Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

it wasn't a loss. nice of megan to do his left-hand free throw tribute to former employee #6 too
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

mack, uvm, lowell won. tightening up there....

Comment

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

anyone hear a new theory on the employee #6 thingy?

some guest on the blog typed that s/he heard the disappearance was because of a 'lie'.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        anyone hear a new theory on the employee #6 thingy?

some guest on the blog typed that s/he heard the disappearance was because of a 'lie'.
        S/he said he was suspended because of a lie?

Comment

Hah, you threw me with the employee #6. As far as I know, a former employee #6 was the first one that was referenced in such a manner, so I always think of Mr. Roche when I see that.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Hah, you threw me with the employee #6. As far as I know, a former employee #6 was the first one that was referenced in such a manner, so I always think of Mr. Roche when I see that.
            yah... i recycled it the other day (just in time )

Comment

Back to the Drury thing for a second. I agree that he would have gotten more minutes on a less talented team, but my point is that he wasn't 36-goal material as a freshman. If he was, he would not have gotten stuck on the 4th line, I don't care who else was on that team. Don't forget, Jay Pandolfo missed a good deal of that season with I believe an abdominal injury. I think Grier led the team with 28 goals, followed by Joubert with about 24 and O'Sullivan with 23.

Another way to think about it, who was on that team that wasn't back the next season? I think Joubert was the only forward from the top two lines that left. And yet Drury showed he was ready for top 2 line duty. He made huge strides between his Freshman and Sophomore seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                S/he said he was suspended because of a lie?
                totally off the wall and a wag. but what if...

emp#6 was in fact told 'next big dumb thing, you're done for the year'. so it happened.

then we hear that the mom shows up and is po'ed, yelling. like it's a surprise. to her.

someone asks emp#6 what he told his mom. did he tell her to expect this. did he not. did he deny he knew.

hence, "the lie"

emp#6 is now former emp#6.. no longer allowed to practice. workouts. removed from the website's roster.

(again, just mookie's wag)

Comment

And related, I remember Bob Norton remarking that BU had six legit All-American candidates at forward that 95-96 season. Pandolfo, Drury, Grier, O'SUllivan, Bates, and Bob Lachance. That team was loaded - remember they had 21 (or was it more) SHG's that season? Including Pandolfo's SHG hat trick (and 4 SHG weekend) against NU? That team was loaded up front. Their stumbles down the stretch were among the top disappointments for BU Hockey since I've watched. Lost to Providence in the HE semis, and then after barely squeaking by Clarkson in the first round of the NCAA's, they were blanked by Michingan in the FF.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Back to the Drury thing for a second. I agree that he would have gotten more minutes on a less talented team, but my point is that he wasn't 36-goal material as a freshman. If he was, he would not have gotten stuck on the 4th line, I don't care who else was on that team. Don't forget, Jay Pandolfo missed a good deal of that season with I believe an abdominal injury. I think Grier led the team with 28 goals, followed by Joubert with about 24 and O'Sullivan with 23.

Another way to think about it, who was on that team that wasn't back the next season? I think Joubert was the only forward from the top two lines that left. And yet Drury showed he was ready for top 2 line duty. He made huge strides between his Freshman and Sophomore seasons.
                    sure, but who IS 36 goal material as a fr? even back then? paul kariya and ??? drury had the drive, for himself and his team (infamous bartlett episode as an example). chicken or the egg argument for me.

[steve thornton (17g) and kenny rausch (12g) didn't return as well]

Comment

totally off the wall and a wag. but what if...

emp#6 was in fact told 'next big dumb thing, you're done for the year'. so it happened.

then we hear that the mom shows up and is po'ed, yelling. like it's a surprise. to her.

someone asks emp#6 what he told his mom. did he tell her to expect this. did he not. did he deny he knew.

hence, "the lie"

emp#6 is now former emp#6.. no longer allowed to practice. workouts. removed from the website's roster.

(again, just mookie's wag)
                      Suspended because he lied to his mom? Seems like a stretch.... More likely just an anonymous troll from up the street.

By the way... Does it seem odd that mom had to come to the meeting where Alexx learned what his punishment was? Or is that just me?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Suspended because he lied to his mom? Seems like a stretch.... More likely just an anonymous troll from up the street.

By the way... Does it seem odd that mom had to come to the meeting where Alexx learned what his punishment was? Or is that just me?
                        no no. he WAS suspended for the season because he is a dumarse selfish player.

but for all intents right now he is gone. goterriers.com official website has a roster. no #6
                        it's like he didn't exist.

now i didn't look when goonan was suspended, or emp#6 before - but they weren't removed from the official team website, were they?

Comment

sure, but who IS 36 goal material as a fr? even back then? paul kariya and ??? drury had the drive, for himself and his team (infamous bartlett episode as an example). chicken or the egg argument for me.

[steve thornton (17g) and kenny rausch (12g) didn't return as well]
                          I remembered Thornton after I posted. Prendergast too.

Comment

no no. he WAS suspended for the season because he is a dumarse selfish player.

but for all intents right now he is gone. goterriers.com official website has a roster. no #6
                            it's like he didn't exist.

now i didn't look when goonan was suspended, or emp#6 before - but they weren't removed from the official team website, were they?
                            Didn't look... I'd assume not removed, but in noonans case he was expected to return this season.

As far as we know it is up to Alexx if he returns... But as i said in the prior thread, based on the cavalier attitude some of these guys seem to have about coming and going, I'd bet he does not come back.

Comment

It's only fitting that they tie tomorrow as well.

So glad they were disciplined tonight. Oy.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X