Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    My god this announcer is horrible
    He should enter a speed talking contest...

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
      My god this announcer is horrible
      Bernie doesn't quite know what to say. The "absolutely" count is up to 78...

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Parker ceremony had nothing you all were waiting for. A couple of video montages and a plaque presentation plus a few players from his first team. Also an unrelated classy move by UVM presenting BU a plaque thanking them for the competition over the years in America East.
        bball team already did that when they played their last game. odd that hockey would do this since neither team PLAYS in america east.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I was waiting for Bernie to announce that they were wheeling The Golden Toilet Bowl onto the ice for the ceremony. While the golden watch indicates retirement, the golden toilet means you're sh! tcanned.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            bball team already did that when they played their last game. odd that hockey would do this since neither team PLAYS in america east.
            Trying to stir up some enthusiasm...it's like a morgue in there...

Comment

That was a GREAT check...what a joke...I guess these refs never saw Johnny Bucyk

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                That was a GREAT check...what a joke...I guess these refs never saw Johnny Bucyk
                and sadly prolly don't know who he is

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  and sadly prolly don't know who he is
                  Yeah...you're probably right!

Great performance on the night Parker gets "honored." Just inexplicable...you know, ten year old kids who don't know what they're doing are more enthusiastic and competitive.

Comment

Aaaannnnd we're back. Weak effort against bottom of the pack team.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Aaaannnnd we're back. Weak effort against bottom of the pack team.
                      5 2game winning streaks this year.. zero 3game winning streaks this year.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        I was thinking about it and so many of UVM's "shots" were from scrums in front of the net where they kept hacking at it, so I think the official scorers kept going through game footage and retroactively adding shots. it seemed like their shot total kept skyrocketing on the board when nothing had happened. A solid performance from Maguire, but 50 shots isn't at all representative of who controlled the play.
                        i dunno, I'm not at all trying to rub it in after my team was flummoxed (is that a word?) but after they threw another 42 at you tonight ,do you think you may want to reassess?

Comment

So with the nu elimination party in high gear, Vincent's final game will be Saturday. That may get Mookie in the barn

Comment

My 3 game credit is all but secured for next year
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

i dunno, I'm not at all trying to rub it in after my team was flummoxed (is that a word?) but after they threw another 42 at you tonight ,do you think you may want to reassess?
                              Don't know about last night, but I can tell you why there were so many tonight. BU just "glided" around like they were out for a skate on the common. They didn't move their feet and were beaten to countless loose pucks. Add to that the continuing problem of just not being able to get the puck out of their own end, and you get 92 shots in two nights.

Comment

after they threw another 42 at you tonight...
                                All you have to do is look at the stats. Of the eight playoff teams, we have given up the MOST goals. And if you take into account non-league action, only one team in the league (NU) has given up more goals. Pretty bad when you have given up 101 goals in 33 games (3.06 gpg)

Comment

Working...
                                X