X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread II

Originally posted by RiverhawkFan978 View Post
    Ouch! Tough one but we can get it done tommorow
    absolutely... dust it off and learn. Hopefully Hellebuyck will be sharper tomorrow. One game for what we've all been waiting for.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Total choke job by Lowell. Unreal
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        Total choke job by Lowell. Unreal
        Definitely believable it will be the same thing tomorrrow night as PC wins the HE title.

Comment

• Whomever wins tommorows game is the champion of HE unless its a tie. Just win UML. Idc if its 1-0 and they kick it in for you or its 8-7. Just get the two points and your on top

Comment

regardless of the outcomes tomorrow, a non big four team will be regular season champion (albeit possibly co-champion). Tie-breakers only come into play when seeding the playoff field
            My foolish capering destroyed more young minds than syphillis and pinball combined

Comment

Well that was painful. And had the bad karma to sit next to some old blow hard from BC who thinks he is in the know about everything. He's been wahtchin hauwkey foah fohty ye-ahs. Jerry York will surely be the next pope. the refs stink, they can't get offsides right. The refs weren't deciding the game. (OK then why do we care if they can't get offsides right?) Only one team came to play, he needed a pillow. I was ready to brain him. I finally told him to go home and find his pillow. What I should have said is the joke was on him because he was fooled into paying to watch. Compounded by the azzhat who needed to keep getting up to get beer and stood right in front of us putting his coat on for the last minute of the game. with us all yelling at him to sit down. He did it because " well you could have stopped with the cowbell"

The Mojo wasn't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiverhawkFan978 View Post
                Ouch! Tough one but we can get it done tommorow
                Luckily BC and UNH didnt win so a win locks us in first tomorrow
                I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Wasn't pretty. I take full responsibilty because I let a PC grad buy our tix for tonight and we weren't in our usual spot. My daughters event left to squat in 105 for 3rd period but it was too late.

Seriously though this was a clunker. PC was very crisp with their passes and we weren't. Gillies always had perfect position and other than a post and a nice glove save or two we really didn't test him. Lots of our shots were wide or high. Connor wasn't awful but definitely off. None of PC's goals were pretty. We dumped it in too often and our checking on offense which has been so good of late was weak tonight. The 5 on 3 with nothing to show was a total buzz killer. Refs were ticky tacky but can't blame the loss on them. Reminiscent of last years QF series instead of skating it out of our own end when we had the chance we made crappy passes. Thanks to Maine and NH for giving us a chance to still win it all tomorrow night. Obviously I hope this doesn't happen and I probably shouldn't even say it but wouldn't it be crazy if BC and NH won and PC UML tied? 4 way tie for 1st place. Would we be 3rd or 4th seed in that case?
                  Last edited by Fishhawk; 03-08-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    Obviously I hope this doesn't happen and I probably shouldn't even say it but wouldn't it be crazy if BC and NH won and PC UML tied? 4 way tie for 1st place. Would we be 3rd or 4th seed in that case?
                    I believe it would be 4th seed.

Tomorrow's gonna be stressful to say the least.
                    I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Hey, good luck for the rest of the season. Give the rest of the league hell during the playoffs.
                      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                        a total buzz killer.
                        That pretty much sums up tonight's game.

It's hard to believe that the Hawks will get another shot at it tomorrow night. Hopefully they play with a little more jump.

Comment

Last night's other results went exactly the way Lowell needed them to, so Lowell gets a mulligan.

Pathetic performance by a team that had absolutely everything to play for, but didn't play anyway. Not to take anything away from PC, but that game would have been a lot more fun to watch if two teams showed up.

Well, I guess I'm going to PC tonight.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Wow. Waited all week for THAT?!?! ***.

I will be down to Providence early, so I can catch the UNH game locally before going to our game. I hope to see a far better effort and result. I would suspect that there will be a couple changes to the lineup but I wouldn't dare to guess what they are.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Absolutely no excuses tonight, you want to be a top tier team? Be it tonight.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Lowell got outplayed last night..no question about it. Their passes were off target a lot by being on the skates instead of on the stick. Last night's game looked like one played last November. The 1st goal tonight is so important.
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X