No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies at St. Cloud State Huskies: Eyeing the Finish Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies at St. Cloud State Huskies: Eyeing the Finish Line

Bucky's still alive. Tech wins tomorrow, we sweep next week, about 10 other things go our way next weekend and we hoist the Cup.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      No, I don't. I expect SCSU to win it but it isn't quite over. If they win again tomorrow, which I expect them to, it is all but over. But until that happens I'll still hold out hope.
      You might be the only one doing so.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Bucky's still alive. Tech wins tomorrow, we sweep next week, about 10 other things go our way next weekend and we hoist the Cup.

You heard it here first.
        We win the tiebreaker. 17 wins to 14.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          You might be the only one doing so.
          Ummm, no I'm not. The world did not end tonight with the Gophers losing. I highly doubt any SCSU fans are thinking the race is over. If anything, you and maybe a few other Gopher fans are the only ones thinking it's over.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            We win the tiebreaker. 17 wins to 14.
            1) Both teams would still hoist the cup. The WCHA doesn't apply tiebreakers to determine who wins the MacNaughton...only seeding.

2) Wisconsin would win the tiebreaker with a 2-0-0 head to head record. Conference wins is the 3rd tiebreaker (following points and head to head)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              No, I don't. I expect SCSU to win it but it isn't quite over. If they win again tomorrow, which I expect them to, it is all but over. But until that happens I'll still hold out hope.
              Stop squeezing your knickers package because you beat The Beaver tonight. Dakota ain't takin' 4 points out of the Ole Olr Ole Ole h e double hockey stick drunk in uninformed fans hole next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Hockey View Post
                1) Both teams would still hoist the cup. The WCHA doesn't apply tiebreakers to determine who wins the MacNaughton...only seeding.

2) Wisconsin would win the tiebreaker with a 2-0-0 head to head record. Conference wins is the 3rd tiebreaker (following points and head to head)

I believe they may have swept us earlier this season up there. Am I remembering that right?

Anyway, if my stone cold lead pipe lock of a prediction comes to pass, we would both have 17 wins.

Comment

Crap, congratulations to the Badgers on winning the MacNaughton then.
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Crap, congratulations to the Badgers on winning the MacNaughton then.
                    Again, SCSU would also win the MacNaughton in that scenario. They would just get the #2 seed in the WCHA Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Ummm, no I'm not. The world did not end tonight with the Gophers losing. I highly doubt any SCSU fans are thinking the race is over. If anything, you and maybe a few other Gopher fans are the only ones thinking it's over.
                      It ended last week with MN tying tUMD. Duh.

SCSU has the title. If Parise were still playing for UND, then you'd have him on your side and maybe SCSU doesn't win that title. But he doesn't, so nanny nanny poo poo.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        Stop squeezing your knickers package because you beat The Beaver tonight. Dakota ain't takin' 4 points out of the Ole Olr Ole Ole h e double hockey stick drunk in uninformed fans hole next weekend.
                        Never!
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Again, SCSU would also win the MacNaughton in that scenario. They would just get the #2 seed in the WCHA Tournament.
                          I was just trying to rile Gurt. I know there are co-winners of the cup.

Comment

I was just trying to rile Gurt.
                            Whoosh...did not realize that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm enjoying viewing the goofer loser thread right now.

Thank you Denver.

Comment

Can't rile me tonight.

GREAT night of hockey.

Bucky wins. Hawks win. Gophers lose.

I'm good....

Comment

Working...
                                X