Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

So I guess it's that time of year again. Time to thank the team for 2 solid months of decent hockey and to say goodbye to the seniors and all of the mediocre players who've accomplished nothing, but would rather risk failing at the professional level or ending up in obscurity with no degree to fall back on than spend one more season at BU. Time again to look back and remember all those players BU lost during the season and all of the unraked teams that outworked and outplayed the team throughout the year. Time to thank the coaches for, if nothing else, ensuring that the team played with pride and maintained its class and dignity throughout each and every game, even when they were losing. Sometimes teams exceed expectations and sometimes they fall short. And sometimes a team can do both in the same season. So now it's time to look forward to next year and the large class of 7 incoming (seemingly pretty good) recruits and become (probably foolishly) excited and optimistic because hey, it's fun to watch good players grow and improve (or at least I assume it is) regardless of the results. BU may have had a down year or 4, but luckily they have a coach who is the all time leader in NCAA tournament appearances behind the bench (though in 24 appearances BU has 25 losses, a result of the old tournament setup I suppose) and I'm sure he knows how to keep this team competing for another title. BU has only missed the tournament 7 out of the last 15 seasons (including this one), which means they make it more often than not. So I'm sure BU will be back to it's winning ways in no time...or 10 years, or never. ****** it, GO UCONN.

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Has the tournament structure been determined? I haven't paid any attention to that, if it's been discussed.
      Top 5 get byes 6-8 host 9-11 in either a 1 game or best of 3 playoff during the weekend that is currently the last weekend of the regular season. HE has not decided the format as of the last public statement, they only decided that either way it would take up that whole weekend so that they could build the schedule around it. winners of those games/series visit 1-3 seeds while after both sitting down for a week 4 and 5 now are allowed to play each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        When agganis opened we got to pick our seats based upon our terrier points. And the premier sections were all high. Row J and up the single center ice block, row K and up everywhere else on the sides. End zones did not have premium sections as I recall.

We all got letter with our points and the blocks of time & day when you could call and reserve your selection.
        I think it was M and up for non center ice. I am K and know people who had L behind us who also weren't premium. I do think Premium weren't restricted to those rows though.

I think they did that well. You could go in with other people you wanted to sit near who were lower priority and pick seats at same time.
        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
          I think it was M and up for non center ice. I am K and know people who had L behind us who also weren't premium. I do think Premium weren't restricted to those rows though.

I think they did that well. You could go in with other people you wanted to sit near who were lower priority and pick seats at same time.
          Was it similar to the map here:

http://www.agganisarena.com/events/t...ey/season.html
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Yes but Premium was also the top of 115 and I assume the equivalent sections also.
            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post

You are one section closer to the net than I. I am in J and the row behind me is/was premium. Also the row where I am at center ice (J) is/was premium.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

For the last game of the year, BU should do a "In Memoradum" montage on the big screen of all the players who would have graduated this year but didn't because of arrests/suspensions/looking crosseyed at Parker/etc. Sorta like they do on Oscar night although without Barbara Streisand croaking out a ballad (that was painful). You could even bust out some career highlights, like how Vinny Saponari now has a statistic named after him (in Bernie voice...."and now a player who led the league in what's come to be known as a Saponari hat trick, for his unprecedented abilility to follow up one goal with two wide open nets missed during the same game, you know 'em, you love 'em - Vinny Saponari!"
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  For the last game of the year, BU should do a "In Memoradum" montage on the big screen of all the players who would have graduated this year but didn't because of arrests/suspensions/looking crosseyed at Parker/etc. Sorta like they do on Oscar night although without Barbara Streisand croaking out a ballad (that was painful). You could even bust out some career highlights, like how Vinny Saponari now has a statistic named after him (in Bernie voice...."and now a player who led the league in what's come to be known as a Saponari hat trick, for his unprecedented abilility to follow up one goal with two wide open nets missed during the same game, you know 'em, you love 'em - Vinny Saponari!"
                  They could set it to the tune of "Party Like A Puckstar"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    You are one section closer to the net than I. I am in J and the row behind me is/was premium. Also the row where I am at center ice (J) is/was premium.
                    If that map is to be taken literally I believe premium seats are now M and up in 113/103 and O and up in the 4 blue line sections.

It's funny because they won't sell them as season tickets at the regular (cheaper) rate, but they will sell the leftovers as single game tickets at the lower rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      If that map is to be taken literally I believe premium seats are now M and up in 113/103 and O and up in the 4 blue line sections.

It's funny because they won't sell them as season tickets at the regular (cheaper) rate, but they will sell the leftovers as single game tickets at the lower rate.
                      But I believe you can also make any seat you want a "premium" seat. So if you want to be closer to the ice you can keep that seat location.

Comment

They also had the 2 aisle seats in L behind me linked to the box the Ewings had. They were still linked after the Ewings left so you couldn't get the for season tickets.

Also, my aisle seat in K is marked handicap. Wasn't on the original map when we picked the seats so imagine my surprise. At least I have an armrest that goes up. . I can't imagine anyone handicapped would want to navigate half way down the stairs to it.

Comment

I wonder how the "luxury box" sales are going?

Comment

Re: Penn State seating. I was actually hoping for something like the University of Maryland has at Comcast Center. On one end of the court is a very imposing dual-level stands. I would love to have seen that at Agganis. Use the 118 side (the one that normally is behind the stage/curtained off during non-games) as a dual-level stand. From the concourse, half the seats you walk up to, half the seats you walk down to from entryways. It would really be imposing for the opposing goalie, who would have a 50-or-so-foot wall of students behind him, screaming.
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                              Re: Penn State seating. I was actually hoping for something like the University of Maryland has at Comcast Center. On one end of the court is a very imposing dual-level stands. I would love to have seen that at Agganis. Use the 118 side (the one that normally is behind the stage/curtained off during non-games) as a dual-level stand. From the concourse, half the seats you walk up to, half the seats you walk down to from entryways. It would really be imposing for the opposing goalie, who would have a 50-or-so-foot wall of students behind him, screaming.
                              I'm confused on how the location of the entryway makes a stand more or less intimidating?

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              But I believe you can also make any seat you want a "premium" seat. So if you want to be closer to the ice you can keep that seat location.
                              You are correct, it's just the upper ones are blocked off from being sold as normal season tickets, but not from being sold as normal single game tickets. But honestly that makes sense and I'd do it the same way if I ran the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agganis View Post

You are correct, it's just the upper ones are blocked off from being sold as normal season tickets, but not from being sold as normal single game tickets. But honestly that makes sense and I'd do it the same way if I ran the stadium.
                                I wonder if they have ever considered selling them as single game premium seats, including club room access and all... Obviously for an up charge over what a normal game ticket would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X