Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 3, Revenge of the Sieve (2013-14)

Are you sure about that? I clicked the BGSU link, and saw the $150 package (still seems crazy to me, I think UAF's last year was around $75 for a season pass for home games, but I could be wrong). However, if you click on individual games, it shows $8. Says you can't buy until just before the game starts, but it looks like individual games are an option.

I think last year UAF had season pass, month pass, or individual games. Depending on how many games there were that month, I went with the cheapest of the month or individual.

And yeah, the school based subscriptions were annoying, exactly for the reason you said. Having to buy a month pass(often auto-renewing), just for one weekend, isn't cool. Not to mention every system is a bit different. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to cancel my monthly subscription for Miami, because their website was so convoluted. At least with AmericaOne it's pretty straightforward.

Edit: OK, it looks like the difference between season pass and all-access is at least two other sports added in. That $150 makes more sense now
    Last edited by AKJD; 08-31-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

UAH had season passes and single views, all home-only unless a road opponent was also an AmericaONE school. It would be cool to get a league pass for all schools that use the service, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

So what schools have free streaming? You were saying that UAA does?

Comment

If BSU and Mankato's D-II connference (Northern Sun) can figure out free streaming for all their sports, you would think the WCHA could.......
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

They could do so easily by following the UAA model.

Comment

Yesterday Michigan Tech announced people could start purchasing streaming packages for all sports, except hockey.

Michigan Tech hockey streams have been part of Huskies Live in the past, but will now be part of a Western Collegiate Hockey Association-wide streaming package through AmericaOne. Details on hockey streaming will be released in the coming weeks.
              http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...iesLive2013-14

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuy View Post
                So what schools have free streaming? You were saying that UAA does?
                UAH likely won't do free streaming.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

At the Alaska Face Off Club meeting last night, Alaska Athletic Director Dr Gary Gray confirmed that the FOX deal was dead as of last week.

The league has partnered up with America One and like last year it will cost$$$you.

He said the University has to fork out a good chunk of change for new equipment(the most of all the schools to get to HD) and that the University public TV and broadcasting departments will be in charge of producing the broadcasts. They will be using the radio play-by-play feed at this time.

Hopes are that the league will go with FOX next season with the league-FOX-and schools splitting revenues and that it will hopefully be free...

Comment

Alaska will probably use Stretch to broadcast the Blue/Gold game at the Patty Center and again at the Patty for the series with Mercyhurst. Those will be FREE.

They use this for volleyball and men's and women's basketball

The Mercyhurst series will have to be played on campus in October because the Carlson Center is booked and the junior team will be playing at the other arena,
                    the Big Dipper Ice Arena that seats 2,000. Patty about 1300-1400.

First game at the Carlson is first weekend in October, an exhibition vs the University of British Columbia. So hopefully Alaska's $$$ info will soon be available for America One.

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                      At the Alaska Face Off Club meeting last night, Alaska Athletic Director Dr Gary Gray confirmed that the FOX deal was dead as of last week.

The league has partnered up with America One and like last year it will cost$$$you.

He said the University has to fork out a good chunk of change for new equipment(the most of all the schools to get to HD) and that the University public TV and broadcasting departments will be in charge of producing the broadcasts. They will be using the radio play-by-play feed at this time.

Hopes are that the league will go with FOX next season with the league-FOX-and schools splitting revenues and that it will hopefully be free...
                      Considering the current equipment was abysmal I am not surprised we had to fork out some dough to upgrade. I've heard that there were some discussions with KUAC to start televising some of our games with a higher quality broadcast than what we did for GCI, which was simply re-broadcasting the Carlson Center video feed.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I'm just wondering if this WCHA thread will ever take up any topic other than broadcasting.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                          I'm just wondering if this WCHA thread will ever take up any topic other than broadcasting.
                          Once the season gets into full swing I'm sure it will.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                            Once the season gets into full swing I'm sure it will.
                            I hope that we're talking about all the UAH upsets.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Which WCHA arenas allow alcohol sales? Just the off campus ones?
                              "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaCat View Post
                                Which WCHA arenas allow alcohol sales? Just the off campus ones?
                                We will have it.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X