Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech Huskies at St. Cloud State Huskies: Eyeing the Finish Line

Still in first place.....
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies at St. Cloud State Huskies: Eyeing the Finish Line

How long has it been since Tech has won here?
    I remember hearing 1998, it hasn't been that long has it?
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      How long has it been since Tech has won here?
      I remember hearing 1998, it hasn't been that long has it?
      Yeah...98-99 season. I was there.

Comment

In dog years that's 98 years of intra species humiliation. just sayin, enough is enough.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I remember a linesman back in the '90s clotheslining a Tech player while signaling an offsides, it was amazing.
          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            In dog years that's 98 years of intra species humiliation. just sayin, enough is enough.
            Nah, we can keep it going one more year.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Today's article in the NY Times can't hurt LeBlanc's chances of being a Hobey Baker finalist.

Comment

St, Clooud sweeps as the NCHC continues piddling in our Cheerios.

Comment

Scsu is overrated, won't be lifting the mcnaughton this weekend!
                  Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 02-24-2013, 07:03 PM.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Seriously...is it Friday yet? I'll settle for Thursday at 10:50pm.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone at SCSU has noticed but if you sweep Tech and get some help around the league, you could skate the Cup next Sat night around 10pm. Of course you'll have to skate it wearing only shoulder pads and breezers as you have to hand over your jerseys to whoever wins them *cough* (me) *cough* after the game. Seems like a fair trade, no?

Oops, did I just jinx the red/black/white Huskies? Sorry... well no, I'm not really sorry. Our losing streak at the National will likely last forever. Oops, I think I just jinxed that too.

Ryan J
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Seriously...is it Friday yet? I'll settle for Thursday at 10:50pm.
                        It is a long ways away. I cannot wait for some Val's and buffaloes.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          I'm not sure if anyone at SCSU has noticed but if you sweep Tech and get some help around the league, you could skate the Cup next Sat night around 10pm. Of course you'll have to skate it wearing only shoulder pads and breezers as you have to hand over your jerseys to whoever wins them *cough* (me) *cough* after the game. Seems like a fair trade, no?

Oops, did I just jinx the red/black/white Huskies? Sorry... well no, I'm not really sorry. Our losing streak at the National will likely last forever. Oops, I think I just jinxed that too.

Ryan J
                          I might be mistaken, but the scenario for wrapping up the cup would involve Denver taking 3 points against the Gophers? Possible, but I don't think its too likely.
                          This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                          www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            It is a long ways away. I cannot wait for some Val's and buffaloes.
                            For sure. Meet ya at Dugout.

Originally posted by johnnyredshoes View Post
                            I might be mistaken, but the scenario for wrapping up the cup would involve Denver taking 3 points against the Gophers? Possible, but I don't think its too likely.
                            This is correct. We need to sweep, UND & UNO both have to split, DU has to take 3 points from Minnesota, and Mankato has to take 3 points at most against CC to outright win the league on Saturday. While mathematically possible, I will not hold my breath.
                            Last edited by Dude Love; 02-24-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

If MTU sweeps, I'll give my spare bottle of Ommegang XV away at the F5 in a drawing. FTR, I've hit 20 stores and have 2 bottles. So yes, it's a real prize.

If MTU gets 2 points, I will wear an MTU jersey on a MN Gopher gameday, which is a sin in my book.

If MTU gets 1 point, I'll smile and clap.

Edit: the drawing will only be eligible to SCSU/MTU fans. ID may be required.
                              Last edited by The Rube; 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                              X