Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Early Departures

Thoughts? Predictions?

Will the NHL come calling more this year due to the compressed season?

I guess I'd be more concerned this year than other years, especially if my team had talented juniors with NHL-ready frames.

Re: 2013 Early Departures

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Thoughts? Predictions?

I guess I'd be more concerned this year than other years, especially if my team had talented juniors with NHL-ready frames.

Leave our juniors alone!

Comment

Thoughts? Predictions?

I don't see them calling just because it is a shortened season. But, I bet 1/2 the Gophers are gone after the season is over. Haula, BJugs, Budish, Schmidt, are absolutely gone and every calls me crazy, but I bet Wilcox leaves for the worthless Lightning - since they have nothing in the form of a competent Goalie.
      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
      Go you Green and White
      Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight with all your might!
      Rah! Rah! Rah!
      We are here to cheer you
      We are out to win your fame,
      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
        I don't see them calling just because it is a shortened season. But, I bet 1/2 the Gophers are gone after the season is over. Haula, BJugs, Budish, Schmidt, are absolutely gone and every calls me crazy, but I bet Wilcox leaves for the worthless Lightning - since they have nothing in the form of a competent Goalie.
        I do have to call you crazy on that one, freshman goalies don't bolt to the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          I do have to call you crazy on that one, freshman goalies don't bolt to the NHL.
          They normally do not, but look at the crap Tampa Bay has now in both the NHL and AHL - I think Twocox is better than anything they currently have.

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

You have to remember he is 21YO and normally would be Jr already.

Go Bemidji Beavers
            Go you Green and White
            Go Bemidji Beavers
            Rah! Rah! Rah!
            We are here to cheer you
            So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

The NHL work stoppage kept more players in college than would have otherwise stayed. It has made for a great season, like in the olden days. I expect the Gophers will be ravaged but I hope they win a NC beforehand.

Michigan is the exception. Good thing they have the #1 recruiting class coming in.
              Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
              Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                Off the top of my head I can only think of one example... Rick DiPetro... and I'm not even sure if he went straight to the NHL or if he did a year in the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Off the top of my head I can only think of one example... Rick DiPetro... and I'm not even sure if he went straight to the NHL or if he did a year in the minors.

I realize that this is so long ago as to be hardly relevant, but both Curtis Joseph and Mike Richter only played one year of college before moving on.

I believe in Wilcox! He should definitely go for it!

Comment

I realize that this is so long ago as to be hardly relevant, but both Curtis Joseph and Mike Richter only played one year of college before moving on.

Did they go straight to the NHL?

Comment

Did they go straight to the NHL?
                      Richter - no

CUJO - split time in Peoria and St. Louis

Comment

Go pull out more short curlies!

Comment

Derek Gustafson (ya know, the one who WON the 4OT game ) also jumped after his freshman year. Got a couple starts for the Wild that year, but mostly stayed in the minors and fizzled out.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                            Don't know I'd go that far. You have the optimism of Scooby. The only guarenteed departure, I would say is Bjugstad. Clearly has an NHL body and is wanted. Schmidt's stock is high, so I would also say its likely. Haula, while likely, I wouldn't say is certain, and pray to the hockey parises every night that he thinks Hobey is a really cool piece of hardware he'd like to try to get. Budish has reasons to expect him to leave, has an NHL body, but I hold out hope for his return. And I am hoping the development needs of goalies means we see Wilcox back. If a few of these guys return, and some of the frosh perform to expectation, they could still have a very good team next year.

And I can't help but think about guys like Vanek and Leopold who really didn't need to stay, but still did, or guys like Klatt who say he would rather have played another year than left (college>nhl for fun factor), and keep that same thread of hope that some will return.

But this is really a discussion for post season. Apparently the WI fan thinks his team's season is already over.

Comment

Two outstanding goaltenders!

Comment

Working...
                              X