PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart 2012-2013: Simply the Worst

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tipsy McStagger
01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Sacred Heart currently stands at 0-22-2, and look like they have a chance to complete a winless season. When was the last time this happened? They are giving up a whopping 5.17 goals per game. Their goalie with the lowest GAA is 4.98.

Alaskana
01-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Sacred Heart currently stands at 0-22-2, and look like they have a chance to complete a winless season. When was the last time this happened? They are giving up a whopping 5.17 goals per game. Their goalie with the lowest GAA is 4.98.

That's pretty bad, but I bet there's one other team out there that I'm pretty sure they could beat at this point. :o

Biddco
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
that's pretty bad, but i bet there's one other team out there that i'm pretty sure they could beat at this point. :)

aic?

Dirty
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Quinnipiac?

Alaskana
01-29-2013, 11:35 PM
aic?

Nope, think 'lobos of the sea'. ;)

skiumah2
01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
So the only thing you would earn for playing SHU is that little asterisk next to your RPI to indicate it's been adjusted for beating a weak opponent. :p

FlagDUDE08
01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
So the only thing you would earn for playing SHU is that little asterisk next to your RPI to indicate it's been adjusted for beating a weak opponent. :p

What asterisk? :(

Jim
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Amazing what has happened to that program in a couple of years. They went from being one of the top teams in AHA, one who regularly won games against better known opponents, to one of the worst in college hockey. Hard to explain how a team that won 21 games in 2009-10 can't beat anyone now. They were basically one of the more solid teams from the outset. And they have just collapsed.

FlagDUDE08
01-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Amazing what has happened to that program in a couple of years. They went from being one of the top teams in AHA, one who regularly won games against better known opponents, to one of the worst in college hockey. Hard to explain how a team that won 21 games in 2009-10 can't beat anyone now. They were basically one of the more solid teams from the outset. And they have just collapsed.

Gotta be because Bear Trapp left. Even if he left the year before.

Jim
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Gotta be because Bear Trapp left. Even if he left the year before. All name team captain.

Biddco
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Nope, think 'lobos of the sea'. ;)Surely there is a worse team out there...

Tipsy McStagger
01-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Surely there is a worse team out there...

Yeah, I am sure UAA would have more than one conference win if they played in the AHA.

Pirateasaurus
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Nothing left to do now but hope they go for the perfect season.

Biddco
01-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I am sure UAA would have more than one conference win if they played in the AHA.Agreed. There has got to be many teams that have lost all their games in D1 hockey...

Biddco
01-30-2013, 09:45 PM
I checked out an old thread and it doesn't appear any DI mens team has gone unundefeated. UAA's one win season is probably one of the worst ever. Sacred Heart could go winless.

LTsatch
01-30-2013, 10:00 PM
I have always been amazed that they are a D-1 program, no local support whatsoever. They play in a very small rink better suited to high school teams. (occasionally will step up to Harbor Yard in Bridgeport) With the improvements to alot of college hockey facilities, it must be very hard to recruit good D-1 talent to the school. I live in the next town over from the rink and have never been to an SHU home game at the Milford Ice Pavilion. Not really sure of the reason for the sudden record crash either.

Red Cows
01-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Agreed. There has got to be many teams that have lost all their games in D1 hockey...

They aren't D-1 hockey, but, check out what we had to endure (last paragraph on the page):

http://edgeinducedcohesion.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/the-worst-losing-streaks-of-all-time-in-professional-sports/

They aren't pros, so the article is wrong about that, but, 53 losses in a row?

schiegs
01-30-2013, 11:34 PM
I salute anyone proud enough to stand up and say they are an SHU hockey fan. That takes dedication and fortitude in a season like this.

I'll buy you a beer.

Ralph Baer
01-31-2013, 04:14 AM
I checked out an old thread and it doesn't appear any DI mens team has gone unundefeated. UAA's one win season is probably one of the worst ever. Sacred Heart could go winless.

In 1965-66, RPI went 3-19. The victories were over Middlebury and Hamilton, both D-3 (ECAC-II back then), and Penn, playing club hockey. They were 0-13 against teams that were D-I at the time, and none were closer than three goals. (Five losses were also against teams that were then ECAC-II and one against a Canadian school.) So by today's standards they had a "perfect" record of 0-13.

FlagDUDE08
01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
I have always been amazed that they are a D-1 program, no local support whatsoever. They play in a very small rink better suited to high school teams. (occasionally will step up to Harbor Yard in Bridgeport) With the improvements to alot of college hockey facilities, it must be very hard to recruit good D-1 talent to the school. I live in the next town over from the rink and have never been to an SHU home game at the Milford Ice Pavilion. Not really sure of the reason for the sudden record crash either.

Did you ever see a Quinnipiac game at Northford Ice Pavilion? How comparable is it?