Minnesota hosts Denver 3/1 & 3/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota hosts Denver 3/1 & 3/2

The Gophers are coming off a 3pt weekend with UMD and Denver comes in after splitting with North Dakota, both teams are battling for position in this tight WCHA race and pts obviously are huge this time of year. Should be a good weekend of Hockey at Mariucci.

Go
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Re: Minnesota hosts Denver 3/1 & 3/2

I love Denver.

Always have been a big fan of that program and Coach Gwaz is a great guy.
    SCSU!

Comment

HEY, Denver... don't lose.
      scsuhockey.com
      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
        HEY, Denver... don't lose.
        It feels like either a 2 or 3pt weekend for the Gophers.

The Gophers haven't lost back to back games or even been held to just 1pt for a weekend series this year,and have only 2 losses at home. Does that mean they can't get swept? Nope not at all, but if I was betting I would say split I suppose.

Now if Tech would just get a win this weekend at the Concrete Center that would be very helpful.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Depends on which Denver team shows up. 3 wins in 8 games doesn't show a lot of confidence. 30 goals against with 17 scored doesn't either. It's not a great pioneers team. Minnesota wins Friday and they tie Saturday. The gophers special.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
            I love Denver.

Always have been a big fan of that program and Coach Gwaz is a great guy.
            Not sure if your post is sarcastic as obviously you are hoping DU beats the team chasing you in the standings, but I think Gwoz is a class act. If only he wasn't a sconnie alum......

This series has split written all over it. DU has OWNED the Gophers in recent seasons and SCSU is the only team that has swept DU in like......ever!

Should be a fun weekend of hockey though, I always enjoy watching DU play.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Denver fans on their way to Mariucci.

*****http://thescottandlenshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/up-in-smoke.jpeg******

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

*****http://thescottandlenshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/up-in-smoke.jpeg******
                I was thinking more this.

*****http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/photos/2008/06/dvp_empty_tall_01.jpg******

Comment

I figured they had at least 2 of them, but you are probably correct.

Comment

in for the marker and nothing less than 3 points for UM is acceptable.

/tArrogance

Comment

Road trip!

Hey DG, mind if we borrow your brother’s car?

Comment

I figured they had at least 2 of them, but you are probably correct.
                        Ouch . But, there will actually be no fewer than 2 DU fans in attendance (unfortunately, not arriving in the Cheech and Chong original green vehicle before hybrids). PioneerPhanatic and I will be making our first visit to Mariucci. Supposedly DU has used up their allotment of 50 tickets too because they tell me they don't have any to spare. Sorry in advance because I know this question gets old, but any suggestions on pregame/postgame spots? Looking forward towards hopefully meeting a few of the Minnesota posters. I will most likely be the guy wearing a dead raccoon on my head.

PioneerPhanatic and I are usually terrible luck on our road trips, but we did manage a sweep against Anchorage last year. If it wasn't for that, I'd say a Gopher sweep was guaranteed. Really hoping for a split, although the odds are probably tilted towards a Gopher 3 point weekend.

Comment

I wonder if sassy Old Pio will get stopped again on his road trip to Mariucci? I'll have to admit, the old hag's got some moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                            Ouch . But, there will actually be no fewer than 2 DU fans in attendance (unfortunately, not arriving in the Cheech and Chong original green vehicle before hybrids). PioneerPhanatic and I will be making our first visit to Mariucci. Supposedly DU has used up their allotment of 50 tickets too because they tell me they don't have any to spare. Sorry in advance because I know this question gets old, but any suggestions on pregame/postgame spots? Looking forward towards hopefully meeting a few of the Minnesota posters. I will most likely be the guy wearing a dead raccoon on my head.
                            Campus Pizza. Never actually eaten there myself, but I'm told it's the bee's knees.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Campus Pizza. Never actually eaten there myself, but I'm told it's the bee's knees.
                              Is Campus Pizza a lot better than Punch? I love Punch myself when I'm not at Sally's overpaying for beer before games.

Going to be in Hawaii for these games and next. Wish there was a way to stream a video feed. Better than last year I suppose when I missed the BC game...then again...maybe it was better I missed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X