Will D3 games be Posstponed this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will D3 games be Posstponed this weekend

The Weather Channel is calling for 1 foot of snow in VT and maybe more in NH, ME, and Mass Friday and Saturday. I can not recall a game rescheduled because of weather but this storm looks like it could make it impossible for teams to travel. Have D3 rescheduled games because of strorms?
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Re: Will D3 games be Posstponed this weekend

Originally posted by hawk View Post
    The Weather Channel is calling for 1 foot of snow in VT and maybe more in NH, ME, and Mass Friday and Saturday. I can not recall a game rescheduled because of weather but this storm looks like it could make it impossible for teams to travel. Have D3 rescheduled games because of strorms?
    Rarely
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Heck yea. Salem State played St. A's on a Sunday because the SSC Prez told them not to travel on Fri. because of some snow on the ground.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ask Buff State and Oswego what real snow is. A foot of snow can fall there while you are inside an arena for a game!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

We get a foot every time it snows. Nothing ever gets cancelled, you just leave early
          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Unless the storm becomes major and there are threats of actual dangerous conditions before/on the day of travel (so thursday or early friday/saturday) or on the day of the game there are roads that are shut down because of it or if the rink suffers damage and there are no suitable alternatives. Otherwise no. Foot of snow should not be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan2113 View Post
              Unless the storm becomes major and there are threats of actual dangerous conditions before/on the day of travel (so thursday or early friday/saturday) or on the day of the game there are roads that are shut down because of it or if the rink suffers damage and there are no suitable alternatives. Otherwise no. Foot of snow should not be an issue.
              I remember we (Hobart) had a Sat home game vs. RIT postponed to Sunday afternoon due to weather...but it was because it was so **** cold they deemed it was a player safety issue. This was back when the Geneva Rec Center (aka "The Cooler") still had an open wall on the lake side of the rink. I think RIT may have complained about the conditions that morning to get the game postponed....or maybe that is just what our coach told us to get us fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                I remember we (Hobart) had a Sat home game vs. RIT postponed to Sunday afternoon due to weather...but it was because it was so **** cold they deemed it was a player safety issue. This was back when the Geneva Rec Center (aka "The Cooler") still had an open wall on the lake side of the rink. I think RIT may have complained about the conditions that morning to get the game postponed....or maybe that is just what our coach told us to get us fired up.
                It's (once again) all RIT's fault, but when you played in a lean-to, what do you expect?

I agree with everyone else - a foot of snow is hardly grounds for wide-spread cancellations. I wonder where that thought even came from. What would create havoc would be an ice storm.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

1 foot of snow preventing a hockey team in NY/VT from travelling? What, do we suddenly all live in texas? C'mon, man! That's nothing!
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                    1 foot of snow preventing a hockey team in NY/VT from travelling? What, do we suddenly all live in texas? C'mon, man! That's nothing!
                    +1 Ridiculous...
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

What is a "strorms"? Do you mean sternums - if so injuries to them can be quite painful.

As for "Posstponed" not really what you are getting at here, something to do with your inability to honor a wager???
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/co...ge-_big_dreams
                        A rescheduled game is how Norwich found Kyle Thomas

Comment

http://www.vpr.net/episode/50408/ver...icy-explained/

I have attached a link to the Vermont AOT safe roads policy. In Vermont they don't use much salt and the roads (especially I89) are tough to drive. A few years ago after watching a game at Plattsburgh the roads were completely bare there where as once you got off the Ferry it was all snow covered to central Vermont. I not sure if it is the budget but the winter driving I have done in NY, NH, and ME has been much safer. Vermont doesn't like to use a lot of salt to protect the river's. We have been complaining for years to no avail.
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

A Nor'easter - February 1, 2011

This one a little more understandable.
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

They are expecting up to two feet in the Boston area and up to one foot pretty much in the whole Northeast.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                              X