No announcement yet.

Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (3/1, 3/2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (3/1, 3/2)

Last weekend of the regular season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (3/1, 3/2)

Winning 2 puts us in the best position we have been in so long it is mind boggling. Second place-a bye-and a great position to be in if we get to AC. If QU falters at all-we could end up as the top seed in the finals and that could be huge. Even though we only got 2 points on this last road trip-this has to be a very happy bus trip home. Lets get rested and healthy for two tough home games. SLU has a lot to play for and Clarkson-well-they are never one to lay down and give us anything. Go Red!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Well, 2 weeks in a row Clarkson plays like a champion on Friday and loses on Saturday. Watch out RPI .
      Actually I would be happy with 1 point out of this coming weekend, overjoyed with 2 and dumb founded with 3 or 4.
      Last edited by vicb; 02-24-2013, 10:53 AM.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Winning 2 puts us in the best position we have been in so long it is mind boggling. Second place-a bye-and a great position to be in if we get to AC. If QU falters at all-we could end up as the top seed in the finals and that could be huge. Even though we only got 2 points on this last road trip-this has to be a very happy bus trip home. Lets get rested and healthy for two tough home games. SLU has a lot to play for and Clarkson-well-they are never one to lay down and give us anything. Go Red!
        Hey Dr! All of this and more. Let's get healthy and rested for two big and very tough home games. The North Country's coming to town with something to prove. And all four teams playing in the Capital District have something big to play for next weekend! Should be some inspired hockey.

Hey RED, be attentive to details, follow the process and just win, baby!
        Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Well, 2 weeks in a row Clarkson plays like a champion on Friday and stinks up the joint on Saturday. Watch out RPI .
          Actually I would be happy with 1 point out of this coming weekend, overjoyed with 2 and dumb founded with 3 or 4.
          Sounds like what happened when the Capital District went to the North Country.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            Well, 2 weeks in a row Clarkson plays like a champion on Friday and loses on Saturday. Watch out RPI .
            I did amend this first statement since the team actually played very well in the Quinny loss last Saturday.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Am I correct in stating that a win on Friday combined with a Dartmouth and Union loss woul guarantee RPI a first-round bye, regardless of the outcome on Saturday?
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Am I correct in stating that a win on Friday combined with a Dartmouth and Union loss woul guarantee RPI a first-round bye, regardless of the outcome on Saturday?
                Not quite. If we win, Union can't catch us no matter what they do. I don't think we even need Dartmouth to lose. The best that could happen is a three-way tie for 3rd, RPI with 6 points, Yale and Dartmouth split so Dartmouth with 4 and Yale with 2. In the case of a four-way adding SLU, Dartmouth and SLU split, Yale got 4 points over SLU, and it is possible with a Union tie with SLU (we'd end up with a SLU split), so it'd be RPI 8 points, SLU 4, Dartmouth 6, Yale 6; RPI would still take 2nd.

Win tomorrow, and no matter what happens, we get a bye. I believe a tie would Dartmouth would come down to points vs. Top 4 since we have the same number of ties, and RPI's tie over Q-Pac would give us that extra point in the top 4 criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Unless i'm looking at it wrong. Win Friday and the worst RPI could finish is 4th. Win Saturday and the worst RPI could finish is 3rd regardless of any other results.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    Unless i'm looking at it wrong. Win Friday and the worst RPI could finish is 4th. Win Saturday and the worst RPI could finish is 3rd regardless of any other results.
                    Assuming non-concurrence, I agree.
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Win tomorrow, and no matter what happens, we get a bye. I believe a tie would Dartmouth would come down to points vs. Top 4 since we have the same number of ties, and RPI's tie over Q-Pac would give us that extra point in the top 4 criteria.
                      Whom are we playing tomorrow?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Whom are we playing tomorrow?
                        Depends on what drugs one is taking.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          Assuming non-concurrence, I agree.
                          Burgie12......I think that you will be pleased to know that a win Saturday v. St.L, does I believe, give you a VIRTUAL lock on 2nd, even assuming a Friday loss to CLK. Your 25 pts. puts you ahead of StL (max 24).Yale could get to 25, but you own tie-breaker there. Dartmouth could hit 25 with a 4-point weekend. Then RPI and D are identical 11-8-3; head-to-head you are 1-1; turning then to record v. "TOP FOUR", if St.L is the 4th team, RPI/ST.L is 2-0 for RPI, and D/ST.L is 1-1 RPI/Q is 0-2, while D/Q would be 1-1, so EVEN STEPHEN THERE......and if YALE is "fourth team", you are both a cumulative 2-2 there as well. In BOTH of the latter 2 hypotheticals, the analysis would then move to "record versus top eight". You,sir, may take it from there. BOTTOM LINE:
                          BEAT ST.L ON SATURDAY AND I LOVE YOUR CHANCES FOR 2ND.......we YALIES will be delighted to get 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Depends on what drugs one is taking.
                            Nothing that should have that effect.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                              Burgie12......I think that you will be pleased to know that a win Saturday v. St.L, does I believe, give you a VIRTUAL lock on 2nd, even assuming a Friday loss to CLK. Your 25 pts. puts you ahead of StL (max 24).Yale could get to 25, but you own tie-breaker there. Dartmouth could hit 25 with a 4-point weekend. Then RPI and D are identical 11-8-3; head-to-head you are 1-1; turning then to record v. "TOP FOUR", if St.L is the 4th team, RPI/ST.L is 2-0 for RPI, and D/ST.L is 1-1 RPI/Q is 0-2, while D/Q would be 1-1, so EVEN STEPHEN THERE......and if YALE is "fourth team", you are both a cumulative 2-2 there as well. In BOTH of the latter 2 hypotheticals, the analysis would then move to "record versus top eight". You,sir, may take it from there. BOTTOM LINE:
                              BEAT ST.L ON SATURDAY AND I LOVE YOUR CHANCES FOR 2ND.......we YALIES will be delighted to get 3rd.
                              RPI is 0-1-1 vs. Quinnipiac. Wouldn't that make the difference?

Comment

Working...
                              X