No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
    On another less important note ... Does anyone know if we can expect to see the RPI band at Appleton this weekend?
    The pep band will be staying in Troy to play for the women's team as they face the North Country duo.
    Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
    In terms of who we are "due" for a win or two against ... That would be Union. It seems like it has been quite a long time since we have beat them, both at home or away. Not sure the exact streak, but I know it has been awhile.
    The Saints swept the Dutchmen in 2008-9 and are 0-7-0 since.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Starting with the 2008-2009 season:

Clarkson is 1 - 9 -0 against Union (The win was a 4-3 OT home win in 08-09 season). Union has outscored Clarkson in those 10 games 53 to 20.
      Clarkson is 6 - 5 -0 against RPI (At Cheel, 2-2-0 Reg Season and 1-2-0 Playoffs Last Year). RPI has outscored Clarkson in those 11 games 34 to 28.

RPI to me is still the rivalry game I want to see us win. However, we owe Union big time revenge for some of the beat downs that have occurred in the last 4 years.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Please-I am just happy each month if I can get my checkbook to balance.
        What is this "checkbook" that you speak of?
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          What's a checkbook?
          Ask Brent. Wait, is this tLodge?

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            What is this "checkbook" that you speak of?
            It is my paper trail so that each month I can get upset over how much I have spent and how little I have left. It is vestigial of the dark ages but I cling to it much as I do my VCR and my telephone answering machine. I have become a bit more technically savvy (not much) but I must admit i still have most of our music on Cds and (god forbid) cassettes. I will not even mention LPs and 8 Tracks.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I'll be making the north country trip this weekend along with a bunch of misfits. Based on the forecast, it may harken back to north country trips of old -- with up to a foot of snow possible, depending on the storm track. Should be fun !! GO RED
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I'll be making the north country trip this weekend along with a bunch of misfits. Based on the forecast, it may harken back to north country trips of old -- with up to a foot of snow possible, depending on the storm track. Should be fun !! GO RED
                Back in the 90's Jen and i would drive up from Blue Mt Lake and stay up there for the 2 games. it is one of the most lovely rides on earth winding up through the Adirondacks. Unless of course it snows-and boy can it snow up there. They do keep the main roads clear-Route 30 is normally pretty good. But you really need AWD to handle some of the trip in that kind of weather. Good luck-stay safe.

Comment

Back in the 90's Jen and i would drive up from Blue Mt Lake and stay up there for the 2 games. it is one of the most lovely rides on earth winding up through the Adirondacks. Unless of course it snows-and boy can it snow up there. They do keep the main roads clear-Route 30 is normally pretty good. But you really need AWD to handle some of the trip in that kind of weather. Good luck-stay safe.
                  Never fear Doc, I'm familiar with the terrain and took your advice a long time ago -- AWD along with a set of 4 Hakkapelita snow tires that really chew threw it !! If nothing else, I'll slide into the ditch in convincing fashion ! Haa I'll let you know how we make out!
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

NY 8 and NY 28 are both FUN in snowy conditions! Granted, I'm usually going east/west instead of north/south. Plus, the last time I went up there from Albany, I actually went through LP and St. Regis Falls. That's not QUITE as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      RPI to me is still the rivalry game I want to see us win. However, we owe Union big time revenge for some of the beat downs that have occurred in the last 4 years.
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Never fear Doc, I'm familiar with the terrain and took your advice a long time ago -- AWD along with a set of 4 Hakkapelita snow tires that really chew threw it !! If nothing else, I'll slide into the ditch in convincing fashion ! Haa I'll let you know how we make out!
                        If by any chance you drive through BML-and have to climb that hill by the Adirondack Museum on Rte 30 (or come back that way) take extra caution. There are more cars off the road in that stretch than any where. Also if you have some time on the trip I can give you directions and you can help dig out our driveway The fellow who plows us out has already this winter dug us out 9 separate times (albeit many of those were small 3-6 inch accumulations).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          NY 8 and NY 28 are both FUN in snowy conditions! Granted, I'm usually going east/west instead of north/south. Plus, the last time I went up there from Albany, I actually went through LP and St. Regis Falls. That's not QUITE as bad.
                          We have often come back from LP using 73 over to the Northway. Usually not bad but can also be tricky when the snow storms run up against the high peaks near Cascade Lake. Only went that way when we were heading back south to NJ. It is almost never the roads that are the problem in those storms-it is the idiot drivers who get out and have no clue how to drive in the stuff-never the locals-just the tourists.

Comment

If by any chance you drive through BML-and have to climb that hill by the Adirondack Museum on Rte 30 (or come back that way) take extra caution. There are more cars off the road in that stretch than any where. Also if you have some time on the trip I can give you directions and you can help dig out our driveway The fellow who plows us out has already this winter dug us out 9 separate times (albeit many of those were small 3-6 inch accumulations).
                            Doc - I know precisely the hill -- been on it many times on the way to and from deer camp...its a beauty. Forecast seems to be favoring 12+ accum. in the Adks....hope the team leave Thurs. night.

Comment

Q&A with Clarkson broadcaster Bob Ahlfeld

Comment

Can't even begin to ballpark the number of times I have gone through that area to various hockey games while growing up. As long as you give yourself plenty of time and go slow, it really isn't bad in snowstorms. As has been said, they do keep the main roads in decent shape.

DrD: we have a hunting camp off 458 between nicholville and St. Regis falls, close to the lake ozonia rd. We have always said there seems to be a perpetual cloud dropping snow on that area from Christmas to Easter

Comment

Working...
                                X