Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin : 02/15 - 02/17

I also think the BADgers suck and we need to complete the sweep and ignore Quinnipiac.
    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Of course I was being a bit facetious regarding burying the gofers on Sunday, but I'm not all that sure what all the snickering is about. We get caught on a long, long shift and Labate takes 2 minors. How often do you see that? Bucky kills 3.5 minutes of the 4 min pp, if Labate gets one minor, it's perhaps a different game. (Not saying he didn't deserve both, just that it doesn't happen often.) Maybe Bucky ties it late or maybe Eaves doesn't pull Rumpel with enough time left, (scored with 1:04 left, I think.) who knows? Still, you guys seem a little excited for all your vaunted firepower being shut out 5 on 5, while the lowly Badger offense managed a score.

Bucky played pretty good, not our best, but certainly far from our worst, and Rumpel was strong in the net. The goofs are a much better team, but just keep leaving us chances on Sunday like you did last night and we'll see how badly we get buried.
      So, you expect to shut our "vaunted firepower" down 5x5 for a second game in a row, and expect our defense that is allowing less goals/game than your team to make as many or more defensive mistakes?

Yes, that seems like the most likely scenario. Great analysis.
      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 02-16-2013, 10:07 AM.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
        I also think the BADgers suck and we need to complete the sweep and ignore Quinnipiac.
        I don't think anyone here is too worried about Quinnipiac at this point, but you can't discuss getting the #1 overall Pairwise seed without talking about them. They do currently hold that spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          So, you expect to shut our "vaunted firepower" down 5x5 for a second game in a row, and expect our defense that is allowing less goals/game than your team to make as many or more defensive mistakes?

Yes, that seems like the most likely scenario. Great analysis.
          If anyone can trap a better team into a loss it is Wisconsin. That is their game.
          Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
          Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Bucky wins the 5 on 5 play 1-0. Not surprisingly, loses the man advantage game 3-1.

Tighten up on the penalty kill and WI will bury MN on Sunday.
            Maybe but Minnesota can storm back from behind in bunches/. That's the type of fire power they have this year . Make a defensive mistake and the first line comes back with huge pressure and scores a timely goal with in a shift or two.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
              If anyone can trap a better team into a loss it is Wisconsin. That is their game.
              On the flip side, the Gophers are a really good forechecking team and can play the dump and chase game as well as anyone. Just get the puck behind the defense and get to work. Win puck battles and cause turnovers in the offensive zone.

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                Their game is in Webster's as the definition of suck. Good for Quinipiac. I don't give a badger's ugly *** for the over all #1 seed. PWR position is just fine, thank you.
                "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

The Gophers will be just fine on Sunday, here are some recent practice conditions they have been using to get ready.

*****http://outofuganda.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/mud2.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                    Nate Condon seems to agree with that analysis. I think that is one of the reasons we got him and not Eaves & Co. He is not the first quality WI player to make that choice.
                    "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Maybe Besse will change his mind, knowing Sconny is where forwards go to die.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        No, not really. We have six wins against teams in the top 55. Six wins. Anybody would expect the goofs to win on Sunday. I just don't think overall you guys played as good as many of you seem to feel last night. I do expect WI to play better on Sunday and if you guys don't as well, the tables could easily be turned. As you point out, if your forecheck is on, you dump and chase effectively, you'll probably win.

On the other hand Bucky has never lost at Soldier field on a Sunday afternoon, while the rodents have never had even a single win. History is obviously on our side.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

No, not really. We have six wins against teams in the top 55. Six wins. Anybody would expect the goofs to win on Sunday. I just don't think overall you guys played as good as many of you seem to feel last night. I do expect WI to play better on Sunday and if you guys don't as well, the tables could easily be turned. As you point out, if your forecheck is on, you dump and chase effectively, you'll probably win.

On the other hand Bucky has never lost at Soldier field on a Sunday afternoon, while the rodents have never had even a single win. History is obviously on our side.
                          I think the Gophers played pretty well last night. At the same time, the Badgers (especially Rumpel) did as well. I expect another close game tomorrow. These games seem to always be close lately.

Comment

You have history, we have Bjugstad.

Advantage: Gophers.

Comment

Nice win in a basketball arena on Friday, conditions for game in football stadium on Sunday shouldn't be much worse.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

The way the Badgers play their system and stick to it all game long makes most games against them close, I'm sure Sunday on the smaller sheet will be no different. Unless there is a huge breakdown in coverage or we get 10 PP's against them they will stick around.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X