Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    That is too bad. I completely missed that you moved to Michigan.
    Yeah, it happened during the offseason, so not surprised if folks missed it. Here's the post I made at the time (6/1/13) in the BSU thread.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      Yeah, it happened during the offseason, so not surprised if folks missed it. Here's the post I made at the time (6/1/13) in the BSU thread.
      Hopefully the job search in Traverse City is going well/went well!
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        With college hockey season starting to ramp up, that makes this the perfect time to make official what seemed likely 3-4 months ago - the death of College Hockey Tonight/The Hockey Show.

Scott Williams and I have co-hosted the radio program for the last 14 years, and had hoped that we could find a way to continue despite my move to Traverse City this past June. Unfortunately, we just couldn't find a workable solution. It certainly wasn't a lack of interest in doing the show on either of our parts. I will certainly miss being associated with Bemidji State University Athletics and talking with all the coaches around the sport.

It's been a great run. Thanks for the memories.
        Definitely too bad
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          Also, this answers the "will A1 accept radio simulcast" question. I had heard that F1S wanted a two-man crew solely for their broadcasts.

GFM
          Can't confirm..but I-ll bet Alaska, Alaska-Anchorage and Ferris((and probably more)) will use the radio/internet simulcasts this season for what they are calling WCHATV
          with America One Sports...Alaska is still waiting for the HD equipment to arrive. So broadcasts, and off to a rough start last weekend, will be in SD for time being....

Comment

Separate crew in major markets might be ideal...But Fairbanks and Big Rapids may not have more than one PBP man and if they do, who's going to $$$pay$$ extra costs....Alaska, the AD told me, has spent almost double the price they were quoted for equipment to upgrade....

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
              Can't confirm..but I-ll bet Alaska, Alaska-Anchorage and Ferris((and probably more)) will use the radio/internet simulcasts this season for what they are calling WCHATV
              with America One Sports...Alaska is still waiting for the HD equipment to arrive. So broadcasts, and off to a rough start last weekend, will be in SD for time being....
              I knew there was a reason we decided to actually come up for the games this year. Can't handle SD crap...
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                Separate crew in major markets might be ideal...But Fairbanks and Big Rapids may not have more than one PBP man and if they do, who's going to $$$pay$$ extra costs....Alaska, the AD told me, has spent almost double the price they were quoted for equipment to upgrade....
                This doesn't address the PbP guy, but I've heard UAF will start making good use of its journalism department for game coverage.

I'd also add that the two biggest local markets in the WCHA are Huntsville and Anchorage...hardly major TV markets by any stretch. I would guess most schools will simulcast with radio.
                Last edited by Squarebanks; 10-08-2013, 12:02 PM.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  This doesn't address the PbP guy, but I've heard UAF will start making good use of its journalism department for game coverage.

I'd also add that the two biggest local markets in the WCHA are Huntsville and Anchorage...hardly major TV markets by any stretch. I would guess most schools will simulcast with radio.
                  Last I had heard UAH didn't have a radio partner. I don't know if that has changed.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Last I had heard UAH didn't have a radio partner. I don't know if that has changed.
                    It has not. Our big competitors for time are HS football on Fridays in the fall and UAH basketball during the winter.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Re: simulcasts - probably no alternative to the local PbP guy. But still, I wonder how that will work - will the visiting team no longer send their own PbP guy to radio broadcast back to the hometown? That would be cool if there was an alternative PbP, one "local", one "visitor". Because some of those local PBP guys are awful (I include the one I listen to sometimes - fingernails on chalkboard!). It would be nice if there were an alternative to log on to the simulcast to listen to the visiting PbP guy - for local perople who don't like listening to their guy, and especially for the fans back home who can't stand listening to the homer.

On the other hand, for me, I'd love to listen to the "away" announcer when my team travels!

Comment

Originally posted by camilo View Post
                        Re: simulcasts - probably no alternative to the local PbP guy. But still, I wonder how that will work - will the visiting team no longer send their own PbP guy to radio broadcast back to the hometown? That would be cool if there was an alternative PbP, one "local", one "visitor". Because some of those local PBP guys are awful (I include the one I listen to sometimes - fingernails on chalkboard!). It would be nice if there were an alternative to log on to the simulcast to listen to the visiting PbP guy - for local perople who don't like listening to their guy, and especially for the fans back home who can't stand listening to the homer.

On the other hand, for me, I'd love to listen to the "away" announcer when my team travels!
                        Mute the video audio and listen to the webcast of the traveling PBP guy. I've done it a few times to avoid certain away announcers...

Comment

Doesn't that sometimes lead to significant timing differences? I know one time I tried doing that and the audio and video were 40 seconds out of sync, I was better off just watching the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                            Mute the video audio and listen to the webcast of the traveling PBP guy. I've done it a few times to avoid certain away announcers...
                            Bruce Ciskie.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                              Doesn't that sometimes lead to significant timing differences? I know one time I tried doing that and the audio and video were 40 seconds out of sync, I was better off just watching the video.
                              You just have to play with the pause button on the stream that is ahead. Usually one you get them together you're good to go for a while.

Comment

Looking forward to having a reliable easy to find source of webcasts. I've been setting up (in my barely technological competently way) streaming on my TV ouside of the normal "Smart TV" functions I have. I had been using a HDMI cable which usually worked plug and play (oddly sometimes audio was a real challenge to get working). I recently got a Chromecast dongle which works extremely well for anything I can stream within the Chrome browser.

Comment

Working...
                                X