Top 100 Greatest Teams of the NCAA era Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top 100 Greatest Teams of the NCAA era Tournament

Introductions have finished, and here is GWEN STEFANI to sing the National Anthem!

For Aerman...

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic...17__gwen_l.jpg

Wow. Only one word to describe that...Cool.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Confirmed...

#28 - Colorado College Tigers vs. #37 - 1993-1994 Michigan Wolverines
      Midwest Regional - Round of 64
      United Center - Chicago, IL
      February 27, 2014

Scotty Owens CC Tigers square off against Red Berenson's Michigan Wolverines in what should be an epic thriller. Puck set to drop at 3:00pm Eastern!
      For those of us too lazy to hunt around for the bracket, which year's CC team is this?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        For those of us too lazy to hunt around for the bracket, which year's CC team is this?
        The All-Time Team?

2004-2005...I'll correct the original post.
        North Dakota

Comment

What a first period! Both sides came out flying, and CC's Marty Sertich notched a powerplay goal to put the Tigers up 1-0. Michigan quickly responded with Mike Legg's goal. Brendan Morrison followed with one of his own, and Michigan began to dominate play. The Wolverines scored a third goal with just 19 seconds left in the first, and lead 3-1 after 20 minutes. Shots on Goal in the 1st: Michigan - 16, CC - 8.
          North Dakota

Comment

A Controversial Second Period has ended! CC managed to get themselves back in the game early in the second with some strong play, and finally got back on the man advantage where Brett Sterling found the back of the net to put the Tigers back within a goal. CC had a few other chances to tie it up, but nothing better than with about six minutes to go. Weston Tardy's shot from the point was tipped in front of the net by Joey Crabb, and the puck slithered through for the apparent tying goal. The Hockey East crew reviewed and determined that the puck was played with a high stick. Moments later, Brian Wiseman scored on a breakaway for the Wolverines to put them back up 4-2. Michigan dominated the last five minutes or so of the second, but were unable to put a fifth goal up on the board. After 2 periods of play, Michigan leads 4-2. Shots on goal in the 2nd: Michigan - 14, CC - 11.
            North Dakota

Comment

What a finish to the third period! Michigan dominated the early stages of the final stanza until a too many men penalty gave CC some momentum. While the Tigers didn't score, the puck essentially didn't leave the Wolverines end in the final 5-6 minutes. Wolverine goalie Steve Shields held firm until 58 seconds remained on the clock, and Mark Stuart scored for the Tigers who had pulled their goalie about a minute before. The goal put CC within one, and the Tigers mounted a furious push at the end, and Stuart scored again with just 7 ticks left on the clock to knot the game at 4 apiece. We're headed for OT!
              North Dakota

Comment

What a game! Brandon Morrison nearly ended things about midway through the extra frame as his wraparound attempt trickled through CC goalie Curtis McElhinney's fivehole. Unfortunately for the Wolverines, the puck slid right to the post and bounced out. Michigan dominated the OT, and with just seconds left in overtime, Mike Knuble found himself wide open on a breakaway. A beautiful forehand to backhand deke sent McElhinney out of position, but Knuble's backhanded attempt went just over the top of the cross bar. We'll need (at least) another extra session to decide the winner this afternoon!
                Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM.
                North Dakota

Comment

Instant Classic. I'll give just a bit more suspense, and make you go to CHW for the final result...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...-Michigan.html

Here is the link to the bracket as it currently stands...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...ment-2013.html
                  North Dakota

Comment

I just thought I'd give a quick update on the overall plan for the Round of 64...

There will be no games played Thursday, March 13th through Monday, March 17th.

Consequently, that gives me just four Thursdays (five if you include the Thursday of the Frozen Four) to accomplish my goal of having this round done by the Frozen Four.

As a result, I'll be doing four games between now and Sunday to get 1/4 of the Round of 64 done. Next weekend, I'll attempt to get another 1/4 of the Round (8 games) done between Thursday-Sunday. To make up for the lost time from the 13th-17th, I'll attempt to get another 8 games done between the 18th-23rd. That then gives me two weeks to get the additional 8 games (along with any extras that may not get done in the previous weeks) and finish this round by the Frozen Four.

I'd also like to try to limit the games in any one day to no more than two.

The format will likely remain similar to how the games were done yesterday. If there is a special game that you would prefer to have done in a more detailed manner (read: similar to the way the first two games of this round were done on here), speak now. I have significantly more time for the games set to be played the 18th-23rd of March. Special games could be reserved for those days.

Today's game(s) will be announced at 10:15am (Eastern).
                    North Dakota

Comment

If there is a special game that you would prefer to have done in a more detailed manner (read: similar to the way the first two games of this round were done on here), speak now. I have significantly more time for the games set to be played the 18th-23rd of March. Special games could be reserved for those days.
                      RPI '85 vs. North Dakota '00.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        RPI '85 vs. North Dakota '00.
                        Noted.

The Four games to be played this weekend will be:

Northeast Regional: #16 - 1955-1956 Clarkson Golden Knights vs. #49 - 1987-1988 Lake Superior State Lakers
                        East Regional: #18 - 1980-1981 Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. #47 - 1998-1999 New Hampshire Wildcats
                        Midwest Regional: #20 - 2000-2001 Boston College Eagles vs. #45 - 1983-1984 Bowling Green Falcons
                        West Regional: #14 - 1967-1968 Denver Pioneers vs. #51 - 1998-1999 North Dakota Fighting Sioux
                        Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 02-28-2014, 10:10 AM.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Today's Game will be...

#18 - 1980-1981 Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. #47 - 1998-1999 New Hampshire Wildcats
                          East Regional - Round of 64
                          Tampa Bay Times Forum - Tampa, FL
                          February 28, 2014

Game time is set for 5:00pm Eastern
                          National Anthem Singer: To be determined
                          Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 02-28-2014, 11:48 AM. Reason: Game Time Moved Back from 3 to 5.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I just thought I'd give a quick update on the overall plan for the Round of 64...

There will be no games played Thursday, March 13th through Monday, March 17th.

Consequently, that gives me just four Thursdays (five if you include the Thursday of the Frozen Four) to accomplish my goal of having this round done by the Frozen Four.

As a result, I'll be doing four games between now and Sunday to get 1/4 of the Round of 64 done. Next weekend, I'll attempt to get another 1/4 of the Round (8 games) done between Thursday-Sunday. To make up for the lost time from the 13th-17th, I'll attempt to get another 8 games done between the 18th-23rd. That then gives me two weeks to get the additional 8 games (along with any extras that may not get done in the previous weeks) and finish this round by the Frozen Four.

I'd also like to try to limit the games in any one day to no more than two.

The format will likely remain similar to how the games were done yesterday. If there is a special game that you would prefer to have done in a more detailed manner (read: similar to the way the first two games of this round were done on here), speak now. I have significantly more time for the games set to be played the 18th-23rd of March. Special games could be reserved for those days.

Today's game(s) will be announced at 10:15am (Eastern).
                            '00-'01 North Dakota vs '10-'11 North Dakota. Both teams played in the FF - go Sioux!
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              '00-'01 North Dakota vs '10-'11 North Dakota. Both teams played in the FF - go Sioux!
                              Noted. Still have 6 spots left for "special games."
                              North Dakota

Comment

Noted. Still have 6 spots left for "special games."
                                I want to see Jimmy Howard throw a few windmills and grab an upset for the '04 Black Bears
                                Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Working...
                                X