Minnesota State at tMinnesota Duluth - Welp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State at tMinnesota Duluth - Welp

MSU is coming off a bye weekend and UMD is coming off being swept by DU in choketastic fashion. Once again UMD has a series that can help them achieve home ice (especially since MSU is ahead of them in the standings).

Just based on what I've seen from MSU and UMD this year...I'd say MSU will get home ice and UMD will not. I just have a feeling that UMD will play at MSU this year for playoffs. We'll see how that feeling goes.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: Minnesota State at tMinnesota Duluth - Welp

I hope your feeling is correct! I have no prediction, I have not seen UMD play this year. Mavs need the points for home ice and the wins to stay in contension for the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      MSU is coming off a bye weekend and UMD is coming off being swept by DU in choketastic fashion. Once again UMD has a series that can help them achieve home ice (especially since MSU is ahead of them in the standings).

Just based on what I've seen from MSU and UMD this year...I'd say MSU will get home ice and UMD will not. I just have a feeling that UMD will play at MSU this year for playoffs. We'll see how that feeling goes.
      You are really off base on that prediction of UMD playing at MSU in the first round. Some guy in Mankato two weekends ago was pretty convinced the Gophers were gonna be down there for the first round. Just sayin'.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        You are really off base on that prediction of UMD playing at MSU in the first round. Some guy in Mankato two weekends ago was pretty convinced the Gophers were gonna be down there for the first round. Just sayin'.
        You sure he wasn't messing you?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

You sure he wasn't messing you?
          No, he was just wasted and probably knew very little about records and standings
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Gigantic series for both teams. Hopefully a well rested Maverick squad is ready as soon as the puck drops on Friday. They need at least three points this weekend, especially with how tight the conference is.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              No, he was just wasted and probably knew very little about records and standings
              He wasn't wasted, but he indeed knew very little about records and standings

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Check mark
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Holy obsession, Batman.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                    Holy obsession, Batman.
                    Me or the Mavs fan that had it out for us? I know I told that story in the MSU/UM series thread, but I just couldn't pass up retelling it after Biddco's little prediction.

Carry on

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Me or the Mavs fan that had it out for us? I know I told that story in the MSU/UM series thread, but I just couldn't pass up retelling it after Biddco's little prediction.

Carry on
                      Besides, that thread got so screwed up that the administrators apparently deleted the whole thing.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        Besides, that thread got so screwed up that the administrators apparently deleted the whole thing.
                        That one turned into a nasty one.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Any prediction from Mav fans? I am thinking a split...I'd be pleasantly surprised if UMD did more than that. Unless they get decent goaltending and get the power play clicking is the only way they win.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            That one turned into a nasty one.
                            That's what happens when the Whioux get involved.

Comment

Any prediction from Mav fans? I am thinking a split...I'd be pleasantly surprised if UMD did more than that. Unless they get decent goaltending and get the power play clicking is the only way they win.
                              I'd say a split is likely. MSU isn't playing as well as they did before the break, but they are playing well enough to get points out of every series. If the offense starts clicking again I would say 3-4 points isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I don't know how likely that is right now. Hastings has been changing lines almost every game lately because they seem to have just lost something on offense. Defensively I still like what they are doing. MSU does well at keeping the number of shots pretty low and I see that continuing. So.....long story short, I see a split.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                              X