PDA

View Full Version : Maine - BU = Pretty Sad

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KnowItAll
02-14-2013, 09:19 AM
http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/pudding_zps20715e15.jpg.

those are all the same size... only a violation if a player gets a larger than average sized serving of pudding

all bear
02-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Jack Parker throwing everything that wasn't bolted down on the bench onto the Alfond ice...

Scott Cashman shattering a goal stick over the crossbar after getting chased in the second period...

Yeah, who knows, maybe a return to the Alfond will jolt Jackpa out his self induced alzheimers and return him to quasi normal for a game or two :D

Bomber
02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Yeah, who knows, maybe a return to the Alfond will jolt Jackpa out his self induced alzheimers and return him to quasi normal for a game or two :D

Does the ghost of Shawn Walsh haunt the visitor dressing room? That would help.

I'm a big fan of the JP McKersie game (year?) He comes into the game with BU down 4 zip. BU scores 4 unanswered and earns a "BU wins 4-4" point.

BU Hockey: Glory Days (Miss the Hate)

Terrier520
02-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Pretty sad theres no thread on this weekends series. Just goes to show you how far these programs are slipping. Time for a dual coaching change, and quick.

JackPa out to pasture....timmay to university of southern maine and DIII. Its where they do belong.

Or... and bear with me here ...

They SWITCH sides!

Jack Parker becomes the coach of Maine. Timmay leads BU. It's like that fish-out-of-water comedy that Hockey East has always wanted!

PKN
02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Brad Holt is the coach at the University of New England.

Bomber
02-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Or... and bear with me here ...

They SWITCH sides!

Jack Parker becomes the coach of Maine. Timmay leads BU. It's like that fish-out-of-water comedy that Hockey East has always wanted!

Perhaps Maine could throw in a defenseman as well. We're a bit short right now.

all bear
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Perhaps Maine could throw in a defenseman as well. We're a bit short right now.

dont worry, even with all the excrement, I mean excitement, with jackie and players these days, its 4 points for the terriers..puhleez.

(my phkn word, you guyz are a real train wreck...maybe we can learn something here on how to demorailize a team and get rid of a coach)

rufus
02-14-2013, 05:40 PM
We need to find a Shawn look-alike to hang out at the alfond when jackie's team pulls up, and then to follow him around wherever he goes the rest of the weekend. If that won't light a fire in the old goat, nothing will.

Maybe we can get the look-alike to bich-slap TIMMAY, just for gits and shiggles.

BUPhD
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM
It'll be like Freaky Friday where they just wake up and find themselves to have switched bodies but no one knows!

BU2K
02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
This weekend has Benedetto written all over it...

...along with 4 points for Blue. :D

mookie1995
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
i realized this afternoon that BOTH of these games are on tv!!

(so much for growing the sport of college hockey ;) )

ericredaxe
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
i realized this afternoon that BOTH of these games are on tv!!

(so much for growing the sport of college hockey ;) )

I'm sure they were thinking these games would have been a bit bigger than they are!

ck1969
02-15-2013, 07:51 AM
I'm sure they were thinking these games would have been a bit bigger than they are!

I think there is already a show named after these games/teams. The Biggest Loser.

Priceless
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm not hoping we get swept at all...

I don't think any true fan ever hopes their team gets swept.

The key phrase there is "true fan."

I'm a big fan of the JP McKersie game (year?) He comes into the game with BU down 4 zip. BU scores 4 unanswered and earns a "BU wins 4-4" point.

January 31, 1992. That was my first game filming for Maine. That game was incredible.

defkit
02-15-2013, 10:42 AM
The key phrase there is "true fan."

January 31, 1992. That was my first game filming for Maine. That game was incredible.

I have/had it on tape. I think Jenkins got the first. Koskimaki had one, and I think the tying goal was credited to Dave Sacco after a goal mouth scramble.

That game was of course proceeded the following season by the "1" on Maine's record. As Bob Norton pointed out in the telecast, in '91-'92, McKersie replaced Cashman, in '92-'93 it was Cashman replacing McKersie when it was 5-2 I think. That '93 game is still one of my all-time favorite memories, albeit from a bar in Boston. BU came back from 2-0 to make it 2-2. Then down 6-2, they come back to tie it up. Then the late penalty on Linna seemed like doom. Somehow, despite the Maine PP (Montgomery, Kariya, Ferraros) basically firing shot after shot at Cashman, BU managed to keep the pusk out of the net. Then of course, Maine gets caught deep, and Pomichter dishes to Prendergast for the GWG in OT. Of course, Maine won everything else, but a pretty solid BU team built on that season to make the FF the next two seasons, including the title in 95.

Priceless
02-15-2013, 11:25 AM
I have/had it on tape. I think Jenkins got the first. Koskimaki had one, and I think the tying goal was credited to Dave Sacco after a goal mouth scramble.

That game was of course proceeded the following season by the "1" on Maine's record. As Bob Norton pointed out in the telecast, in '91-'92, McKersie replaced Cashman, in '92-'93 it was Cashman replacing McKersie when it was 5-2 I think. That '93 game is still one of my all-time favorite memories, albeit from a bar in Boston. BU came back from 2-0 to make it 2-2. Then down 6-2, they come back to tie it up. Then the late penalty on Linna seemed like doom. Somehow, despite the Maine PP (Montgomery, Kariya, Ferraros) basically firing shot after shot at Cashman, BU managed to keep the pusk out of the net. Then of course, Maine gets caught deep, and Pomichter dishes to Prendergast for the GWG in OT. Of course, Maine won everything else, but a pretty solid BU team built on that season to make the FF the next two seasons, including the title in 95.

That Frozen Four was the only one that featured the top four teams of the decade: Maine, BU, Lake State and Michigan. Those four teams were so far above everyone else in the rankings.

I have a slightly different recollection of that game :p but it was one for the ages. BU got at least one fluky goal (the fourth one was a pass that deflected off Matt Martin's skate) during the comeback. Pomichter wasn't even supposed to play that game. He and Martin Mercier were suspended by Hockey East for their fight at WBA in November, but both Jack and Shawn appealed to Hockey East and got the suspension lifted. I remember before the game in the locker room Shawn pointed out that fact and shared his belief that Mercier was much more valuable to us than Pomichter...ooops.

I do think that loss helped propel us to the championship that year. If you had heard the speech Jim Montgomery gave in the locker room after that loss you'd think we were a .500 team fighting for a playoff position. The bus ride over to the Garden for the Hockey East Final the team was pretty loose. Shawn got on the microphone, just said, "All eyes up front" and played the video compilation of BU's 7 goals that night. Not another word was spoken from the bus all the way to the locker rooms. I miss those days.

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
That Frozen Four was the only one that featured the top four teams of the decade: Maine, BU, Lake State and Michigan. Those four teams were so far above everyone else in the rankings....

Me thinks you is mistaken.... I don't read "boston college" anywhere there...

Priceless
02-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Me thinks you is mistaken.... I don't read "boston college" anywhere there...

As I am sure you are aware, Boston College sucked in those years :p

mookie1995
02-15-2013, 01:51 PM
As I am sure you are aware, Boston College sucked in those years :p

Again, mistaken!!!! bc best ever!

Priceless
02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Again, mistaken!!!! bc best ever!
Little known fact: If you go to the Conte Forum and mention the name "Steve Cedorchuk" security kicks you out.