Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND @ UNO Dean and Dave take it outside Feb 8th & 9th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ UNO Dean and Dave take it outside Feb 8th & 9th.

The red cows are coming off of a split with Tech and sit alone in 2nd place with 26 WCHA points. UND managed to earn 3 of 4 points against Wisconsin and are tied with DU and UMTC for 3rd place with 24 WCHA points. Home ice is a concern for over half of the WCHA teams and there are about 5 horses pulling for the first place finish line so there should be some really good hockey played all over the league this weekend. Split predictions are boring, UND sweeps.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Re: UND @ UNO Dean and Dave take it outside Feb 8th & 9th.

UND destroys the other Landcows 37 to 1/5 on Friday. Captain Gaptooth is so disgusted by his crappy goaltending that he doesn't even put a goalie in net for the outdoor game. UND scores 162 times and wins going away. Trev Alberts declares the game an unmitigated disaster and immediately disbands the hockey team. Dominic Zombo turns to petty thievery and in three short years ascends to become the Kingpin of the Omaha underworld.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

What the hell is a landcow...
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

UND gonna be missing anyone from the UW shenanigans?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          They better not since Michael Mersch came off the bench for UW to challenge Pattyn to a fight and isn't being suspended.
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            They better not since Michael Mersch came off the bench for UW to challenge Pattyn to a fight and isn't being suspended.
            Good... pulling for UND this weekend.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              Nope and you can come off a bench, challenge someone to a fight, and not get suspended. Christmas came twice in the same week for Mike Mersch, first the ref saves him from a massive beat down, and then he jumps off of the bench and challenges someone to a fight and then doesn't get suspended for it. In the NHL, he might be looking at a long suspension.
              Eric's Twitter

Comment

UND will scrimmage outdoors today at 3:30 at Riverside Park. Fans are welcome to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  Nope and you can come off a bench, challenge someone to a fight, and not get suspended. Christmas came twice in the same week for Mike Mersch, first the ref saves him from a massive beat down, and then he jumps off of the bench and challenges someone to a fight and then doesn't get suspended for it. In the NHL, he might be looking at a long suspension.
                  I was confused how neither of them got a suspension. I know Mersch came off the bench, but both guys dropped their gloves and I thought that was automatic...?
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MissSioux85 View Post
                    UND will scrimmage outdoors today at 3:30 at Riverside Park. Fans are welcome to attend.
                    Tomorrow's headline:
                    *****http://imageshack.us/a/img7/6623/grandforksherald.jpg******
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I was confused how neither of them got a suspension. I know Mersch came off the bench, but both guys dropped their gloves and I thought that was automatic...?
                      It's not automatic. Dropping gloves will draw a game misconduct but, not a DQ. The jumping off of the bench was much more serious. Pattyn was responding to Mersch calling him out.
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                        Likely, Mersch was tired of having to go out on our miserable pp and was simply looking for an easy (fighting sue) way out. Who among us wouldn't do something drastic to get off a 9% pp? Completely understandable so cut the kid some slack.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Likely, Mersch was tired of having to go out on our miserable pp and was simply looking for an easy (fighting sue) way out. Who among us wouldn't do something drastic to get off a 9% pp? Completely understandable so cut the kid some slack.
                          While understandable, the fact that this idea of his risked him getting his face caved in by Pattyn makes it rather obvious that the plan was not all that well thought out.
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I know, I know - wrong thread. But since the topic of bucky last weekend came up....I was sitting 5 rows up from the benches. When things were heating up, one of the bucky players (didn't see which one) grabbed a water bottle and decided to squirt the crowd, or more likely someone right behind the bench. I called Cary Eades but he said he couldn't get here in time to do anything about it. Security was there real quick.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

The weather is something of a concern here for Saturday, particularly, as things stand now, the later in the day it gets. Rain is the issue. Forecast models are all over the board still, though, the local weather guessers are saying. As you can imagine, the weather forecast for Saturday is now getting a lot of scrutiny here.

Comment

Working...
                              X