Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Just checking in to make sure everyone came back from Maine. #StealingMookie'sJoke
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Not sure if this was mentioned over the weekend, but Eric Gryba was called up by Ottawa Friday, after leading the AHL in +/- with plus 28. Played Saturday night and again today against NJ, logging 20+ minutes. Faces his buddy Brian Strait tomorrow. He's the fifth D from the 08-09 team to reach the NHL. More on the blog.
      but I thought all the BC posters said he sucked!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        but I thought all the BC posters said he sucked!?!
        No, they said he was a goon. Until Mr. Gibbons set him straight!
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If you ignore the 4 years he stunk at BU, you could probably make a great case for Gryba being another player that Jack developed into NHL material!!!!

He is the one that wore the special super cool BU bracelet right?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            If you ignore the 4 years he stunk at BU, you could probably make a great case for Gryba being another player that Jack developed into NHL material!!!!

He is the one that wore the special super cool BU bracelet right?
            Gryba took too many penalties, but he was a good player at BU.

Igles were never going to warm to him after he knocked out one of their recruits with one punch in juniors. That was pre-bracelet, too!

Comment

Did Gryba become "Greeba" because that's what the NHL Network guys were calling him. Or perhaps it was always Greeba. It was pretty funny seeing a highlight where it looked to me like he didn't do much of anything, but I think it was Elias who came up hurt. Caught Gryba's stick somewhere. Play ended in some type of brawl a few seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                Gryba took too many penalties, but he was a good player at BU.

Igles were never going to warm to him after he knocked out one of their recruits with one punch in juniors. That was pre-bracelet, too!
                Yeah Gryba was unspectacular but I wouldn't say he stunk at all. Good in his own zone, had the worst luck in the offensive zone. :P
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Just took a while for him to grow into his body. He was big when he got here, then became less clumsy his final two years.

If you are 18yo or 19yo and good on defense they have a name for you--- pronger
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

i thought the name for that was dumoulin?

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Pretty funny seeing a highlight where it looked to me like he didn't do much of anything, but I think it was Elias who came up hurt. Caught Gryba's stick somewhere.
                      Yeah, it always leaves me laughing to see someone get hurt.

You must've been rolling on the floor laughing your... self off when Karlsson tore his achillies and when Strait broke his ankle.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

No, cuz I wasn't laughing at the fact a guy got hurt

Stick to stalking 13 year old recruits.

Comment

Didn't even realize you parsed the quote...figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            i thought the name for that was dumoulin?
                            I don't recall anyone throwing money at him to play professional in the nhl there Greg
                            In fact I don't recall anyone paying him to play there as a 21yo
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You didn't say that, mook...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                No, cuz I wasn't laughing at the fact a guy got hurt

Stick to stalking 13 year old recruits.
                                They're 14 and 15, get it right!
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X