Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA at Tech 2/8 - 2/9: Are there ponies at Winter Carnival? I heard there were ponies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA at Tech 2/8 - 2/9: Are there ponies at Winter Carnival? I heard there were ponies

Tech sweeps. We suck.

And discuss.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Re: UAA at Tech 2/8 - 2/9: Are there ponies at Winter Carnival? I heard there were po

C'mon... its 1 AM on the East Coast and the mods are asleep... I want ponies!
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: UAA at Tech 2/8 - 2/9: Are there ponies at Winter Carnival? I heard there were po

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      C'mon... its 1 AM on the East Coast and the mods are asleep... I want ponies!
      *****http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6937/mlfw9059manesixdontdoit.gif******
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        *****http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6937/mlfw9059manesixdontdoit.gif******
        Do it... do it...

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Tech sweeps. We suck.

And discuss.
          We looked pretty solid this past weekend, the guys just needed a little confidence and maybe they got a dose of some after not losing either game against the Tigers. I think we get a split.

One question for Tech fans. I know your team has dealt with a ton of injuries in the past couple of years, are the players healthy this season? I haven't kept up with the Huskies much at all, except to root for them when they aren't playing UAA.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            We looked pretty solid this past weekend, the guys just needed a little confidence and maybe they got a dose of some after not losing either game against the Tigers. I think we get a split.
            *****http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8672/mlfw9093131113865284.jpg******
            Ok, maybe we are doing better. But it being Carny weekend takes away my confidence...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I would say we've had more key injuries this season than last. Sova is back on defense now, and we seem to be in decent health again.

Carny weekend doesn't always seem to produce wins for us. Personally, I would expect us to give 120% every weekend, regardless of any events taking place.

I say Tech sweeps, but UAA makes them earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                One question for Tech fans. I know your team has dealt with a ton of injuries in the past couple of years, are the players healthy this season? I haven't kept up with the Huskies much at all, except to root for them when they aren't playing UAA.
                We had some earlier in the season, things are pretty good now.

Go ahead . . . splurge . . . treat yourself and cheer for the Huskies this weekend too!

Comment

we have a few injuries and a couple of illnesses, but nothing like in previous years. most everybody is healthy. the only question is which team plays on which night.
                  the good Huskies can play with and beat anybody. the bad Huskies are slow, take dumb penalties and generally shoot themselves in the foot. I would hope they will be pumped up about Carnival and the chance to add a trophy and banner to their ever growing collection. wish I was up there, would love to see Dave again. I think I owe him a home cooked meal.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    we have a few injuries and a couple of illnesses, but nothing like in previous years. most everybody is healthy. the only question is which team plays on which night.
                    the good Huskies can play with and beat anybody. the bad Huskies are slow, take dumb penalties and generally shoot themselves in the foot. I would hope they will be pumped up about Carnival and the chance to add a trophy and banner to their ever growing collection. wish I was up there, would love to see Dave again. I think I owe him a home cooked meal.
                    The bad Huskies won hardware when Copley stood on his head.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      I want ponies!
                      www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDLqb3umsw
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        *****http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6782/mlfw823623862.png******
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

But it being Carny weekend takes away my confidence...
                          Erm...

Originally posted by Stephen Anderson
                          #mtuhky stat of the day: Huskies have won only 3 of last 28 Winter Carnival games, most recently Feb. 5, 2010, a 3-1 win over UMD.
                          So...there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            Pony Rides, Bad Huskies.Dumb Penalties, Foot shootings, Carnivals,Trophy's, Banners,Tug o War, Broom ball, Hot Chocolate,Book Sales, Hero's and Villains. My kind of a weekend I'm slinging the sled out of the shed and Hitching up the pound puppies up for the trip down to the U.P. Everything but beer, better pack some in as I don't do Old Milwaukee.
                            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 02-04-2013, 10:25 PM.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Erm...

So...there's that.
                              But isn't that cause usually they don't invite the worst team in the league to Carnival? I mean what's their record during Carnival vs. the absolute worst team in the league at the time?

Comment

Working...
                              X