
    Manhattanville vs. UMass-Boston 3pm
    Men
    Championship game: winners of Friday games 7pm.
    Sunday
    Women

Championship game: winners of Saturday afternoon games 3pm

Both winners will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
    Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-26-2013, 03:06 PM.
    Go 'Wick!

Re: ECAC-EAST semis and finals televised

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    From Charlie's Cornerspend the weekend watching!):

We are excited to announce that all six games in theECAC East Championship weekend will be video streamed live. Here is the link to all games: www.nsnsports.net/norwich
    Friday
    Men

Norwich vs Casleton 4pm
    Babson vs UMass-Boston 7pm
    Saturday
    Women

Norwich vs. Southern Maine 12 noon
    Manhattanville vs. UMass-Boston 3pm
    Men
    Championship game: winners of Friday games 7pm.
    Sunday
    Women

Championship game: winners of Saturday afternoon games 3pm

Both winners will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
    ...a schedule that would work quite nicely for the combined NCAA D3 Frozen Four in Lake Placid...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      ...a schedule that would work quite nicely for the combined NCAA D3 Frozen Four in Lake Placid...
      So very true.....
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

We've done it the last three years in tiny little Northfield, Vt....

As FDR in Pearl Harbor would say "Don't tell me it can't be done!"

Also full tournament info from www.norwichathletics.com including game times, schedule, ticket info, streaming info, etc. Full preview to come tomorrow. Stay tuned to www.norwichathletics.com your one stop shop for everything ECAC East Championship weekend!

PS: Big kudos to Charlie for working with NSN and the powers to be to get all six games video streamed this year for the first time.
        Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-26-2013, 10:42 AM.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          PS: Big kudos to Charlie for working with NSN and the powers to be to get all six games video streamed this year for the first time.
          +1 He da' man!!
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Between Charlie and Brady, one has to wonder what the Prez does all day...in tiny little Northfield, Vt...
            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Between Charlie and Brady, one has to wonder what the Prez does all day...in tiny little Northfield, Vt...
              Goes to Plattsburgh....eats michigans....and watches Oswego lose lol
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

There's this little pub called the Knotty Shamrock...

Serious question for someone in the know. Will the NSN coverage be standard def or high def, and in either case will there be enough bandwidth so that we won't get buffered to death? Most of the time the NSN coverage is great, but when lots of people want to see the game, it seems to really slow down.

I remember one game earlier this season that had a lot people (including me) upset.
                Last edited by NUProf; 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post

Serious question for someone in the know. Will the NSN coverage be standard def or high def, and in either case will there be enough bandwidth so that we won't get buffered to death? Most of the time the NSN coverage is great, but when lots of people want to see the game, it seems to really slow down.

I remember one game earlier this season that had a lot people (including me) upset.
                  Standard definition for all.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

One wonders what Lou Borelli actually does all day besides peruse Uscho all day.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post

NSN is just the broadcaster they dont set the bandwith. The ISP supply the bandwith in Northfield its Trans Video (Inless NSN links by SAT i dont know) As far as high def inless you have a high def converter you are only goin to receive analog signal anyway. IF a person buys high def tv service and only has an analog tv its a waste of money. Just to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
                        NSN is just the broadcaster they dont set the bandwith. The ISP supply the bandwith in Northfield its Trans Video (Inless NSN links by SAT i dont know) As far as high def inless you have a high def converter you are only goin to receive analog signal anyway. IF a person buys high def tv service and only has an analog tv its a waste of money. Just to let you know.
                        I know there was an experiment a while back with a HD broadcast of a couple of NU games. One was a disaster, and the other was clearly better than the usual fare. I have an HDTV and my Mac reproduces HDTV signals very well. No analog converter involved. I know trans-video well. Interesting local outfit. I expected that they would have been bought out by one of the big boys by now. They have kept up with the technology, and I figure they were trying to make themselves attractive to a buyout by giving them a turnkey operation
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          One wonders what Lou Borrelli actually does all day besides peruse Uscho all day.
                          Besides correcting your spelling, let's see...nimbleTV (www.nimbletv.com), ShowGo.tv (www.showgo.tv) and Piiku (www.Piku.com) keep me pretty busy, but I find time to support the development activities of a particular college foundation, advise private equity investors on media opportunities and help form a new alumni advisory board of a certain School of Communication, Media and the Arts...THEN I look over the USCHO forum in a casual or cursory manner...
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

NSN is just the broadcaster they dont set the bandwith.
                            Yes, but they decide how much bandwidth to buy from the provider and what bit rate the will stream at...so it kinda is up to NSN..
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Ouch! Did someone touch a nerve Lakereaglelover?
                              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Working...
                              X