PDA

View Full Version : NMU at MTU 2/12: It's a "short bus" ride for Northern up to Tech

Pages : [1] 2

JohnsonsJerseys
02-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Congrats to the Huskies for adding some more hardware this weekend and saving face after Friday's late game implosion. No time to polish the trophy now with the 3rd of 5 games in just 9 days this Tuesday. (I still don't understand mid-week games.) The future WCHA mates in green head up US 41 to see what's left of the Winter Carnival and hopefully Tech can improve on their previous 1-goal early season showing at the Barry. Quite honestly I'm hoping to see a lot of ice time for frequent scratches and 3rd / 4th line players in this game so we can focus on the WCHA games at the end of the week. I'm not saying you look past a game, but this is bad scheduling with a break after Mankato that could have been filled with this game. Frankly, Tech needs WCHA points more than they need a win over NMU at this point as much as it pains me to say so.

Go Tech!
Ryan J

aygwm2
02-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I'll give this a *bump* to see if it gets any play.

The last time these two played, December 4th, seems like a long, long time ago.

Tech had a bye week in late January and now another coming up in late February? That seems like a momentum breaker?

Northern needs all the wins it can get (CCHA or not) and they're coming off a loss and a shutout win against Ferris.

I expect it will be a close one.

Is there single-game online access for this game?

JohnsonsJerseys
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech needs to win every game between now and mid-April.
Ryan J

RaceBoarder
02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Just WIN baby! :D

davyd83
02-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Congrats to the Huskies for adding some more hardware this weekend and saving face after Friday's late game implosion. No time to polish the trophy now with the 3rd of 5 games in just 9 days this Tuesday. (I still don't understand mid-week games.) The future WCHA mates in green head up US 41 to see what's left of the Winter Carnival and hopefully Tech can improve on their previous 1-goal early season showing at the Barry. Quite honestly I'm hoping to see a lot of ice time for frequent scratches and 3rd / 4th line players in this game so we can focus on the WCHA games at the end of the week. I'm not saying you look past a game, but this is bad scheduling with a break after Mankato that could have been filled with this game. Frankly, Tech needs WCHA points more than they need a win over NMU at this point as much as it pains me to say so.

Go Tech!
Ryan JIt would be hard to fill that break with this game. Northern will be at Bowling Green that weekend. The coaches tried like crazy to find available common weekend dates. If it were at all possible, there not have been Tuesday nights. It wasn't "bad scheduling." It was a lack of other options.

Shirtless Guy
02-12-2013, 09:11 AM
It would be hard to fill that break with this game. Northern will be at Bowling Green that weekend. The coaches tried like crazy to find available common weekend dates. If it were at all possible, there not have been Tuesday nights. It wasn't "bad scheduling." It was a lack of other options.because the WCHA and CCHA can't let them have a common weekend off that isn't a holiday weekend. It seems really sad that MTU and NMU can't say, we want February 22/23rd off to play a non-conference series.

davyd83
02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
because the WCHA and CCHA can't let them have a common weekend off that isn't a holiday weekend. It seems really sad that MTU and NMU can't say, we want February 22/23rd off to play a non-conference series.I've said that for many years. Won't be a problem next year! Hopefully Tech can match or better the Tuesday crowd of 3509 back in December! And for sure the atmosphere for the Saturday game at Tech last year was electric. When the Mac is packed, there's no better place to watch a college hockey game!

LSSULaker889294
02-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I predict NMU will beat Tech.

bigblue_dl
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I predict NMU will beat Tech.I concur.

NMUFAN
02-12-2013, 03:33 PM
I predict NMU will beat Tech.

Tech will be flying tonight. Plus, WCHA officials. Advantage Tech.

Flashy Man
02-12-2013, 05:54 PM
******** src="http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php/option=com_altcaster/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=fdef7e31f5/height=550/width=470" scrolling="no" height="550px" width="470px" frameBorder="0" allowTransparency="true" ><a href="http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php?option=com_mobile&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=fdef7e31f5" >2/12 Michigan Tech vs. Northern Michigan</a></iframe>

Opposing fans are welcome, as long as you are cordial.

aygwm2
02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech will be flying tonight. Plus, WCHA officials. Advantage Tech.

NMUFAN you called it!

So far Tech has been flying and it's NMU 1 : 8 TECH at the end of the 2nd period.

That's enough for me.

LSSULaker889294
02-12-2013, 08:20 PM
NMU must be focused on clobbering Sparty this weekend.

stuckinwi
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Shirtless Guy
02-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Congrats to Michigan Tech on retaining the Michigan and Play-Up Belts plus winning the DII Belt!

RaceBoarder
02-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Motha Fricka :mad:

bigmrg74
02-13-2013, 12:53 AM
So remind me again, what is the cheer that all huskies do when they actually win?? ;)

Biddco
02-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Matt Wellens tweeted there was a scout for Winnipeg at the game to see Jared Coreau. not the best time to let in four goals in 8:24 seconds...:D

MGoBlueHockey
02-13-2013, 08:17 AM
I hope you guys are all okay, with the zombie attacks in Marquette and all.

http://www.usnews.com/news/offbeat/articles/2013/02/12/hacker-warns-of-zombies-on-2-mich-tv-broadcasts

davyd83
02-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I hope you guys are all okay, with the zombie attacks in Marquette and all.

http://www.usnews.com/news/offbeat/articles/2013/02/12/hacker-warns-of-zombies-on-2-mich-tv-broadcasts

I woke up with a headache. Apparently one tried to eat my brains. He left. Still hungry.