Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    Noonan
    The reason I asked is that Gill was benched for the last shift in the 2nd period. As the team filed into the locker room at the conclusion of the period, Gill was the last player down the tunnel. Parker stopped him, and they had a one-sided chat.
    Last edited by buoldtimer; 03-03-2013, 11:56 AM.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      I've seen BU fans rock the place after a goal at home before.
      Yeah, you're probably right. Of course, it doesn't help when there's only 2000 people in a 6500 seat arena - and that goes back to winning. So it's a vicious cycle..."we must kill it - how do you kilocycle?" Oh, never mind...

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

The problem isn't the fans, its the team. Muultiple scandals, a coach that should have retired years ago, boring half @ ssed efforts, and a sense that nothing will change is killing the atmosphere. They're lucky the get the fans that they do.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          The problem isn't the fans, its the team. Muultiple scandals, a coach that should have retired years ago, boring half @ ssed efforts, and a sense that nothing will change is killing the atmosphere. They're lucky the get the fans that they do.
          I get it...and I'm not trying to argue. But my point is simply the place was dead BEFORE the game even started. Given that we can't change any of the things you mentioned, can't we just approach it in a "vacuum?" We're going to the game, let's have fun and cheer and hope they win! Everyone is SO cynical that they're defeated before they start. When we're in there, we should make them feel as though it's a "home" game (because it doesn't right now). Even when we were winning the fans weren't exactly "raucous" (compared to, say, even UNH and Maine - yeah, I know, they're big state schools). It's just the attitude here. It's Massachusetts and I've gone on and on about this before, but that doesn't make it incorrect. At this point, it's almost better on the road because they take that "circle the wagons" / "us against the world" mentality and play better. I mean, we can't change anything that's happened before. If last night was the first game you EVER went to, would it have seemed to you as though you were at an arena where the team was TWO POINTS out of first place (and could have tied with a win - at least until the rest of the results were in)? Would you rather be at the bottom of the standings. With everything that has happened this year, this was a chance to put everything in the past and make a final push.

I guess maybe it's because I'm older and when you have parents die and people get sick it's just not the end of the world with me as it used to be. I love the game and I want to enjoy it when I go, but I can't when everyone just sits there expecting the worst. I'm passionate and opinionated, but when I'm there I still want to support the team. When I come home there are other things that are more important (unless I'm reading this board )

Now, if it's because they're voicing (or not voicing ) their displeasure, fine. But just stay home because you're ruining it for those of us who enjoy the atmosphere and want to have a fun night out. I'd rather have an empty seat than someone who is just going to sit there. Go to the game, cheer and then do whatever you have to do later (write a letter to Brownie, complain to someone, start a petition to have the coach fired, whatever...)

Comment

• It starts on the ice.

If they were victims of close losses in which they gave it their all, I suspect we'd see more heart from the fans too. When you aren't sure if you might see the worst performance of the year on any given night, I can understand people sitting and waiting for the inevitable.
            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              The reason I asked is that Gill was benched for the last shift in the 2nd period. As the team filed into the locker room at the conclusion of the period, Gill was the last player down the tunnel. Parker stopped him, and they had a one-sided chat.
              Gill is always one of the last, if not the last, to go down the tunnel during intermissions. Can't read anything into that.

Comment

I knew Lowell had started out slowly and was curious to see what kind of streak they were on overcome that. Lowell is 17-2-1 in their last 20 games. Incredible. No doubt right now that they are the strongest team in HEA headed towards the NCAAs. They are a team that I could look forward to rooting for in Pittsburgh. Hockey East really could use another team than BC-BU-Maine to win a national title.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                  I knew Lowell had started out slowly and was curious to see what kind of streak they were on overcome that. Lowell is 17-2-1 in their last 20 games. Incredible. No doubt right now that they are the strongest team in HEA headed towards the NCAAs. They are a team that I could look forward to rooting for in Pittsburgh. Hockey East really could use another team than BC-BU-Maine to win a national title.
                  I hate their style of play. But yes, in the end, I will be rooting for them to make their first FF.

Lowell Hockey: The Best Team in The Country
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    I wouldn't bet against them against anyone else right now, especially teams that have not seen their mind numbing style of play. If it's as headache-inducing for us in the stands, imagine what it's like on the ice. Plus they don't make any mistakes, that's how you have to beat teams like that, wait for a mistake then capitalize. With Lowell, those mistakes don't seem to ever happen.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      So with the nu elimination party in high gear, Vincent's final game will be Saturday. That may get Mookie in the barn
                      Say hi to that stone cold fox Mrs. Saponari for me, will ya? TBA like.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        for their sake, may the law of averages hold off for another few weeks...few teams have been able to put together a streak that would put them at 27-2-1 to run the table. Granted, they could withstand a loss in HE RS or tourney play...that also would impact their seeding etc. which would make the path to the NC a little bit harder.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                          Say hi to that stone cold fox Mrs. Saponari for me, will ya? TBA like.
                          Pictures, baby; pictures.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

why are we signing a new goalie?- must be coming in next two years
                            Not that Vermont, Providence and Lowell may have better freshmen goaltenders that BU

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              I hate their style of play. But yes, in the end, I will be rooting for them to make their first FF.

I had to shut the game off yesterday . When it got to 2-0 you knew it was over but they are an excellent team with no weaknesses. UNH a step behind them i think. I'd only bet on Minnesota against them at this point

Comment

Boston Hockey Blog ‏@BOShockeyblog

BREAKING: Matt O'Connor is out indefinitely with spontaneous pneumothorax - a collapsed lung. Full recovery is expected, per a team source.

Others on the internet are saying they've heard he's currently in the hospital.

Also, apparently Friday's game is on CBS Sports Network? Who made that decision?
                                Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X