2013-14 Hockey East scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-14 Hockey East scheduling

I know it is a long way off, but frankly we Maine fans ceased giving a **** about this year a long time ago.

A poster in the Maine thread who is apparently a glutton for punishment (:cough: gscott) listened to the Tim Whitehead show and there was discussion of next year's schedule (apparently Whitehead plans to be involved).

The upshot was that each Hockey East team will play each other twice. Does anyone know if this is a home and home (i.e., BU @ BC and BC @ BU one game each year) or a rotating two game series (BU @ BC x 2 year one, BC @ BU x 2 year two)?

Other gleaned bits of info were that Maine has an additional two non-conference games each planned with Vermont and UMass, as well as discussions with UNH about an extra game each year rotating between Manchester and Portland. Apparently, no one from out west wants to come to Orono.

Has anyone at other schools heard anything?

Re: 2013-14 Hockey East scheduling

RPI will be playing BC, BU, and UNH.

Comment

I hope it's not two games against one team in one weekend and then you don't see them for the rest of the year.... rumor has it that it might be that way at least with the new western team involved... but thats just rumor. Dont know that anyone has heard anything firm.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        I hope it's not two games against one team in one weekend and then you don't see them for the rest of the year.... rumor has it that it might be that way at least with the new western team involved... but thats just rumor. Dont know that anyone has heard anything firm.
        Seems tough to do Notre Dame with single game sets. The league has also historically done Friday/Sunday for single game series at Maine and Vermont, which would set both schools up to about double the number of terrible Sunday afternoon games.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          Seems tough to do Notre Dame with single game sets. The league has also historically done Friday/Sunday for single game series at Maine and Vermont, which would set both schools up to about double the number of terrible Sunday afternoon games.
          Which would mean (since we are moving to 2 games against each team per year) that we dont see Maine, UVM and the west coast team every other year, and then we see them two nights in a row every other year. I hope that is not how they do it.. but it might be. Maine, Vermont would be easier to manage single game sets, at least when they travel they could play at Merrimack Friday and Northeastern on Saturday (for example) without too much tavel.

Comment

for the record, i got out of a meeting and the timmay! show was on the radio when i started the car... my understanding is that the schedule was to be home and home series, with notre dame either hosting two game sets against one opponent and then travelling for two games the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Which would mean (since we are moving to 2 games against each team per year) that we dont see Maine, UVM and the west coast team every other year, and then we see them two nights in a row every other year. I hope that is not how they do it.. but it might be. Maine, Vermont would be easier to manage single game sets, at least when they travel they could play at Merrimack Friday and Northeastern on Saturday (for example) without too much tavel.
              My guess is ND, UVM, ME will be two games in two nights... The other remaing eight will play a team at home or away twice depending on the balance with the first three but it may not be consecutive...

The following year is where it gets murky. My guess is that ND will always be two and UVM/ME will tend to be two unless its needed to maintain home/away splits
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                for the record, i got out of a meeting and the timmay! show was on the radio when i started the car... my understanding is that the schedule was to be home and home series, with notre dame either hosting two game sets against one opponent and then travelling for two games the following year.
                Are they going to keep everyone's schedules home/road balanced, or are they going to let the ND series take everyone +1/-1?
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                  Are they going to keep everyone's schedules home/road balanced, or are they going to let the ND series take everyone +1/-1?
                  i would assume to accomodate notre dame's travel needs, they would go with the +1/-1 in terms of home/road balance depending on whether a team is heading to or hosting notre dame in that particular season

Comment

If Maine and VT are going to be the two game weekends format with all conference play, thats going to take away a lot of home dates won't it? That would then make it imperative to have Maine and VT's OOC games be at home to fill that void. Am I right in thinking that?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      If Maine and VT are going to be the two game weekends format with all conference play, thats going to take away a lot of home dates won't it? That would then make it imperative to have Maine and VT's OOC games be at home to fill that void. Am I right in thinking that?
                      No, the Hockey East schedule will still be evenly split home/road (possibly +/- 1 game, depending on how they arrange things).
                      Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                      Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                        No, the Hockey East schedule will still be evenly split home/road (possibly +/- 1 game, depending on how they arrange things).
                        Correct
                        Instead of umo playing one at bu and one at bc, they would play 2 at bc and 0 at bu....
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

OOC dates will be open anyways with 7 extra spots to fill (20 games) next year, 5 (22) the year after
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

No. Using BC as an example: they would play home and home with BU, UM-L, UMa, UNH, UConn, Merr, NU, and Prov. One year they would play 2 home with ME and UVM and 2 at ND for 12 home and 10 away. The next year they would be 2 away at ME and UVM and 2 home with ND for 10 home and 12 away. ME, UVM, and ND would be similarly unbalanced with 12/10 one year and 10/12 the next. On the other hand, if either ME or UVM were partnered with UNH or UMa - a three-hour drive - the schedule could be balanced. And you could have travel partners: UMa/UConn, BC/BU, NU/Prov, UM-L/Merr, and UNH/ME or UVM and then ND/ME or UVM one team you play home, the other you play away. And everybody except that last pair have a balanced schedule.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              No. Using BC as an example: they would play home and home with BU, UM-L, UMa, UNH, UConn, Merr, NU, and Prov. One year they would play 2 home with ME and UVM and 2 at ND for 12 home and 10 away. The next year they would be 2 away at ME and UVM and 2 home with ND for 10 home and 12 away. ME, UVM, and ND would be similarly unbalanced with 12/10 one year and 10/12 the next. On the other hand, if either ME or UVM were partnered with UNH or UMa - a three-hour drive - the schedule could be balanced. And you could have travel partners: UMa/UConn, BC/BU, NU/Prov, UM-L/Merr, and UNH/ME or UVM and then ND/ME or UVM one team you play home, the other you play away. And everybody except that last pair have a balanced schedule.
                              Noooooooo. I would expect another "special needs" skool to get the same treatment as Notre dame, UVM, and lake at east. Umass or uconn. Then it stays balanced
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X