This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part IV: Not A Finished Product Yet

So, when I drove by Cortland on the way home, I found our team's game. Nick Bailen's game I saw around Tully. That was INCREDIBLY sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      So, when I drove by Cortland on the way home, I found our team's game. Nick Bailen's game I saw around Tully. That was INCREDIBLY sloppy.
      We were watching different games.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        We were watching different games.
        You missed the first half.

Comment

I was looking at the boxscore and noticed that Iles got an assist on the Cornell's SHG. Didn't we give the puck to them?

Also I note that Bailen got a -4 for the game. He was on the ice for all of Cornell's goals and not for Fulton's. I wonder what the record is for being "perfect" in that regard.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Can't win them all. Fortunately most of the other games cut RPI's way, so the Tute still controls its own destiny for 2nd place. Just gotta get back at it tomorrow.
            Agree completely, but we have to win. If we win this evening, the loss vs. Cornell won't hurt and could actually benefit the team psychologically.

We are now #23 in the PWR.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You missed the first half.
              You didn't specify.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I was looking at the boxscore and noticed that Iles got an assist on the Cornell's SHG. Didn't we give the puck to them?

Also I note that Bailen got a -4 for the game. He was on the ice for all of Cornell's goals and not for Fulton's. I wonder what the record is for being "perfect" in that regard.
                Dolan had his shot blocked on the SHG and it was a clean break. Iles should not have gotten an assist.

Comment

Agree completely, but we have to win. If we win this evening, the loss vs. Cornell won't hurt and could actually benefit the team psychologically.

We are now #23 in the PWR.
                  On the scoreboard it read 4-1. Very misleading-we had plenty of chances and gave up 2 that we normally would not have. Cornell deserved the win-they took advantage of 2 mistakes on our part. Very important to bounce back tonight-and not let this become a new trend. I disagree on one thing though-I don't often find any way that losing is helpful psychologically when it ends a long unbeaten streak. The boys will just have to shake this one off-just be glad this stuff happened last night in the regular season and not in a playoff game.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Also deceiving-he is normally on the power play so of course he is likely to get a minus for a short handed goal. And he is also one player you want on the ice when you have pulled your goaltender-so again-he would be on the ice more than not for an empty net goal. But -4 is not a good number in any case.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      On the scoreboard it read 4-1. Very misleading-we had plenty of chances and gave up 2 that we normally would not have. Cornell deserved the win-they took advantage of 2 mistakes on our part. Very important to bounce back tonight-and not let this become a new trend. I disagree on one thing though-I don't often find any way that losing is helpful psychologically when it ends a long unbeaten streak. The boys will just have to shake this one off-just be glad this stuff happened last night in the regular season and not in a playoff game.
                      It's not a psychological help. It's a help from the perspective of exposing mistakes we have been making all year so that we can hope to fix them in practice. Tonight's team, probably with exception of the fourth line, Kazzy, and the BRO, played like what I saw in Hanover. Those I mentioned played their hearts out for 60 minutes. At the beginning of the game we were completely out of the control. We couldn't handle the puck, had no flow as we were constantly running into each other, and making the mistakes we had been making at the beginning of the season, especially playing right into Cornell's game plan. Eventually the team settled down, but we never played our game, and by the time we started to, it was over.

It doesn't matter any longer, though. Today's a new day. It's a fresh start. What happened last night (with possible exception to who SA is going to choose to dress) means absolutely nothing. This is a test of resiliency. Do we bounce back and take it to Colgate, or do we begin a late February meltdown?

Comment

The Curseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

There's the I didn't get the guys ready to play Seth quote , we were out competed. Let's hope that loss is a silver lining for another 7 ga,e win streak and ecac title
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            The Curseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!
                            That was last night, dingbat.

Comment

We have one for RPI also !! Be careful or I "egg" you tonight !
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                We have one for RPI also !! Be careful or I "egg" you tonight !
                                Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Do your worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X