X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Nice.

I'm sure there is also a "Gurt" version floating around somewhere too.

Nah. I've thought about it before though. Imagine the fun I could have with deer, thinner and fat people if I wasn't a Badger fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      We could talk football...
      I think program tradition would be a fruitful topic.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Don't forget sloppy ice to slow things down. The trap, bought officiating, and sloppy ice. Gophers don't stand a chance. Badgers sweep
        Lets talk hypotheticals. Say the badgers sweep. How far up do you think Wisco will move in the Poll and Pairwise? I think even if Minnesota gets swept they will probably stay in the top 5(ish) area.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
          Lets talk hypotheticals. Say the badgers sweep. How far up do you think Wisco will move in the Poll and Pairwise? I think even if Minnesota gets swept they will probably stay in the top 5(ish) area.

Polls don't matter. I'm sure someone could tell you how it would effect the Pairwise though.

Comment

As it is, I'd say that we have to flip at least five comparisons to have a shot at a 4-seed. Sweeping Minnesota would (temporarily) probably be enough to flip comparisons against Ferris State, Merrimack, maybe Lowell, and maybe BU. Sweeping against Minny would do us a LOT of good (mostly because we're not that far behind several other schools in the RPI department, and our TUC win % needs as much of a boost as it can get), but it isn't going to get us an at large bid. It does put us in a good position if we have a hot streak to end the season, though.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I realized that I have posted more in the MTU-Mankato thread. That just isn't right.

So...... how's it goin'?
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                Well the second game is being play in a football stadium....?
                Very true. Since the gophers haven't beaten the badgers in a football stadium since 1994 there is no way Wisco is losing on Sunday. Yes I know they won in the metrodome in 2003 and 2001, but we all know that doesn't count as a real football stadium.

Comment

This thread is still more entertaining than watching WI play hockey.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawny4u View Post
                    Very true. Since the gophers haven't beaten the badgers in a football stadium since 1994 there is no way Wisco is losing on Sunday. Yes I know they won in the metrodome in 2003 and 2001, but we all know that doesn't count as a real football stadium.
                    Gophers have a football team??
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Oh goodie, they play the stinks this weekend.

Comment

I guess I am going to Chicago. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I guess I am going to Chicago. Neat.
                          You once said this about me, and now I return the favor:

"I'm really glad I know this guy."

...the hell? Just now you find out you're going to Chi-town?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It's complicated. There are a lot of ins and outs.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Incidents and accidents, hints and accusations?

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Lots of what have you's. And, uh, lots of strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old duders head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen here To keep my mind limber.

Comment

Working...
                                X