All-Americans Watch 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Americans Watch 2013

As I like to do every year once the calendar turns to February...here are my current projections on who will be named All-American later this year at the FF banquet in March.

I'll update these every week based on the previous week's results and I'll only do the East Region since I've seen very few of the West teams play.

1st Team East:

F. Paul Rodrigues, Oswego
    F. Louie Educate, Utica
    F. Colin Mulvey, Norwich
    D. Zach Josepher, Oswego
    D. Rob Florentino, UMass-Boston
    G. Nick Broadwater, Hobart

2nd Team East:

F. Luke Moodie, Oswego
    F. Keith Beuhler, Wesleyan
    F. Frank Salituro, Hobart
    D. Shawn Jameson, Wentworth
    D. Scott Farrell, Neumann
    G. Andrew Hare, Oswego

3rd Team East:

F. Branden Parkhouse, Becker
    F. Harry Matheson, Bowdoin
    F. Travis Janke, Norwich
    D. Tim McGarry, Bowdoin
    D. Anton Racklin, Manhattanville
    G. Nathan Corey, Amherst
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: All-Americans Watch 2013

Honestly Prez I feel Jesse McConney would be a better choice than Zach Josepher for AA from Oswego. Jesse does make some more egregious mistakes but he also is the best passer the Laker's have and when he is off his game the whole team suffers. And I am not exactly sold on Hare as an AA either, I know his numbers are great and he has made a few really great saves but he has also let in some really brutal goals that have really changed the course of some games. I don't know who I would but in his place, maybe Nick Therrien from Utica. Other than that those would pretty much be my picks as well.

Comment

I am really surprised that you dont have Mike Lysyj from Cortland on your list

Comment

Anyone want to start speculating on Coach of the Year??

Matt Loen - UW-EC
        Gary Heenan - Utica

Anyone else on the Coaches under Consideration List?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Matt Loen - UW-EC
          Gary Heenan - Utica

I suppose Terry Meagher deserves some thought, but this really seems to me like it should be Loen's running away.
          Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
          A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
          A Handful of ECAC West Championships
          A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
          Some National Championships:
          Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
          Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Matt Loen - UW-EC
            Gary Heenan - Utica

Damian DiGiulian has St. Mikes as the LEAST penalized team this year!! Quite an improvement and turnaround.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              As I like to do every year once the calendar turns to February...here are my current projections on who will be named All-American later this year at the FF banquet in March.

I'll update these every week based on the previous week's results and I'll only do the East Region since I've seen very few of the West teams play.

1st Team East:

F. Louie Educate, Utica
              F. Colin Mulvey, Norwich
              D. Zach Josepher, Oswego

2nd Team East:

F. Luke Moodie, Oswego
              D. Shawn Jameson, Wentworth
              G. Andrew Hare, Oswego

3rd Team East:

F. Harry Matheson, Bowdoin
              F. Travis Janke, Norwich
              D. Tim McGarry, Bowdoin
              D. Anton Racklin, Manhattanville
              G. Nathan Corey, Amherst
              There is NO WAY in the world Oswego gets 4 guys on All-American team. Moodie and Rodrigues and possibly McConney.

Comment

I have watch several Oswego games this yr a few at the CC and a bunch on the computer,Josepher was on fire at the start of the yr...that said from what I have seen in the past few weeks not so much,offensive production down bigtime, and I have seen him get beat like a rented mule a few times in the pas t few weeks,just saying,maybe 2nd team SUNYAC?? ps not bashing just what I have seen, and I am sure when the chips are down and the pressure is on,NOW, he will step up his game, and we at Oz need him back to the start of the season form

Comment

Having watched 6-8 of the Lakers games this year they shouldn't get 4 AA's. Rodrigues and Moodie are interchangeable. Hare should not even be a thought and I would put the Card's Cadieux in for Goalie along with the Cards' Docking. McConney is a nice thought for 3rd AA team. The one player who should get some thought is Jon Whitelaw but he won't for he missed about 6-8 games in the first half of the year. [U]IF[B]the Lakers get 1 player to AA status I would be happy for there are just to many really good players out there.
                  Oswego 88

Comment

Missed last week but here are my updated projections:

1st Team East:

F. Louie Educate, Utica
                    F. Colin Mulvey, Norwich
                    D. Tim McGarry, Bowdoin

2nd Team East:

F. Luke Moodie, Oswego
                    F. Travis Janke, Norwich
                    D. Jesse McConney, Oswego
                    D. Shaun Jameson, Wentworth
                    G. Mathieu Cadieux, Plattsburgh

3rd Team East:

F. Travis Daniel, UMass Boston
                    D. Ryan Michel, Hobart
                    G. Benjamin Coultard, Trinity
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

I don't know if anyone has seen him play? What about the points leader in Joe Caveney, Fitchburg State. I would think he would have to get some consideration just with his crazy stats?
                      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

D. Tim McGarry, Bowdoin
                        IMO extremely deserving of recognition. I have been fortunate to have seen him play at least 50 games ( I have a senior student), and he is the backbone of that team defensively. Undoubtedly the strongest pound for pound defenseman in the league, and possibly the strongest regardless of size.
                        He got in the lineup the very first game his freshman year and has barely missed a game. He does not score a ton of points however he did have 10-9-19 last season, and has 3-12-15 this season. He also holds the most pen in a season for Bowdoin all time (77), in 2010-2011 the season they won won the league playoffs which broke a previous record from 1978. He also holds record for most pen in a career (232) and counting, breaking 2 time 1st team All-American Kyle Shearer-Hardy s mark of 212. He will be playing in his 98th game tonight vs Trinity at Brooks School in North Andover. Treat yourself to seeing one of the best defensemen, best leaders in D3 hockey. And FWIW, there is a boy that attends the home games, and watches from right next to the bench so he can hi 5 all the players as they get to the bench, that has MS, and he also wears #28.

You may also see a two great goalies, and possible AA candidates.
                        Last edited by SCACfan; 02-18-2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                          I don't know if anyone has seen him play? What about the points leader in Joe Caveney, Fitchburg State. I would think he would have to get some consideration just with his crazy stats?
                          I haven't seem him play this year, but now that I think about the name a little more, Joe transfered to Fitchburg mid-semester last year from Division I UMass-Lowell and he played in the Northfield Savings Bank Holiday Tournament. He was certainly a gifted player for the D-III level and I guess you could certainly knock Parkhouse from Becker or really anyone of the 3rd team forwards out and insert Caveney into that slot.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by SCACfan View Post
                            D. Tim McGarry, Bowdoin
                            IMO extremely deserving of recognition. I have been fortunate to have seen him play at least 50 games ( I have a senior student), and he is the backbone of that team defensively. Undoubtedly the strongest pound for pound defenseman in the league, and possibly the strongest regardless of size.
                            He got in the lineup the very first game his freshman year and has barely missed a game. He does not score a ton of points however he did have 10-9-19 last season, and has 3-12-15 this season. He also holds the most pen in a season for Bowdoin all time (77), in 2010-2011 the season they won won the league playoffs which broke a previous record from 1978. He also holds record for most pen in a career (232) and counting, breaking 2 time 1st team All-American Kyle Shearer-Hardy s mark of 212. He will be playing in his 98th game tonight vs Trinity at Brooks School in North Andover. Treat yourself to seeing one of the best defensemen, best leaders in D3 hockey. And FWIW, there is a boy that attends the home games, and watches from right next to the bench so he can hi 5 all the players as they get to the bench, that has MS, and he also wears #28.

You may also see a two great goalies, and possible AA candidates.
                            Not sure why taking the most penalties is a reason to be considered for AA.......
                            Go 'Wick!

Comment

There are just not enough players selected. In the 79 DIII teams there must be more than 2,000 rostered players.
                              To only select 18 is less than 1%. Have they ever considered more. Like 6 forwards, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies
                              per 1st, 2nd, 3rd team in the East and 1st, 2nd teams in the West.

Just seems that a lot of great players are left out, especially if you don't play for one of the final 4 teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X