No announcement yet.

Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (3/1, 3/2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson & SLU @ RPI & Union (3/1, 3/2)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Face offs have also become an adventure. Some guys do it well-but many do not. These things matter. An entire game can depend on winning and losing one or two of them.
    you see that in the NHL as well today. Having the NHL package I get to listen to various teams announcers and you hear them ALL talking about it. I don't know when or where it started but I wish they would just get in....AND DROP THE PUCK! BTW, I actually think the officiating on the whole has been quite good recently. Sure, there will be blown calls...most recently the bogus call on Curadi for boarding @ HFH last homestand....but since the TU game I don't recall any calls that have affected the outcome of a game for some time now. Just my opinion.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      you see that in the NHL as well today. Having the NHL package I get to listen to various teams announcers and you hear them ALL talking about it. I don't know when or where it started but I wish they would just get in....AND DROP THE PUCK! BTW, I actually think the officiating on the whole has been quite good recently. Sure, there will be blown calls...most recently the bogus call on Curadi for boarding @ HFH last homestand....but since the TU game I don't recall any calls that have affected the outcome of a game for some time now. Just my opinion.
      I have to agree with you, the last three weekends seem to be called more in line with what you expect. No teams taking a 9 to 3 advanage in penalties or even very many make up calls. Penalties seem to be way down per game and the boys (all teams) seem to be able to play their games.
      We can only hope that it continues.
      That said, it doesn't let the linesmen off the hook. They still need to step up their game.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Really not much to complain about for us the past few games. The officials have been pretty much calling the games evenly and fair. The call you mention on Curadi was simply made by the sound of the hit. Unfair for sure-but thankfully did not affect the game. Let's see who we get for this important weekend.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
          Technically not true, as Joe was an Assistant Coach to Mike McShane that year and Joe didn't become the Head Coach 'till 85-86. I do remember that game - Scott Yearwood, a freshman that year who eventually became an AA, stopped something like 48 shots and SLU won 5-3 with an ENG.

As for Joe, have known him since '85 and he is in a class by himself.

As for this Thread, it is great. I love Critsports' responses to the 10 reasons why RPI is better. As for Appleton, the RIT Announcers referred to it as a "Log Cabin" in early-January. Well said.
          What is an AA? Did he join Alcoholics Anonymous?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Doesn't sound like you've been there recently, I count three inaccuracies in this post.
            Read my post above that It was a number of years ago that I was last there.
            Last edited by Saints#1; 02-25-2013, 06:22 PM.
            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              stage
              STAGE!!! a
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                what is an aa? Did he join alcoholics anonymous?
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                  Read my post above that It was a number of years ago that I was last there.
                  So it may have been out of sorts somewhat to make certain declarations, then.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
                    Technically not true, as Joe was an Assistant Coach to Mike McShane that year and Joe didn't become the Head Coach 'till 85-86. I do remember that game - Scott Yearwood, a freshman that year who eventually became an AA, stopped something like 48 shots and SLU won 5-3 with an ENG.
                    I believe Scott had 46 saves. And if I recall correctly, Adolph Brink started that game and made 14 saves before Scott went in!!!

Comment

3 days lets go red cluck farkson and slu......t
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                        3 days lets go red cluck farkson and slu......t
                        And RIP RPI to you too .

LGT
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Friday's game vs. Clarkson at the HFH will be broadcast on TWCS:

http://rpiathletics.com/news/2013/2/...226132901.aspx

It is NOT an RPI TV production, so no idea what that will mean for streaming. Could mean single camera, could mean full TWCS broadcast (but I wouldn't count on it).

EDIT: It will be on rpitv.org: https://***********/slapschotts/stat...77404359127040
                          Last edited by RHamilton; 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM.
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                            Friday's game vs. Clarkson at the HFH will be broadcast on TWCS:

http://rpiathletics.com/news/2013/2/...226132901.aspx

It is NOT an RPI TV production, so no idea what that will mean for streaming. Could mean single camera, could mean full TWCS broadcast (but I wouldn't count on it).

EDIT: It will be on rpitv.org: https://***********/slapschotts/stat...77404359127040
                            That must have been a last second TV decision, because I don't think we were scheduled for any games (same with Freakout). I'm surprised there will even BE streaming with the TW broadcast. Sadly, it will not be shown in the Syracuse area; darn SU lacrosse...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              That must have been a last second TV decision, because I don't think we were scheduled for any games (same with Freakout). I'm surprised there will even BE streaming with the TW broadcast. Sadly, it will not be shown in the Syracuse area; darn SU lacrosse...
                              Not sure why the announcement came out so late .

Also, hearing conflicting reports on streaming, will post when I hear a definitive answer.
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                                Not sure why the announcement came out so late .

Also, hearing conflicting reports on streaming, will post when I hear a definitive answer.
                                I also asked TWCS regarding its simulcasting to alternate TWCS channels. I think the late announcement is partially based upon the fact that TWCS has really started to bump up its commitment to college hockey in NYS, as evidenced by the weekly New York State College Hockey Report that they produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X