Ohio State vs Minnesota State 2/22 - 2/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota State 2/22 - 2/23

Ohio State has their work cut out for them this weekend. After getting swept up at North Dakota last weekend, the Buckeyes must get four points or more, along with North Dakota sweeping Minnesota-Duluth. After going 2-9-1 in 2013, I am sure our Buckeyes will be highly motivated to prove they are better than that second half record indicates, not to mention there is still the chance that they can move into that 4th spot and get home ice in the first round of the WCHA Playoffs. Should be an interesting weekend.

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota State 2/22 - 2/23

I copied and pasted this from Pgb-ohio on the Ohio State vs North Dakota thread ...

"Presumably those directly affected already know this, but the Ohio State/Minnesota State series has been shifted to the Ice Rink. Face-off time on Saturday is the same; but the Friday game will now be played in the evening, starting at the normal 7:07 time.

Friday's game now directly conflicts with a Men's Hockey game against Michigan. Obviously that's unfortunate."

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      ...the Buckeyes must get four points or more, along with North Dakota sweeping Minnesota-Duluth...
      Personally I'd prefer a Buckeye sweep with North Dakota getting 4 or more points, but the math works either way.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Personally I'd prefer a Buckeye sweep with North Dakota getting 4 or more points, but the math works either way.
        I am all for a Buckeye sweep and I think the girls are up to it. They just need to realize that and play to their potential! I want to see a hungry group of girls flying around the ice challenging every puck like we were earlier this season! We can do it!

Comment

Well that was an interesting game. Cannot wait to see your three stars, Pgb! To put it as nice as I can, we came out and played kind of a sloppy first period. Minnesota State had a player board Annie Svedin. She got a five-minute penalty and got tossed. Unfortunately, we were not able to capitalize on that five-minute power play and that seemed to give Mankato some confidence. The game was scoreless after one period. I have no idea what Coach Nate told the girls at the first intermission but they looked like their normal selves the rest of the game. The Buckeyes came out and scored to take a 1-0 lead, then Minnesota State tied it up a short time later. That would be all for the Mavericks as the Buckeyes added two more goals in the second period and another tally in the third to win 4-1. One goal that had everyone wondering what was going on occurred at the end of the second period when Hokey Langan was awarded a penalty shot after a scramble in front of the MSU goal. The referees originally called it a goal on the ice, then watched the replay. After watching the replay, the goal was waved off. However, the referees determined that a Mankato player (other than the goalie) had closed her hand on the puck in the crease. Based on the rules, Ohio State was awarded a penalty shot because of that, which Hokey Langan buried on a beautiful top-shelf shot to goalie Danielle Butters' blocker side. Ohio State added another goal in the third period to win comfortably 4-1. North Dakota defeated UMD by a final score of 4-1 earlier tonight. Another OSU win and UMD loss will result in the Buckeyes moving past the Bulldogs for the 4th spot in the WCHA, meaning the Buckeyes would host the Bulldogs in the first round of the WCHA Playoffs. Hope to see a great crowd tomorrow for Senior Day! Game time is scheduled for 1:07 at the OSU Ice Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            Well that was an interesting game. Cannot wait to see your three stars, Pgb!
            They're up!

Thanks for your great post. You provided some important details I just didn't have time for this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              They're up!

Thanks for your great post. You provided some important details I just didn't have time for this morning.
              You are welcome, Pgb! I feel bad for the girls that they did not get enough points to have a few more home games this season! I left yesterday's game thinking we were fine. I did not count on UMD winning a shootout vs UND. Unfortunately, we left a lot of points on the table this season, and those missed opportunities came back to bite us. When I was watching yesterday, I thought that pretty shot Melani Moylan roofed pasted Butters was going to be the GWG and we would seal the deal in regulation. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. But, this team is completely capable of winning games on the road against the best teams in the league. They have proven that. They just need to get on the ice and make it happen. Confidence should not be a problem next weekend!

Comment

OK, the 3 Stars for Saturday are finally up. Pretty lengthy post, but remember it completes the 2012-13 set. And hey: If national periodicals can have "Double Issues" on special occasions, so can I!

Comment

Working...
                X