Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2012-13 Season II - Beware of Huskies in the Spoiler Role...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Season II - Beware of Huskies in the Spoiler Role...

televised! w00t t00t!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2012-13 Season II - Beware of Huskies in the Spoiler Role...

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      televised! w00t t00t!!
      wedding?
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        wedding?
        ha! no, this weekends games.

Fox College Sports Central channel 160 in Houghton. 668 DirecTV,
        436 Dish.
        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
          I was just looking at home attendance figures for this year in the WCHA. They break down like this: % of capacity and the team's number of home dates.............
          If the early season Lake State game is any indication, the nWCHA will be good for Tech's attendance. I think the games with NMU, LSSU and FSU will all be well attended, as will the non-conf home game with UM/MSU. However, having a team that wins at least half the time and plays an exciting style will also put fans in the stands, and I'd bet Tech will be a perrenial top tier team in the nWCHA. It's a safe prediction that MTU hockey attendance is going to increase. That's why I think we shouldn't build more skyboxes on the east side, but instead plan to knock the wall out and add seating in a few years. There's no reason we couldn't build attendance to 5000, particularly if the students start coming.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
            If the early season Lake State game is any indication, the nWCHA will be good for Tech's attendance. I think the games with NMU, LSSU and FSU will all be well attended, as will the non-conf home game with UM/MSU. However, having a team that wins at least half the time and plays an exciting style will also put fans in the stands, and I'd bet Tech will be a perrenial top tier team in the nWCHA. It's a safe prediction that MTU hockey attendance is going to increase. That's why I think we shouldn't build more skyboxes on the east side, but instead plan to knock the wall out and add seating in a few years. There's no reason we couldn't build attendance to 5000, particularly if the students start coming.
            I don't think there is anything wrong with suites, suites make more $$...if we need more seats, they can be added under the current suites by actually putting in real seats from the ice up to the concourse and even connecting up with the bottom of the suites...remember one thing though when we talk about all this capacity stuff...MacInnes Ice Arena does not have 4200 seats so when comparing it with other schools, our % of capacity is even better in reality. I'd rather wait for us to consistently "sellout" before we worry about expanding.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I wish the Mac was like magness at the ends😇
              Huskys all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
                I wish the Mac was like magness at the ends��
                Empty? Nothing is good about Magness.
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I wouldn't mind having seating on the ends like Magness/World Arena, but I absolutely hate the corners of Magness and World Arena..it creates such a closed environment. If they just installed seating that went from the ice up to the concourse or suites and left the corners open with handicap seating at the ice, I think that would be the place to expand seating...could even make that a club seating area with access to alcohol, etc. Who knows what really is in the works beyond the scoreboard. That is something THG wants to find out but they have been pretty tight lipped about everything including the scoreboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecalkid View Post
                    I wish the Mac was like magness at the ends😇
                    you are making that up!
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      you are making that up!
                      Welllllll..........
                      Huskys all the way

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I don't think there is anything wrong with suites, suites make more $$...if we need more seats, they can be added under the current suites by actually putting in real seats from the ice up to the concourse and even connecting up with the bottom of the suites...remember one thing though when we talk about all this capacity stuff...MacInnes Ice Arena does not have 4200 seats so when comparing it with other schools, our % of capacity is even better in reality. I'd rather wait for us to consistently "sellout" before we worry about expanding.
                        Your ideas make sense Shirtless.Have suites on the other end to balance out the feel of the arena. Then do something about the concourses on the main seating sides of the arena. As of now, they are too cramped before gametime and during intermission. I'm not sure if there is room to do it on the student side though.
                        It would be a big project, but I would move consessions to the outside walls from where they are now. Then once that is all done and we sellout what we have, look at adding more seats below the suites. That would probably **** off the rail-birds though. (Just my 2 cents worth).
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          televised! w00t t00t!!
                          It's a UND home game. FCS always shows those on tv.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                            Your ideas make sense Shirtless.Have suites on the other end to balance out the feel of the arena. Then do something about the concourses on the main seating sides of the arena. As of now, they are too cramped before gametime and during intermission. I'm not sure if there is room to do it on the student side though.
                            It would be a big project, but I would move consessions to the outside walls from where they are now. Then once that is all done and we sellout what we have, look at adding more seats below the suites. That would probably **** off the rail-birds though. (Just my 2 cents worth).
                            We have to vastly improve the concessions and I'm all for about 600 more seats and some suites as well
                            If you ask me the need for it is 2 to 3 years away
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

GO Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                We have to vastly improve the concessions and I'm all for about 600 more seats and some suites as well
                                If you ask me the need for it is 2 to 3 years away
                                There is nothing wrong with waiting for demand, those who can't attend will pay to watch or increase the number that listen. Creating that demand will make the students that get tickets more likely show up, etc. I'd rather have tickets harder to get and a sense among locals that you need to get tickets before the night of the game if you want to get a seat. Then we can worry about expanding if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X