Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

The New WCHA (2013-14)
    The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Summary of original two threads:
    - UAH finally became a member.
    - THE WCHA TWITTER FEED ANNOUNCES THEY'RE SADDENED THAT MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN STATE, MICHIGAN TECH, AND NOTRE DAME ARE LEAVING THE WCHA FOR THE CCHA FOR THE 1981 SEASON.
    - UAA fans are against the travel subsidy.
    - The Final Five format will be scrapped for just four teams.
    - Conference tournament to be rotated between St. Paul and (most likely) Grand Rapids.
    - Playoff format will make Hockey East fans nostalgic.
    - NCHC fans are still jealous of Tech's "World Famous Nachos."
    - THE WCHA TWITTER FEED WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT ALASKA ANCHORAGE WILL BECOME A WCHA MEMBER FOR THE 1993-94 SEASON.
    - I'm fully aware that my WCHA Twitter feed jokes are just as timely as their actual Twitter feed.
    - Tech still sucks.

Carry on...
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Best image evar.

GFM <-- go UAH
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Your Michigan Tech logo does not comply with The Institution's Identity Standards.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
        Your Michigan Tech logo does not comply with The Institution's Identity Standards.
        Neither does your BG logo. The "space ghost" falcon was retired about 6 years ago
        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Subscribing
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            You're comment is already on record. Athletics don't quite fall under the same guidelines. For reference: http://www.nmu.edu/communicationsand..._standards.pdf (Athletics mark is on page 10). And yes, I certainly took liberties with the 'Cats too.

And just for you, I'm tempted to use this logo in my next map update:
            *****http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Imgs/Gif/Outreach/UniversitiesColleges/michigan_tech_logo2.gif******.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
              Neither does your BG logo. The "space ghost" falcon was retired about 6 years ago
              Jesus Christ. The only ones happy with the map are the UAH folk.

*edit* Retired? Really? What's that right on http://www.bgsufalcons.com/ ?
              Last edited by aparch; 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

The way he phrased it, I think he meant it didn't comply with Tech's "Identity Standards." BG probably doesn't have any standards!
                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I would like to say that not all UAA fans are against the travel subsidiary.

And does nmu want Dave shyiak back?
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

- THE WCHA TWITTER FEED ANNOUNCES THEY'RE SADDENED THAT MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN STATE, MICHIGAN TECH, AND NOTRE DAME ARE LEAVING THE WCHA FOR THE CCHA FOR THE 1981 SEASON.
                    - THE WCHA TWITTER FEED WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT ALASKA ANCHORAGE WILL BECOME A WCHA MEMBER FOR THE 1993-94 SEASON.
                    - I'm fully aware that my WCHA Twitter feed jokes are just as timely as their actual Twitter feed.
                    I thought it was the best part of your entire post.

Comment

It was that map or no hockey. ****ed right we're happy with it.
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Look again, you'll see that much of the falcon head is hidden behind the interlocking BG. Down here, we refer to this present incarnation as 'peek-a-boo falcon'. Our marketing department is managed by interns, retards and the children of ******** interns with ADHD, so we get a new-look logo every couple of years.

PS: UAH is just happy to be on a map...ANY map.
                        Last edited by Freddie; 02-07-2013, 09:39 PM.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder
                          Which answer to this question will **** Donald off the most?
                          I don't know but the response will be tl;dr.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Marking the thread
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

You're comment is already on record. Athletics don't quite fall under the same guidelines. For reference: http://www.nmu.edu/communicationsand..._standards.pdf (Athletics mark is on page 10). And yes, I certainly took liberties with the 'Cats too.

And just for you, I'm tempted to use this logo in my next map update:
                              *****http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Imgs/Gif/Outreach/UniversitiesColleges/michigan_tech_logo2.gif******.

TECH UNVEILS NEW LOGO - WCHA twitter

I honestly prefer that logo about 100x more than stupid piano dog.
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                              X