Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-13...Part 2..Because Norwich's thread didn't close 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-13...Part 2..Because Norwich's thread didn't close

Let's get back to Adrian...shall we?
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Re: Oswego State Laker Hockey 2012-13...Part 2..Because Norwich's thread didn't close

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      True, they were given the Boot.
      Well played Norm.

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
        Generally when I head up to the CC for Oswego vs. Plattsburgh, the Laker fans are pretty nice and respectful. The people we were sitting next to were very nice. However, the fan sitting in front of me was a disgrace. I am not exaggerating ... "Rip their heads off!" (talking about Plattsburgh), "Break their arms!"; and during the timeout that Plattsburgh called..."We are going to do play dirty, we are going to do everything we are not supposed to do",(referring to what Emery was supposedly saying during the timeout). What a shame, that guy needed to get a clue, I guess the Cardinals are always the least penalized team in DIII by playing dirty! Ha!.
        My only issue with Oswego fans during Plattsburgh games is with the students. Most of the time, they're fine. But I thought it was classless for the student section to yell "FU** YOU PLATTSBURGH" as the team walked to the locker room after losing the game, then standing there watching Oswego pick up the trophy. Everyone in my section (including little kids) applauded Plattsburgh for playing a hard fought game. It was a shame to hear that.

And I know sometimes they're yelling "PUCK YOU FLATTSBURGH", but when 500 people are yelling it, you can't tell the difference. When my 7 year old asks me what they're saying, I have to change the subject.
        Last edited by LakerFan99; 03-07-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I am very interested in your upcoming game. As we never get to see Adrian and they always dominate their league in the West I kind of look at the game as a "yardstick" of East vs West. Should be a great game, btw, in the NCAA pickems I have Utica and Ozz in the finals. Now that would be great !!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            If you're talking about the 2010 St. Norbert semifinal, was there that weekend, although not a part of the Plattsburgh contingent to which you are referring, and I will say that I was disgusted by the behavior of some of the Oswego fans around me...

Screaming profanities at the ref every time a call went against Oswego, even when it was painfully obvious to everyone else that the call was correct. Threatening referees and PLAYERS of the other team (but mostly just referees) with physical violence. When Oswego scored, I recall hearing one shout something along the line "How's it feel to get scored on, you midwestern p***ies?" And If I recall, Oswego never held a lead in that game, so there's no justification for putting a team down like that because of a goal, when your team is still not winning (not that there's ever a justification). Basically, trying everything they could to get kicked out.

I went there fully intending to cheer for a Plattsburgh-Oswego championship game. That group of laker fans convinced me otherwise. Oh, and a few of them stuck around and heckled Plattsburgh the same way in the evening game, until the Norwich fans told them to shut up and quit making fools of themselves... They just left at that point.
            In speaking to other friends from Oswego last nite commenting about this post. Our group did come back to see the Platty Norwhich game. We sat right in front of your fans as I had mentioned. Several oswego fans were high fiving with norwhich fans. At no time did any NC fans ask any of us to shutup. If anything they were disgusted with the Platty fans.
            The Oswego game did not see the best oswego game until late in the thied period, when we tied the game with 39 seconds on the clock. A defensive mistake allowed the freshman Cody from Norbit to get behind our defense at the blue line and on a break went in and scored the winning goal . It was a great hockey play and devastating to Oswego. What I remember was your fans on their feet screaming and clapping as though their team just won the national champ.
            None of this means anything. Oh yeah mine is bigger than yours and all that crap.
            What is important is to remember is that all Oswego fans and all Platty fans are not like that. Alot of them want to see great hockey and not anyone get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by bridge st. run View Post
              In my opinion it seems as though the rivalry between the two teams isn't anywhere near where it used to be. As a former player, i have experienced many heated games with plattsburgh. there was a true hatred for the player standing across from me. i have seen many games through the years and it seems that true hatred is missing. I couldnt believe my eyes saturday night after the game watching emery and gosek embrace each other at center ice. back in the day there were many games where oz and platts coaches wouldnt even shake hands. It is nice that each team respects each other so much but i think the games were a little more fun and a little more chippy back in the day. I think backdraft would ptobably agree with me
              10-4k, back in the days,wow getting old, we did seem to hate each other more, a lot more crap after the whistle in front of the net,sticks were know to get "stuck" between the legs of opposing players and do remember gettign booted for a game misconduct, but I was innocent I tell ya...not to mention the broken steel sticks on a cross check or 2 or 3...for sure dont think Unger was to keen on the platty coach no matter who it was,that said there was respect,that said we did have only 1 North of the border player,while platty had a bunch,some whos name I could not pronounce ..these guys now-a-day do seem to know each other more which tends to cool things down at times....also there is no stuff being launched onto the ice, I hated the tennis balls on the ice,and it only jacked me up more.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                10-4k, back in the days,wow getting old, we did seem to hate each other more, a lot more crap after the whistle in front of the net,sticks were know to get "stuck" between the legs of opposing players and do remember gettign booted for a game misconduct, but I was innocent I tell ya...not to mention the broken steel sticks on a cross check or 2 or 3...for sure dont think Unger was to keen on the platty coach no matter who it was,that said there was respect,that said we did have only 1 North of the border player,while platty had a bunch,some whos name I could not pronounce ..these guys now-a-day do seem to know each other more which tends to cool things down at times....also there is no stuff being launched onto the ice, I hated the tennis balls on the ice,and it only jacked me up more.
                Back in the jurassic period it was more boisterous - with more foul language, but I also don't recall as many "old folks" (people like myself NOW), and Romney certainly wasn't the white washed shrine the Campus Center is, but that said, I never took the "rivalry" as anger.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Uh Huh, uh huh..... So..... it's Adrian on Saturday, right?
                  Oswego State 1980 Grad
                  (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                    Uh Huh, uh huh..... So..... it's Adrian on Saturday, right?
                    Yo, yo, yo.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Back in the jurassic period it was more boisterous - with more foul language, but I also don't recall as many "old folks" (people like myself NOW), and Romney certainly wasn't the white washed shrine the Campus Center is, but that said, I never took the "rivalry" as anger.
                      Thank you for noticing Norm.
                      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                        Thank you for noticing Norm.
                        I loved Romney, the realist in me knows times have to change, and the Stafford aside from the banners, isn't much better on the white washed front.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I loved Romney, the realist in me knows times have to change, and the Stafford aside from the banners, isn't much better on the white washed front.
                          The past team's photos on the wall to the right when entering Stafford would be a huge, yet simple step at the CC in showing that they play hockey there, they have been pretty good over the years, and the College and community have been proud of them. OK, I'm done
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

According to our esteemed President, it's a "Convocation Center", not a hockey rink. That's why it's like pulling teeth to get any more banners in there....

(Ooops, I can't get shipped to Australia for saying that, can I??)
                            Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM.
                            Oswego State 1980 Grad
                            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                              According to our esteemed President, it's a "Convocation Center", not a hockey rink. That's why it's like pulling teeth to get any more banners in there....

(Ooops, I can't get shipped to Australia for saying that, can I??)
                              I bet if a donor put his name on the Center that would change,what say we gat a few bucks together and name it after ???????????????????

Comment

Can't wait to support the Great Lakers this Saturday. I have read all the metrics and dialog. And the argument about Adrian having a stronger resume is very subject to how the data is read. I'm not crying over spilled milk, Oswego had the opportunity for this not to be the case but didn't win enough big games so far this year. This is just to stimulate some conversation. Yeah this is my first post but I've been reading the boards for years so I do know the score even if I'm watching the Game through my Hunter tinted lenses.

I have to say the NCAA rankings have got to be a joke this year. Every team (16) ranked in the east is higher than half the teams ranked in the west(4 of 8). MSOE is 33 (& accounts for 5 of Adrian's wins) and Marian is 41(& 2 more wins). Marian isn't even in the top half of D3 and they are ranked? I realize that's the criteria but people that complain about Oswego being ranked too high (which they are) should look at the other factors.
                                Oswego has 7 wins against teams ranked higher than Marian. Kinda puts the ranked opponent thing in a different light. Adrian's best win is at home against #13 Oswego's on the road against #5. Common opponets are; Adrian beat a much improved (from when Oswego 1st played them) Geneseo team (also their second highest ranked win, but not even ranked in the east) that Oswego beat twice. Adrian tied a Lawrence team on the road twice that Oswego handled easily at home.

So Oswego got ranked too high & so did Adrian, they got this home game by beating the absolute bottom of D3 and by the west committee ranking teams that had no business being ranked. Yeah I have some sour grapes over that alone and I'm a big boy so I'll get over it. But this game IMHO should have been played in front of 3000 in NY.

Yes, Oswego doesn't have enough big wins but they have NO BAD LOSSES. I keep hearing how Oswego didn't play anybody. If you use NU Prof's numbers I'd say that's not true. Oswego Played 6 games against the statistical top 11. Admittedly only winning two, but they played them. Adrian played nobody over 13. In fact 10 of Adrians win came against teams below 62nd. I'm not saying that Oswego played a great schedule cause they didn't or that Adrian is not a good team cause they are. I'm not saying the east is better than the west, the top teams of both sides can play together.

Now it's time for this hockey team to go to Adrian and play their game. They need to stay out of the box & not retaliate for what's coming. No offense to Bulldog fans but I was at the Game here a few years ago and over 200 penalties 500+ mins @ over 20mins / game speaks for itself. I just hope the team plays the way it's capable of and not as if they expect to win.

So go out there and play your game GREAT Lakers. Play like you are capable and not like your entitled. Play with the leadership Norm has been speaking of. Play like it means everything and leave it all on the ice. Play like the GREAT Lakers and the kids, Grampy and I'll see see you and LOU too in Placid.

A special call out to Luke Moodie... You are not favored to win this game, (just like Hobart) so go out and take this win and get us back to the Frozen Four!

Comment

Working...
                                X