Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bu was 4-1-0 vs bc before the worcester game. there was no way you can say that bu and everyone there thought bc would win going away and get to milwaukee.
    No....maybe not before the game...BUT - the game was over after that first giveaway goal that Boyle got. You could just feel the air go out of the BU sections and BC had so much confidence, I understand what he was saying. And that was his point...we were not only 4-1 vs them - I believe we had won the last four straight. Everyone had an uneasy feeling going into that game (it's like - how many times do we have to beat THEM) and all it would take was one thing to go wrong and that would be it. And it was...almost impossible to beat a team of that caliber five times in a row...unfortunate that we drew them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      bu was 4-1-0 vs bc before the worcester game. there was no way you can say that bu and everyone there thought bc would win going away and get to milwaukee.
      I could. BU has a well documented history of choking away games. There was zero expectation that Parker would outcoach or outmotivate York. Only hope was a repeat of HE championship where Curry stood on his head but even he couldn't save them.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        I could. BU has a well documented history of choking away games. There was zero expectation that Parker would outcoach or outmotivate York. Only hope was a repeat of HE championship where Curry stood on his head but even he couldn't save them.
        wait! i just read that bu didn't choke away this game. everyone just knew and accepted that bc was the best team ever and would have no issues whatsoever to dispatch bu that night.

i'm really confused now.... poor, poor mookie
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          wait! i just read that bu didn't choke away this game. everyone just knew and accepted that bc was the best team ever and would have no issues whatsoever to dispatch bu that night.

i'm really confused now.... poor, poor mookie
          In any event...so much for "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the Nationals...we can do that anytime!" - OC

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            In any event...so much for "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the Nationals...we can do that anytime!" - OC
            exactly!!!! poor oc would be spinning in his grave... but luckily he is alive

Comment

Quinn came back to BU, the recruits came to BU and were actually as good as advertised. He left and the team went south, slowly as the last of the kids graduated which was what, last season? Now with 0 Quinn recruits on this team, with 0 Quinn-coached players on this team, they play undisciplined, lethargic, incompetent, selfish, thuggish, pathetic hockey! I can't even see most of the games, but through the radio I can hear how horrible the team is playing. Even Bernie and Tom can't manage to pretend that this isn't a nightmare, and those guys are the ultimate homers.

BU Hockey: Is it over yet?
              Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM.
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                No the problem is the coaching staff. Also, they had championship caliper teams in 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2006. I contend the 98,02 and 06 team each showed signs of choking and falling apart at the most critical times. Except for 2000, those teams underachieved and lost badly to UNH, Maine and BC in the worst way in regional finals. You could even make a case that the team collapsed in the 97 championship games vs NoDak.
                The '97 reference is unfair to Jack. If you remember, BU beat Michigan in the semis, a great upset. Michigan was the odds on favorite to win that year (as Brendan Morrison famously said at the Hobey ceremony that "the best team doesn't always win"). Jack had a great game plan in that game. I had seats down on the ice adjacent to where BU skated off. I'll always remember after the handshakes and hugs, Jack walking off by himself, giving a fist pump because he knew that he had the right game plan for that game. Jack was in his early 50's then, not the shadow of his former great self that he is today. It's hard to believe he is the same man that used to stand on the dasher, throw sticks on the ice, and constantly berate the refs as he did back in the '70's.

BTW, as a UNH fan I always relish the fact that Drury's last college game was an OT loss to UNH in Albany. Mark Mowers, thank you again!

Comment

If und wasn't as good as um that year, you'd think he'd be able to come up with something for the sioux as well. I vaguely remember that game though, I'm assuming bu lost a late lead? Don't kid yourself, he still loves to berate officials

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    If und wasn't as good as um that year, you'd think he'd be able to come up with something for the sioux as well. I vaguely remember that game though, I'm assuming bu lost a late lead? Don't kid yourself, he still loves to berate officials
                    When you assume, you make an *** out of you

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      There was zero expectation that Parker would outcoach or outmotivate York.
                      Umm... Jerry said he did nothing to motivate them that game (or something to that effect... I believe it was in an interview in the BU/BC show that NESN sometimes shows).

Lets be fair here... there are certainly reasons to be looking at the program with raised eyebrows right now, but 2006 is not one of them.

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                      No the problem is the coaching staff. Also, they had championship caliper teams in 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2006. I contend the 98,02 and 06 team each showed signs of choking and falling apart at the most critical times. Except for 2000, those teams underachieved and lost badly to UNH, Maine and BC in the worst way in regional finals. You could even make a case that the team collapsed in the 97 championship games vs NoDak.
                      In '02 they lost by one goal, in a game that IIRC correctly was pretty much back and forth.

Disappointing to lose, but I don't think it is fair to say they choked and fell apart.
                      Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-24-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        PLAYoffs???? (Jim Mora)
                        This post made me laugh....

After the Beanpot loss the first night one of the guys I was with made a comment about how we needed next week for the Pairwise... the other guy responded in his best Jim Mora impression "Pairwise?!?!? You want to talk about Pairwise?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Umm... Jerry said he did nothing to motivate them that game (or something to that effect... I believe it was in an interview in the BU/BC show that NESN sometimes shows).

Lets be fair here... there are certainly reasons to be looking at the program with raised eyebrows right now, but 2006 is not one of them.

In '02 they lost by one goal, in a game that IIRC correctly was pretty much back and forth.

Disappointing to lose, but I don't think it is fair to say they choked and fell apart.
                          That game against BC in Worcester is exactly why Parker has lost it. They owned BC all year, squeeked by in HE final and were NOT ready to play the regional final. Then the goonery started when the game got out of control. Another big game in the NCAA where the team falls apart.

I was at the 2002 vs Maine, and Whitehead out coaches Jack. 2 really bad goals in 2nd and 3rd periods, one after a stupid penalty.

MO of this team over last 10-12 team is way too many penalties and inability to play complete game in the big games.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                            The '97 reference is unfair to Jack. If you remember, BU beat Michigan in the semis, a great upset. Michigan was the odds on favorite to win that year (as Brendan Morrison famously said at the Hobey ceremony that "the best team doesn't always win"). Jack had a great game plan in that game. I had seats down on the ice adjacent to where BU skated off. I'll always remember after the handshakes and hugs, Jack walking off by himself, giving a fist pump because he knew that he had the right game plan for that game. Jack was in his early 50's then, not the shadow of his former great self that he is today. It's hard to believe he is the same man that used to stand on the dasher, throw sticks on the ice, and constantly berate the refs as he did back in the '70's.
                            Yes that game vs Michigan was probably his last great win (most one sided 3-2 game ever) where he out-coached someone in a big game, but the final was a collapse after the 1st period. Its totally fair to point out both sides of the same coin. The 1st 25 years of his career was great, but the last 15 show a program in decline. PLease do not bring 2009 up again. That team was loaded and were outplayed and outcoached in the regionla final to UNH and fional vs Miami. They pulled both out in desparation. I will give JackPa credit for that timeout vs Miami with 3:30 left and then pulling the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              I by no means have great seats (upper deck young alum) but $320 for the pair + $250 friends of hockey equivalent + $0 for parking = $570
                              Just curious, how long does the YA discount last at BC? And is it limited to certain sections/areas or can you get tickets wherever you please and get a certain amount or percentage off?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

IIRC Jerry said he didn't need to review film with the team before the game. They knew what they had to do. In the meantime once again a BU team came out with little energy and fell apart. As I say, anybody who didn't see that outcome coming a mile away hasn't been watching Parker for the last 15 years.

1997 was a disgrace. Sloppy play and the sense they had already won the title by beating Michigan. They don't give out titles for second place, which is what we got facing a determined North Dakota team. Much like 1991 it was a more talented team choking away a championship when faced with a tough opponent.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X