Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    The 1949 trophy is freakin' awesome. Too bad it's not in there all alone.

How much does a trophy case cost? I saw some nice glass cabinets at Jordon's this past weekend. Put it on Buddy Power's Visa. He'll never notice.
    In hindsight a memorabilia/ trophy case should have been planned into the arena.... Trying to think where they would put a case that wouldn't displace vending etc.

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      So, I was at the BC-MD bouncy ball game last night (don't judge me.) and I took a stroll around the concourse. And there they were in a nice display case. All the hardware. Explain to me again why BU doesn't display the National Championship and Hockey East trophies?

BU: If Ya Got it, Flaunt It
      Always wondered the same thing, just another one of the ridiculously dumb decisions made in Agganis. Maine also had a really nice display of everything that I got a chance to take a look at over the weekend, whereas ours are buried in the bowels of the arena. Aren't the title trophies in Parker's office? Can't we find a place to display the Hobey trophies, HE titles, and the NCAA's along with perhaps some photos of the teams and coaches? This would be a stellar addition to the arena.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Re: Boston University season thread - strike 3! last man there turn out the lights.

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        In hindsight a memorabilia/ trophy case should have been planned into the arena.... Trying to think where they would put a case that wouldn't displace vending etc.
        Downstairs lobby so everyone who comes in sees it?
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

How about in three weeks we just close off Jack's office as the bu hockey museum?

Would have been a no brainer too to put in an actual room with walls for a pro shop
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Another thing they should have kept up with.... Remember the caricature type of prints of all the seniors that were in the aisles of WBA? Have they kept up with those anywhere since moving to Agganis?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Another thing they should have kept up with.... Remember the caricature type of prints of all the seniors that were in the aisles of WBA? Have they kept up with those anywhere since moving to Agganis?
              They are in the Friends of Hockey lounge.
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

They do continue to do them also and are available at the Hockey banquet.
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

I believe those are either in the Friends Lounge or in the hallways that only Mookie has access to.

I forgot about the Hobey's.

BC's display is well done. Complete with some great pictures.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

How come done of y'all goofballs attend the foh banquet and get your own prints?!? Mookie loves his!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Downstairs lobby so everyone who comes in sees it?
                      Mookie would put in along the ice where the wheelchair peeps sit. You could go see it during games, be like monument park at Yankee stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        How come done of y'all goofballs attend the foh banquet and get your own prints?!? Mookie loves his!
                        I prefer to randomly throw black ink at a sheet of paper. Comes out with almost the same likeness as the sketches.

Comment

Yeah, that's a shame they didn't do that. Agganis is ok as an arena, and I haven't been there for a couple years (maybe since opening year) but I found it...dunno....sterile? Even UVM has the wall displays of some of their achievements. Lowell added them to the Tsongas after we acquired ownership of the building. You guys have done so many things, it's a shame not to flaunt it.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                            Yeah, that's a shame they didn't do that. Agganis is ok as an arena, and I haven't been there for a couple years (maybe since opening year) but I found it...dunno....sterile? Even UVM has the wall displays of some of their achievements. Lowell added them to the Tsongas after we acquired ownership of the building. You guys have done so many things, it's a shame not to flaunt it.
                            I don't think Agganis is "sterile." It is the nicest building in the east, quite frankly. But, as most things in life, it could use some improvements.

Things it does well:
                            • Site lines
                            • Beer
                            • Pretty pictures (Former Terriers in the NHL and All American pictures are well done.)
                            • The Olympic wall
                            • Beer
                            • Great scoreboard (when it works)
                            • Pretty Banners

Things it lacks/Are in Need of Improvement:
                            • Ice Cream
                            • Food in general (Price and quality)
                            • Lack of a trophy case
                            • A relentless forecheck
                            • Ticket Price
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              This goofball spends the majority of his money on going to the games and doesn't have much left over to spend on donating to the level required to get an invite/pay for the ticket to go.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I don't think Agganis is "sterile." It is the nicest building in the east, quite frankly. But, as most things in life, it could use some improvements.

Things it does well:
                                • Site lines
                                • Beer
                                • Pretty pictures (Former Terriers in the NHL and All American pictures are well done.)
                                • The Olympic wall
                                • Beer
                                • Great scoreboard (when it works)
                                • Pretty Banners

Things it lacks/Are in Need of Improvement:
                                • Ice Cream
                                • Food in general (Price and quality)
                                • Lack of a trophy case
                                • A relentless forecheck
                                • Ticket Price
                                They do have the really nice displays of All-Americans, NHL players, and Olympians, but walking around the concourse it doesn't necessarily scream that it's BU's arena. Walking around The Ralph, which is of course an extreme example, you can't mistake that this pro-quality arena is UND's. Now, I'm not saying BU should import scarlet and white marble and implant ten logos into the concourse, but some better logo signage, perhaps a few more of those murals going around, and as mentioned, a prominently displayed trophy case of various program history and achievements. If you just did a 360 around the concourse, you'd have no idea that BU has ever won anything.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X