PDA

View Full Version : NMU at MSU: Battle for the Basement

Pages : [1] 2 3

RaceBoarder
02-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Wildcats are coming off an ugly loss to Michigan Tech on Tuesday...
Sparty split with BGSU in their last outing...

Both games will be on TV this weekend... Tonight's game will be on Big Ten Network... Tomorrow is Hockey Day in Michigan and Wildcat Night Across America... Game can be found on Fox Sports Detroit...

Just going to come out and say it... This is a MUST SWEEP for the Cats... No room for error from here on out...

GOAGG
02-15-2013, 01:05 PM
is the Big Ten Network part of the Charter package or is it pay per view? How are the announcers? I am leaning toward a good weekend for the Cats. They are do for a strong road showing. State has a lot of talented people as does NMU. Just depends on which team wants to play the best "team" hockey.

Spartanforlife4
02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
BTN should be on the Digital package. Announcers are pretty meh to awful depending on who they have calling the game. But I'll be at the game so no worries about that.

owslachief
02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
The last time the kitties were here, MSU got a win and an NCAA tie. That was last year and a Boston Bruin d-man ago.

This time round, our captain is playing like - well, a captain the last 8 games and that's certainly a good sign. Still, getting a split would be a mini-accomplishment for the Spartans against a team that has no business being in 10th place.

owslachief
02-15-2013, 01:16 PM
BTN should be on the Digital package. Announcers are pretty meh to awful depending on who they have calling the game. But I'll be at the game so no worries about that.

I'm all set with mute button, Scott Moore of Moore Voices, Inc. and my foam bad-call brick.

No wait, I'll be at the games as well and set the DVR. Don't forget, SFL4, to wear your best flannel shirt for the "plaid-out".

Spartanforlife4
02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
I don't actually have a flannel shirt... I can't seem to find anyone else that has one either. Quite the dilemma.

If it was a 'gray athletic tshirt-out' I could probably hook up the entire student section with some garb.

RaceBoarder
02-15-2013, 01:33 PM
No wait, I'll be at the games as well and set the DVR. Don't forget, SFL4, to wear your best flannel shirt for the "plaid-out".

So it's "Dress Like a Yooper" Night... How nice of y'all to honor us tonight :p

owslachief
02-15-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't actually have a flannel shirt... I can't seem to find anyone else that has one either. Quite the dilemma.

If it was a 'gray athletic tshirt-out' I could probably hook up the entire student section with some garb.

There's a whole aisle of the stuff at the local St. Vincent d'Paul just waiting for some love!

NMUFAN
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
NMU's chances got a lot dimmer tonight. According to the Mining Journal's Matt Wellen's twitter CJ Ludwig, Wade Epp, and Kyle Follmer are out tonight. I believe it might be a team rule violation if the scuttlebut I've heard is true.

LSSULaker889294
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Michigan State is absolutely horrible this season. Cats will sweep handily.

Spartanforlife4
02-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Not so fast my friend! MSU did split the Lakers in the Soo this year. And split with BGSU with a win Saturday. I'm feeling good about our first winning streak of the season coming tonight!

aygwm2
02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
NMU's chances got a lot dimmer tonight. According to the Mining Journal's Matt Wellen's twitter CJ Ludwig, Wade Epp, and Kyle Follmer are out tonight. I believe it might be a team rule violation if the scuttlebut I've heard is true.

S h * t ! :eek: Wouldn't you know it?!?!

Go 'Cats, anyway.

Might go to tomorrow night's game...

NMUFAN
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM

What's with the sandbagging?

aygwm2
02-15-2013, 06:15 PM
According to the Mining Journal's Matt Wellen's twitter CJ Ludwig, Wade Epp, and Kyle Follmer are out tonight.

Just tonight, or the weekend?

Anybody know?

GOAGG
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Am sure it is for the weekend. Teams are only allowed to bring so many players on the road, league or ncaa rule not sure which. I think they are only allowed 22 on the road (20 players, 2 extras)

noremorse1
02-15-2013, 06:48 PM
These Big 10 announcers are not horrible... but I like Dave calling the games better. As always, most other announcers do not do their research on the Cats. These guys have no idea NMU are playing without 3 of their top players this weekend. Also, they are leaning heavily for MSU... obviously.

noremorse1
02-15-2013, 07:00 PM
I take that back. They have done some research on a few of these guys. Impressed.

RaceBoarder
02-15-2013, 07:16 PM
These Big 10 announcers are not horrible... but I like Dave calling the games better. As always, most other announcers do not do their research on the Cats. These guys have no idea NMU are playing without 3 of their top players this weekend. Also, they are leaning heavily for MSU... obviously.

I'm more worried that they thought that play stopped at 7:30 of the 2nd to review the goal/no goal for NMU... They seemed to have no idea that there was a penalty call on Sparty... Then again, it's hard to see a ref's arm raised in East Lansing from Chicago...

aygwm2
02-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Thank you Matt Thurber!

NMU 4 : 2 MSU

aygwm2
02-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Thank you Reed Seckel for the empty-netter.

Final - NMU 5 : 3 MSU