Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    My thoughts on how long he should go would be equally based on who the replacement would be as it would be on his coaching performance of late. If Quinn was quietly contacted and offered/accepted the position, I'd say Jack should most definitely step down at the end of this season. If it's a Jack step down then let's go see who we can find to replace him, I'm a bit more skeptical.

Caveat: I don't know enough about Sullivan to include him in that scenario.
    Am I the only one who is not totally sold on Sullivan or Quinn?

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Am I the only one who is not totally sold on Sullivan or Quinn?
      I'm not sold on Sullivan, never been a college coach at any level, not sure why he is suddenly can't miss. Who, if anyone, are you sold on?

Comment

Caveat: I don't know enough about Sullivan to include him in that scenario.
        If it's Sullivan I hope he brings his vaunted powerplay from the Rangers!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          I'm not sold on Sullivan, never been a college coach at any level, not sure why he is suddenly can't miss. Who, if anyone, are you sold on?
          This is my same drawback on Sullivan, but again, I know very little on him. Quinn is a proven recruiter and has far more experience working at the collegiate level. Not to mention the dropoff of the program does coincide with his departure, coincidence or not.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Sullivan still has a home in Marshfield. He was Bernie's "old dog" interview on last week's Inside BU Hockey, but the subject of his coaching future never came up. He did mention that his son has committed to play for Terry Meagher at Bowdoin. I'll say this for him, he's great on interviews.

Red Hot Hockey IV
            and ticket availability announced.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              I'm not sure who I'm sold on... that's why I keep trying to get people to throw out other options and ideas (which nobody really does). I think Quinn was here for some of the years that have been called the "kaka" years as well, and his years at lake eire didn't seem that impressive (at least on paper... i have no idea what the dynamics were up there)... Sullivan has no college experience and I saw his Bruins team quit on him...

Thats all I'm saying.

Comment

I'm not sure who I'm sold on... that's why I keep trying to get people to throw out other options and ideas (which nobody really does). I think Quinn was here for some of the years that have been called the "kaka" years as well, and his years at lake eire didn't seem that impressive (at least on paper... i have no idea what the dynamics were up there)... Sullivan has no college experience and I saw his Bruins team quit on him...

Thats all I'm saying.
                IMO D and recruiting classes (Quinn's major responsibilities) got better every year he was here, so even if they started at a "kaka" level the constant improvement makes it so I don't lay the blame at his feet.

The only current NCAA head coach that I could realistically see coming to BU that I would definitely be excited about is Leaman. Besides that I'm all ears if anyone else responds to your prompt.

Edit: Instead of "got better every year" I would like to rephrase it as "consistently trended upward" by no means was every class better than the previous, but as a group they were much better than the prior years (or the following years)
                Last edited by Agganis; 02-28-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Hasn't John Hynes's name been floated around here from time to time in these discussions?

I'm also on the "I don't really get it" wagon as it pertains to Sullivan.
                  Go BU!

Comment

I've got a person in mind that I'd like to see coaching the team. His name is Someone Else and he needs to be hired as soon as this year is over.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Jack Arena, everyone.
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

I just heard a report that Ricky DiPietro was quoted as saying that the last three years of injuries and booing had him contemplating suicide.

BU Hockey: Sad Terrier
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Reading that email again...

"Celebration of 40 Seasons"..... I'm thinking its not going to be much more than that.

As I think about it more, I just dont see them making an announcement that big during a game.

Just my guess.

Comment

Bring back the Jack Parker bobblehead!
                            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Reading that email again...

"Celebration of 40 Seasons"..... I'm thinking its not going to be much more than that.

As I think about it more, I just dont see them making an announcement that big during a game.

Just my guess.
                              But they already did that this year, no? That game where all of those former players came back to honor Parker's 40th year in the fall while the NHL was locked out, why have another ceremony honoring the same thing? Unless this is purely for show and to get people to buy tickets (very possible), what else is there to do?
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Unless this is purely for show and to get people to buy tickets (very possible), what else is there to do?
                                Unveil a statue of him? I'm sure there are some great poses that could be used for a commissioned statue.

Jack with his fist in front of his mouth coughing.

Jack berating an official.

Jack removing the ping pong table from the player's lounge.

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X