Snowmageddon 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowmageddon 2013

Here's a link to an article that was listed on the main USCHO home page, detailing/documenting all the schedule changes.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/02/07/snow...iday-saturday/
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Re: Snowmageddon 2013

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
    Here's a link to an article that was listed on the main USCHO home page, detailing/documenting all the schedule changes.

http://www.uscho.com/2013/02/07/snow...iday-saturday/
    Storm has been named NEMO and the Battlecry in NY is "Fighting NEMO".

"Why is it called Nemo?
    The Winter Storm Team dubbed the storm "Nemo" because of its potential impact. In Greek, Nemo is a boy's name meaning "from the valley." In Latin, however, the name means "nobody." "The fact is, a storm with a name is easier to follow, which will mean fewer surprises and more preparation,"
    Last edited by OnMAA; 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I still think that the sunday game @ UNH v. the huskies is also in jeopardy. The game is at high noon, which means the team will probably have to travel very early sunday to make it to the campus at UNH in time to get situated. I have a hard time thinking that the roads will that passable at that early hour on Sunday to allow safe travel. Heck, I might not even be dug out in time to make it to the game myself, especially if some of the weather model predictions about temperatures and precip come true for near the UNH campus. Temps in the teens with 1" of liquid during a short 5 hour period should be over 20" of snow.
      I refuse to adopt the weather channel's unilateral decree to identify winter storms using proper names. I'll stick with Blizzard of '13

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
        I refuse to adopt the weather channel's unilateral decree to identify winter storms using proper names. I'll stick with Blizzard of '13
        Agree 100%. Names are for hurricanes, not snow storms.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Agree 100%. Names are for hurricanes, not snow storms.
          Code names are easier to remember....rather than the official explanation given earlier, me thinks NEMO could stand for "New England MOnster"...or after you've been digging out for a while you may have to call it the "New England MOther..< fill in the blank >..."
          Last edited by OnMAA; 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Boston Mayor has now closed all the city streets, as of noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Seuss Fan View Post
              Boston Mayor has now closed all the city streets, as of noon.
              Governor has issued ban on non-snow removal/emergency vehicles on all roads in the state after 4:00PM.

Comment

More game changes announced. According to the Yale Womens' site they will be at Harvard on Sunday, 2/10 for a 1:00 PM game.
                Then travel up to Hanover to have a match against the Big Green on Monday, 2/11 at 5:00 PM. This is reliable information at this time, but
                do check ahead before attending any of these events as who knows what it will be like in two days' time.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  Code names are easier to remember....rather than the official explanation given earlier, me thinks NEMO could stand for "New England MOnster"...or after you've been digging out for a while you may have to call it the "New England MOther..< fill in the blank >..."
                  I was wondering if it was the "Nor'Eastern Mother..."
                  ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                    I was wondering if it was the "Nor'Eastern Mother..."
                    Are there more changes today?

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                      Agree 100%. Names are for hurricanes.
                      says the man known to all as "Hux", on and off the boards!
                      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                        says the man known to all as "Hux", on and off the boards!
                        I think it goes without saying that names work fine for people as well.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The Sunday noon game in Durham has been moved to Monday at 7 pm.

UConn @ UNH Mon. 2/11 - 7 pm start
                          THINK PINK
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

The Dartmouth/Yale game is now re-re-re-scheduled for 7:00PM tonight, moved up from the previous 5:00PM slot.

Comment

As The Hockey World Turns.... yup, for all of you hanging onto the edge of the green seats at Thompson Arena, you just have to be patient! No game tonight --- nope, but so far it is for sure to happen tomorrow, the long-awaited matchup between the Big Green and the Bulldogs. Game time at 7:00PM, Tuesday, Feb. 12th.

Comment

Working...
                              X