Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    This was pretty much what I was saying. That few of our recruits are draft eligible on 2013, since many were eligible last year or next year. But I honestly don't know who is actually eligible from BU for 2013. Perhaps Rogie or someone can let us know.
    you guys are missing the forest for the trees.

there is an entire calendar year of top 200 caliber new england hockey players who are bypassing boston university.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      you guys are missing the forest for the trees.

there is an entire calendar year of top 200 caliber new england hockey players who are bypassing boston university.
      but is that just happenstance because our recruits for '12 '13 and '14 just fall into a different draft class, or is it actually indicative of a trend that BU is not pulling in top 200 new england talent? i dont follow recruiting rankings and what not nearly enough to be able to answer this.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Does this guy teach the hockey team?
        What the hell is in the water at BU?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          but is that just happenstance because our recruits for '12 '13 and '14 just fall into a different draft class, or is it actually indicative of a trend that BU is not pulling in top 200 new england talent? i dont follow recruiting rankings and what not nearly enough to be able to answer this.
          some of the peeps have been wondering if going after the best rather than right is an issue.
          then some others have wondered if maybe local guys would be more "bu" type players who appreciated the beanpot/school/whatnot and wouldn't run home to canada at the first sign of trouble.

i would assume (like to see) that there are a consistent tumbling in of kids from each and every year.. and not 'class year' because again, 18yos come in with different expectations (wilson, shattenkirk) because "i'm ready". that is the rarity in college hockey because even drafted kids are encouraged to spend a year or two in jrs ... which would be all those kids who y'all are trying to tell me were drafted last year and are coming next year. therefore these kids drafted now out of new england would be coming later down the line, or the top x-centile kids would be coming in as 18yr olds.

just an observation by me, that's all

add... that list was just ne kids. we could be getting a top200 from elsewhere. CA, TX, ??
          but they again would NOT be a local type that would have attachment to the history or the school, beanpot, whatnot.
          Last edited by mookie1995; 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            some of the peeps have been wondering if going after the best rather than right is an issue.
            then some others have wondered if maybe local guys would be more "bu" type players who appreciated the beanpot/school/whatnot and wouldn't run home to canada at the first sign of trouble.

i would assume (like to see) that there are a consistent tumbling in of kids from each and every year.. and not 'class year' because again, 18yos come in with different expectations (wilson, shattenkirk) because "i'm ready". that is the rarity in college hockey because even drafted kids are encouraged to spend a year or two in jrs ... which would be all those kids who y'all are trying to tell me were drafted last year and are coming next year. therefore these kids drafted now out of new england would be coming later down the line, or the top x-centile kids would be coming in as 18yr olds.

just an observation by me, that's all

add... that list was just ne kids. we could be getting a top200 from elsewhere. CA, TX, ??
            but they again would NOT be a local type that would have attachment to the history or the school, beanpot, whatnot.
            Yeah I agree it is an eyebrow raiser... what appx incoming years would the kids on this list be? I wonder who we have on our list for those approximate years?

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
              I've decided the outcome of last night's game will be a turning point and they will play better from here out.

BU Hockey: so you are saying there's a chance?
              The optimist in me hopes this is the case. One thing for sure... winning is fun and a confidence booster, losing is not.. so this weekend cannot have been a bad thing. I'm sure the moral around the team is a lot higher today than it was last tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Yeah I agree it is an eyebrow raiser... what appx incoming years would the kids on this list be? I wonder who we have on our list for those approximate years?
                Entry Draft Eligibility
                All players age 19 or older [(i) any player who will be age 18 on or before September 15 in the year in which such Entry Draft is held, or (ii) reaches his 19th birthday between September 16 and December 31, both dates included, next following Entry Draft, can attain eligibility by delivering to the League a written notice (Opt in Form) prior to the later of May 1, or seven days following the date such player finishes competing on his team in the year in which such draft is to be held.] are eligible for claim in the Entry Draft, except:
                (i) A Player on the Reserve List of a Club, other than as a try-out;
                (ii) A player who has been claimed in two prior Entry Drafts;
                (iii) A player who previously played in the League and became a free agent pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
                (iv) A plyer age 21 or older who had played hockey for at least one season in North America when he was age 18, 19 or 20
                __________________________________________________ _______-

so they would be coming in next year (2013/14), or more than likely the year after (2014/15) in all likelihood with a yr in jrs.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                  I've decided the outcome of last night's game will be a turning point and they will play better from here out.

BU Hockey: so you are saying there's a chance?
                  Last night was fun, but I still think this team is golfing by March 23rd. Too much to overcome. And the goaltending isn't good enough to steal a game.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Nice to see BU honoring or sponsoring the autism foundation. I noticed this weekend all players wearing the autistic logo. Is the team involved in an active way with the autism foundation?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Nice to see BU honoring or sponsoring the autism foundation. I noticed this weekend all players wearing the autistic logo. Is the team involved in an active way with the autism foundation?
                      Very.

Comment

I don't know the exact details but they have been for some time.

Comment

I don't know the exact details but they have been for some time.
                          Commendable.

Comment

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...9/sep27aut.php
                            http://www.terrierhockey.blogspot.co...-to-watch.html
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

So after the dust has settled from the weekend we are 12T (13th) in the PWR and 3 points out of 1st in Hockey East (also only 4 points away from 6th). We have a game in hand over BC and UNH (but lose the tiebreaker to each).

With the way Lowell has come on since Jan, this weekend is huge for both HE and the PWR.

On paper we are not in a bad position. Emotionally (the fans at least) not so much... hopefully the team is in a better frame of mind than the rest of us who are helpless to do anything but watch. I would imagine that after this weekend the morale in the locker room is a lot better than it was.

Comment

I would imagine that after this weekend the morale in the locker room is a lot better than it was.
                                Yeah, interesting that you would bring that up. Obviously I'm not privy to ANYTHING that goes on "behind closed doors" so just about everything is speculation. On the other hand, pictures don't lie. What I saw after that OT goal Saturday night was certainly not a team that seemed to have any "internal" problems. There may be problems between the team and the coach (again, speculation), but there didn't seem to be any camaraderie issues. I saw O'Connor pat McGuire on the back at least five times, I saw players hugging each other and then going to other players and hugging and then back to the first and hugging! They don't look emotionally "dead" to me. Now, one can say "Well, of course, they just blew a 3 goal lead and came back to win with 3 seconds left in OT, how did you EXPECT them to react?" Maybe, but I've seen teams before that just don't care and this doesn't look like the case with this team, at least on the ice ("other" issues aside). Have they made plenty of bonehead plays? Yes. Can they be attributed to lack of hustle or disinterest? Not many that I have seen, lately anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X