Senior Day Fan Forum Reflections - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Day Fan Forum Reflections - 2013

So with a minimum of 1 playoff game left and the dream for 5, I thought I'd pick this time to reflect back and share with you some of my most favorite Fan Forum experiences:
    • Watching the sexual tension build between Tony and RStarr (I sincerely hope you guys get a room sometime soon!)
    • Talking politics with Brooky
    • The CHA pick 'ems contest (Radiostar and Wayne State, miss you guys!)
    • The Hockey East EA Sports tournament by Tony and his bros
    • The Coffee Poll
    • The Whoopie Pie thread
    • I'd like to include recongnition of all the constructive comments made by Granddaddyscout, but unfortunately all he ever did was whine like a homer....... Entertaining just the same! Thank you for fueling our collective fire.
    • Encouraging and prolonging the massive derailing of the Anti Digit Murphy thread
    • But most of all.... Getting to personally meet such great fans of the game, espcially so many of you who are not parents of players. It was a great pleasure meeting and sharing thoughts and comments with all of you. There are way too many to list and I know I'd leave a few out but you know who you are. I sincerley hope for each of you that your passion continues for many more years to come.

Here's to a what has certainly been for us an exciting four years and we look forward to some hot and fair competition this playoff season as we hit our finish line. Oh and of course, we hope and pray each in our own way that by some miracle the WCHA goes down in flames this year!
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: Senior Day Fan Forum Reflections - 2013

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
    So with a minimum of 1 playoff game left and the dream for 5, I thought I'd pick this time to reflect back and share with you some of my most favorite Fan Forum experiences:
    • Watching the sexual tension build between Tony and RStarr (I sincerely hope you guys get a room sometime soon!)
    • The Coffee Poll
    • The Whoopie Pie thread
    • I'd like to include recongnition of all the constructive comments made by Granddaddyscout, but unfortunately all he ever did was whine like a homer....... Entertaining just the same! Thank you for fueling our collective fire.
    • Encouraging and prolonging the massive derailing of the Anti Digit Murphy thread
    • But most of all.... Getting to personally meet such great fans of the game, espcially so many of you who are not parents of players. It was a great pleasure meeting and sharing thoughts and comments with all of you. There are way too many to list and I know I'd leave a few out but you know who you are. I sincerley hope for each of you that your passion continues for many more years to come.

Here's to a what has certainly been for us an exciting four years and we look forward to some hot and fair competition this playoff season as we hit our finish line. Oh and of course, we hope and pray each in our own way that by some miracle the WCHA goes down in flames this year!
    Good list Ice. I'm honored to have served as your version of "Jane you ignorant s**t" in our point / counterpoint.

And I'm hungry. Everytime I read the words Whoopie Pie. Hope I can catch you in Minneapolis in March.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      I'm honored to have served as your version of "Jane you ignorant s**t" in our point / counterpoint.
      That's a really old one, and a great one but wasn't it "Jane, you poor ignorant misguided s**t"? Akroyd was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        That's a really old one, and a great one but wasn't it "Jane, you poor ignorant misguided s**t"? Akroyd was priceless.
        Could be...but I think it may have evolved over several SNL episodes from it's original. As you say...it's really old. Too old for me to remember precisely. I don't even know if Ice is old enough to have any idea what I'm talking about.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

As you say...it's really old. Too old for me to remember precisely.
          Despite that, you had it right. I find that I can remember things from my youth, just not from yesterday.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Could be...but I think it may have evolved over several SNL episodes from it's original.
            The memories are returning. You are right...there were several iterations...the one you mentioned, the one I mentioned which was the first one I had ever heard and the most graphic (we had endless laughs that night) and a middle version in which the word "poor" was dropped but "misguided" was included. The look on Curtin's face afterwards was absolutely priceless. Howling as I type. As they say, those were the days.
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 02-23-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

It's been a great 4 years that have passed in the blink of an eye.

When they say it goes fast, they weren't kidding!

Wish we could hit the reset button....
              Without mutual respect for all participants, our game will slowly self-destruct...

Comment

Could be...but I think it may have evolved over several SNL episodes from it's original. As you say...it's really old. Too old for me to remember precisely. I don't even know if Ice is old enough to have any idea what I'm talking about.
                Ice knows! Belushi, Akyroyd, Curtain, Morriss, Chase.... truly the BEST of SNL ever!

I'm with ya!

My favorite line ever is Garrett Morriss, reflecting on the Rolling Stones lyric, new at the time.....

"Mr. Mick Jagger, I have just one question to ask you.... you say that black girls just wanna get ......... all night. Tell me Mr. Jagger...... WHERE ARE THOSE BLACK GIRLS?"

Best SNL line ever!!!

(sorry to any that are offended, but this was freakin hllarious at the time!)
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

• The Coffee Poll
                  • The Whoopie Pie thread

It was great being engaged with you on several of these, both on the board and in person. We will miss you. One more year to go for us.

Comment

• The Coffee Poll
                    • The Whoopie Pie thread

CHEERS!! and farewell

Comment

Working...
                    X