PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Four 2015 Where do we go from here?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Jaws
02-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Has anyone heard anything from the ncaa or member schools about future sites for the Frozen Four after next year in Philly? What cities are bidding? Since it will have been in the East for 3 straight years, it should be coming West. But where? and when are we going back to Boston?

mookie1995
02-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Has anyone heard anything from the ncaa or member schools about future sites for the Frozen Four after next year in Philly? What cities are bidding? Since it will have been in the East for 3 straight years, it should be coming West. But where? and when are we going back to Boston?

new orleans

Biddco
02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
My guess... Nashville. When do they announce these things?

DieHardDog
02-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Prudential Center in NJ would be a great choice. New arena, NYC right across the river.

mookie1995
02-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Prudential Center in NJ would be a great choice. New arena, NYC right across the river.

newark? no thanks.

Spartanforlife4
02-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Phoenix.

Jaws
02-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Not a bad choice. We have to assume it's coming west for a year or two. Denver, St. Louis and St. Paul would be possibilites, as well as Milwaukee and I suppose Detroit.
My guess... Nashville. When do they announce these things?

Jaws
02-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Another good one. Anyone think the ncaa will try the west coast again?
Phoenix.

Spartanforlife4
02-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Another good one. Anyone think the ncaa will try the west coast again?

Oh...

I was actually joking. I think the arena is like 20 minutes out of the city at least. I feel like it would be a horrible choice. Looking on Google there's only a manufactured downtown area with a couple hotels and some chain restaurants around the arena, which is actually in Glendale. Plus judging by the fan base the Coyotes have Phoenix is where hockey culture goes to die.

Though in the ACHA to NCAA thread there was some talk about how either ASU or UA, or both, had great support for their club teams. I guess one of them could host like Navy did in DC.

Jaws
02-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I guess I'm just looking for someplace new. And with the sub-zero weather we've been having lately, anyplace warm sounds good.
Oh...

I was actually joking. I think the arena is like 20 minutes out of the city at least. I feel like it would be a horrible choice. Looking on Google there's only a manufactured downtown area with a couple hotels and some chain restaurants around the arena, which is actually in Glendale. Plus judging by the fan base the Coyotes have Phoenix is where hockey culture goes to die.

Though in the ACHA to NCAA thread there was some talk about how either ASU or UA, or both, had great support for their club teams. I guess one of them could host like Navy did in DC.

Greyeagle
02-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Chicago?

aparch
02-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Chicago?The Wirtz family wouldn't allow it. No beer sales? No United Center.

Greyeagle
02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
The Wirtz family wouldn't allow it. No beer sales? No United Center.

Seriously? I know nothing about the arena ownership/management, just seems Chicago would be a tremendous location from a fan's perspective.

Carmine Scarpaglia
02-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Tampa again. Hell have it there every year. Also throw in Denver again which was a great time as well.

Biddco
02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
The Wirtz family wouldn't allow it. No beer sales? No United Center.Wirtz family?

aparch
02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Seriously? I know nothing about the arena ownership/management, just seems Chicago would be a tremendous location from a fan's perspective.
http://www.wirtzbeveragegroup.com/

United Center: Owned by United Center Joint Venture (Rocky Wirtz and Jerry Reinsdorf).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Wirtz

William Rockwell "Rocky" Wirtz (born October 5, 1952) is the principal owner and chairman of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks. He is also president of the Blackhawks' parent company, Wirtz Corporation, a diversified conglomerate headquartered in Chicago.

Rocky oversees Wirtz Corporation’s commercial and residential real estate companies, wine distributor Wirtz Beverage Group, an insurance company and banks in Illinois and Florida. Wirtz is also the co-chairman of the Executive Committee of the United Center along with Chicago Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

Wirtz managed the Judge & Dolph, Ltd. liquor distributorship until October 2007. He assumed control of the franchise shortly after the death of his father, William W. Wirtz; and his brother, Peter Wirtz, decided to maintain Bismarck Enterprises in lieu of running the team.

Pretty sure with how tightly tied together that family is, if they can't profit off the beer sales, they won't want to host it.

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
02-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Tampa again. Hell have it there every year. Also throw in Denver again which was a great time as well.

Despite the outcome, seconded. That was an awesome trip with awesome weather.

uaafanblog
02-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Vancouver

WeAreNDHockey
02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm all for Chicago too, but I think aparch is on to something. As hot as the Blackhawks are now and as much of a hockey revival Chicago has seen since 2009, if the UC wanted a FF, they'd have one. Can't beg or steal a ticket to the 'Hawks, the TV ratings are through the roof, and Chicago is an easy destination for almost any college fan, either by car or air travel. It would be too bad if fugging beer sales are preventing it, because Chicago seems to be an even more natural destination than either of the next two scheduled.

mookie1995
02-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh...

I was actually joking. I think the arena is like 20 minutes out of the city at least. I feel like it would be a horrible choice. Looking on Google there's only a manufactured downtown area with a couple hotels and some chain restaurants around the arena, which is actually in Glendale...

well then, you are just gonna luuuuuuuuuv next year! :D