Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom-Feeders Bracket; Road to "FutileFour" team selection process

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Although I can understand that, it sets a poor precedent because there will be three HEA teams in that category next season.
    I believe we join the other Everybody-Gets-A-Participation-Trophy leagues next year. But the nWCHA sees common sense and doesn't take their two least-deserving teams to the league tourney.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      I believe we join the other Everybody-Gets-A-Participation-Trophy leagues next year. But the nWCHA sees common sense and doesn't take their two least-deserving teams to the league tourney.
      Then I will retract that remark.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Look, I know we all think the tournament should be for the worst of the worst, but the fact remains that if you can't get fail to get the job done in your own league, you shouldn't be in the national tournament, end of story.
        UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

this is being overthinked. f&$* the f&$&-in rules. no rules, no rules, no rules. free the futile four!
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Although I can understand that, it sets a poor precedent because there will be three HEA teams in that category next season.
            I wish.

Also, get rid of the AHA rule. If Vermont can finish in 8th in Hockey East and still make the NCAAs, I see no reason why an AHA team can't finish 4th and still make the BFB.
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              So, you're saying that the 7-12 AHA teams could beat ECAC's #12 Harvard more than 5 out of 10 times? Even going up to Cornell and Colgate at 10/11? Doubtful.
              No. Not exactly. Unfortunately this didn't post right either. Somehow when this got posted it "self justified" and doesn't show what I meant either. But to try and put it into words, roughly #1 AHA=#4 ECAC. Now it will vary from year to year, or course. AHA bottom feeders will usually be worse than any ECAC team. And it is never going to be a perfect match, i.e. #4 AHA might be better than #8 ECAC some years and worse others, but I think the fundamental point is that the AHA as a whole could compete with the ECAC as a whole. Much like the relationship between HEA and the ECAC. Hockey East is probably over all better, especially at the top most years. But if you take the 3rd place AHA team, the 6th ranked ECAC team and the 7th ranked HEA team, put them out there in unmarked uniforms, I'm not sure you'd know who was who.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                Everything works backwards from that 'other' national tournament so many folks get all worked up about this time of the year. The 16 team field takes the lowest ranked teams (we use KRACH, just to be different), with automatic bids to the last place team in each conference.
                What happened to FARTS?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  What happened to FARTS?
                  I wouldn't use it - it stinks.

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                    No. Not exactly. Unfortunately this didn't post right either. Somehow when this got posted it "self justified" and doesn't show what I meant either. But to try and put it into words, roughly #1 AHA=#4 ECAC. Now it will vary from year to year, or course. AHA bottom feeders will usually be worse than any ECAC team. And it is never going to be a perfect match, i.e. #4 AHA might be better than #8 ECAC some years and worse others, but I think the fundamental point is that the AHA as a whole could compete with the ECAC as a whole. Much like the relationship between HEA and the ECAC. Hockey East is probably over all better, especially at the top most years. But if you take the 3rd place AHA team, the 6th ranked ECAC team and the 7th ranked HEA team, put them out there in unmarked uniforms, I'm not sure you'd know who was who.
                    This season, ECAC is 18-7-5 vs AHA; take out my crappy Clarkson team from that comparison and it's 18-4-1! While I agree that AHA is better than it has been, I don't think it's as close as you do.

Like most things, it's probably somewhere in between where you think and where I think, and even if you're right I'd still keep the AHA rule for the FF
                    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                    Clarkson 1990

Comment

You migh be right, but you're ignoring the fact that AHA's worst team not named Sacred Heart, AIC whupped up on ECAC Regular Season Champ and top ranked Quinnipiac!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        What happened to FARTS?
                        Freddie's Arbitrary Ranking of Teams that Suck (FARTS) is currently inoperable. While we are not at liberty to discuss any of the system's proprietary details, we can tell you that one of the criteria involved a spider monkey that was trained to fling his poop at a chalk board listing the 'bubble' teams. Several weeks ago the monkey began eating his poop, rather than flinging it. He developed an intestinal infection similar to e-coli, and had to be euthanized. The selection committee has been working feverishly to find and train a satisfactory replacement, and we hope to have FARTS back on line before time of the final selection.
                        Last edited by Freddie; 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

The Media Relations Sub-Committee is pleased to announce that, for the first time on tournament history the BFB Tournament Selection Show will be broadcast on TV. KSTD of Abderdeen SD will air the program at 5:30am (CDT) on March 25, right between the morning farm report and the local public school menu listing. The show will be live from the world famous "Grab-and-Go" breakfast counter at the Motel Six, featuring a special celebrity guest, TBD.
                          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                            The Media Relations Sub-Committee is pleased to announce that, for the first time on tournament history the BFB Tournament Selection Show will be broadcast on TV. KSTD of Abderdeen SD will air the program at 5:30am (CDT) on March 25, right between the morning farm report and the local public school menu listing. The show will be live from the world famous "Grab-and-Go" breakfast counter at the Motel Six, featuring a special celebrity guest, TBD.
                            Are you working on getting Eric the Midget from Howard Stern fame to be the special celebrity guest?
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              Nope, the nWCHA is taking the banner from completely from HEA next year: post-UND, all 11/12 teams of HEA will make the league playoffs.
                              BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                              CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                              2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                              2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett View Post
                                Nope, the nWCHA is taking the banner from completely from HEA next year: post-UND, all 11/12 teams of HEA will make the league playoffs.
                                Isn't that what I said?

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X