PDA

View Full Version : Maine - BU = Pretty Sad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

UNH09
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Just once I would like to see Tim Whitehead show that he gives a ****.He is not very good at acting.

J.D.
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Really doesn't take much for HE refs to call off a goal

czeckthebody
02-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I am not connected to either team. But I am watching this game. The referees should never be allowed to ref a game ever again--even a mite game. That is the most asinine, absurd call (calling it a non-goal) I have seen in many many years. Incomptence is one thing. It's a fact of life among refs. But utter incomprehensible cluelessness--that's hard to tolerate. If that is goaltender interference then no offensive player can ever go near the net.

leswp1
02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I am not connected to either team. But I am watching this game. The referees should never be allowed to ref a game ever again--even a mite game. That is the most asinine, absurd call (calling it a non-goal) I have seen in many many years. Incomptence is one thing. It's a fact of life among refs. But utter incomprehensible cluelessness--that's hard to tolerate. If that is goaltender interference then no offensive player can ever go near the net.OK, now I am curious. No horse in this race either but the scorboard is not updating. Who is reffing? A few come stright to mind, Hersey being one. I swear when he did our last game the other ref tried to beat him to the window to get the call right and the linesmen were frustrated gym teachers trying to call a square dance in the circle (you get out and you get in...) :p

all bear
02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
I am not connected to either team. But I am watching this game. The referees should never be allowed to ref a game ever again--even a mite game. That is the most asinine, absurd call (calling it a non-goal) I have seen in many many years. Incomptence is one thing. It's a fact of life among refs. But utter incomprehensible cluelessness--that's hard to tolerate. If that is goaltender interference then no offensive player can ever go near the net.

You're right. I saw the goalies stick hit Lombergs skate...that was all

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 10:04 PM
OK, now I am curious. No horse in this race either but the scorboard is not updating. Who is reffing? A few come stright to mind, Hersey being one. I swear when he did our last game the other ref tried to beat him to the window to get the call right and the linesmen were frustrated gym teachers trying to call a square dance in the circle (you get out and you get in...) :p

millea and dave hansen

umo player was in the crease and even stumbled when the contact was made with the bu goalie. guilty!

all bear
02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
millea and dave hansen

umo player was in the crease and even stumbled when the contact was made with the bu goalie. guilty!

um player out of the crease before the shot, goalie sticks hits lomberg skate.....4-3 maine win.

Terrance
02-15-2013, 10:18 PM
um player out of the crease before the shot, goalie sticks hits lomberg skate.....4-3 maine win.

Can you post that video. The only angle they showed on TV was directly above the crease.

all bear
02-15-2013, 10:19 PM
whitehead happy with tie....sigh....its what we're stuck with

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Can you post that video. The only angle they showed on TV was directly above the crease.

he must have been viewing the ****ing zapruder film!! :D

BobF
02-15-2013, 10:29 PM
You know what is sad! And I have been very apathetic this year regarding Maine. But as JR said on NBC the official had to be a BU a alum! It's one thing if there is an interference it is another thing when officials overrule a legitimate goal! One of the worst calls you will ever see to overturn a goal by Maine. I am absolutely disgusted!!!!!!! It is one thing to have your team stink all year, it is another to have officials SCREW you out of a win on Nation TV! Joe Bertagna you should be embarrassed for what is purportedly the best league in the country to make a call as ridiculous as that one.

I would FIRE both officials on the spot!!!! Sorry I am Disgusted by what I saw! I have attended on average 20 games a year, this year I have been to two and why go to any more IF this is the kind of officiating you are going to see. JR said it, the WORST call he has seen and after watching college hockey for 33 years I have to agree. Joe you should be embarrassed!!!! And I am BS!

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 10:34 PM
You know what is sad! And I have been very apathetic this year regarding Maine. But as JR said on NBC the official had to be a BU a alum! It's one thing if there is an interference it is another thing when officials overrule a legitimate goal! One of the worst calls you will ever see to overturn a goal by Maine. I am absolutely disgusted!!!!!!! It is one thing to have your team stink all year, it is another to have officials SCREW you out of a win on Nation TV! Joe Bertagna you should be embarrassed for what is purportedly the best league in the country to make a call as ridiculous as that one.

I would FIRE both officials on the spot!!!! Sorry I am Disgusted by what I saw! I have attended on average 20 games a year, this year I have been to two and why go to any more IF this is the kind of officiating you are going to see. JR said it, the WORST call he has seen and after watching college hockey for 33 years I have to agree. Joe you should be embarrassed!!!! And I am BS!

karma... dive brought on the pp anyhows. all is good in the world.

leswp1
02-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Root for UML. Getting goals called back happens so much the oldtimers barely react anymore.

The Rube
02-15-2013, 10:37 PM
Had the game on in the background (since MN was obviously on TV :) ) and it was a good goal. Tough break.

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Root for UML. Getting goals called back happens so much the oldtimers barely react anymore.

the intent to blow the whistle was clearly heard.... er, seen. ah. well it was :D

leswp1
02-15-2013, 10:40 PM
the intent to blow the whistle was clearly heard.... er, seen. ah. well it was :Dah yes I saw, er heard, er saw it.... :D

BobF
02-15-2013, 10:41 PM
karma... dive brought on the pp anyhows. all is good in the world.

Mookie it is interesting how rational you can be when you have no dog in the fight!:-} But you still don't overturn that goal as an official!

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Mookie it is interesting how rational you can be when you have no dog in the fight!:-} But you still don't overturn that goal as an official!

mookie thought it was a goal. but he'll take it!

defkit
02-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I agree it looked like a good goal. Certainly much less interference than when d-bag Diamond backed into O'Connor earlier in the game (Yes, he has won, because I absolutely hate the guy and that is his goal). But I'd be curious to hear an explanation as to what specifically they saw that they felt should negate the goal. Was there contact? Yes. Did it seem to impact O'Connor's ability to make the save? I don't think so.

Anyway, BU played their typical game lately. Start well, then suck for the rest of the game. They couldn't complete a breakout over the last 45 minutes of the game. Maine looked like they had an extra guy most of the way. They were just more determined.

ericredaxe
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Anyway, BU played their typical game lately. Start well, then suck for the rest of the game. They couldn't complete a breakout over the last 45 minutes of the game. Maine looked like they had an extra guy most of the way. They were just more determined.

Well Maine did have an extra guy for the better part of the second... Gotta cut down on the penalties. Hard to gauge effort when you are gassed from being on the PK half the night.