This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread II

Hellebuyck makes a mistake behind the net and gives up the goal to Amherst.

2-1 Lowell

Comment

3-1 into the first on a D.A. goal.

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
        My post was partly a tongue-in-cheek allusion to the day's announcement and a reminder that we do indeed face our very much disliked sister school this weekend.

A move to D1 is exciting for the school. Add this to all the other positive improvements on campus within the last 6 years since Meehan became chancellor and you have what amounts to a near revolutionary times for Lowell. The prior decades under Hogan were filled with stagnation and bottom line watching to the detriment of the students, faculty, and facilities on campus. With the raising of academics, increased relationships with other R&D schools and organizations, increased student pride, and increased visibility in the region and nation, this was a logical step.

That said, Bob Ellis is on the radio and the puck is about to drop.
        I suppose one could ask the converse... does dropping to D2 help a D1 hockey program? And that doesn't even deserve an answer.

The reality is visibility, plain and simple.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Comment

4-3 Lowell with 12:50 to go. Penalties are killing Lowell. Amherst has 2 PP goals and a SHG. Lowell has taken the last 5 penalties.
            Last edited by boblav1; 02-15-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Lowell has also managed to win 6-3 Phew They never make it easy to relax.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Lowell has also managed to win 6-3 Phew They never make it easy to relax.
                Agree, they never make it easy. Riley Wetmore with two points (1-1-2) tonight to reach the 100 point mark for his career.

Comment

BC's Hayes Suspended Indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    This suspention thing seems like the flu. Spreading.

Comment

Two points and a tiebreaker is immense at this point. Keeps them squarely in the home ice conversation and some real breathing room from the #7 seed.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Tiebreaker? You don't need any tiebreaker with UMass.

This is a really weird "rivalry." It's the only one I know of where the team that always wins is the team that cares about it. The team that gets their butt kicked night after night honestly couldn't care less. It goes for the fanbases too. I get the feeling (could be wrong) that you all get up for this, and as could be seen by our small crowd tonight, we don't care. I couldn't believe tonight. I don't boo UMass, but this is the first time I didn't clap for them after periods and after the game. How the heck did UMass not show up for this game? I don't get it. Toot, Mick, whoever. It's all the same.

This is really frustrating. I posted this on UMasshoops, and I'll post it here. To steal a line from Pedro Martinez, I tip my cap to you and call the River Hawks our daddies. Unless something else comes up, I'll be there tomorrow night. I fully expect UMass-Lowell to once again beat the daylights out of the Minutemen. Whatever. At least I guess I'll get to go to a game with a bunch of dogs. I've never done that before.
                        #NewMass

Comment

The game takeaway.
                          http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...ips-umass-6-3/

Comment

Umass decides not to post video highlights. Can't say I blame them, but booooooo.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                              Tiebreaker? You don't need any tiebreaker with UMass.

This is a really weird "rivalry." It's the only one I know of where the team that always wins is the team that cares about it. The team that gets their butt kicked night after night honestly couldn't care less. It goes for the fanbases too. I get the feeling (could be wrong) that you all get up for this, and as could be seen by our small crowd tonight, we don't care. I couldn't believe tonight. I don't boo UMass, but this is the first time I didn't clap for them after periods and after the game. How the heck did UMass not show up for this game? I don't get it. Toot, Mick, whoever. It's all the same.

This is really frustrating. I posted this on UMasshoops, and I'll post it here. To steal a line from Pedro Martinez, I tip my cap to you and call the River Hawks our daddies. Unless something else comes up, I'll be there tomorrow night. I fully expect UMass-Lowell to once again beat the daylights out of the Minutemen. Whatever. At least I guess I'll get to go to a game with a bunch of dogs. I've never done that before.
                              I wouldn't call it a rivalry either but the UMass Board of Trustees tried to kill our hockey program twice. Those attempts to kill hockey at Lowell ticked off everyone associated with the University. As normal, rational people we obviously take our anger out on the "Flagship" hockey team that never should have been introduced in the 1st place.
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
                                I think the "chow down" is the best eating contest of the year. A better battle then having the college students do it.
                                If only my dog wasn't a brat, she would destroy this competition. She would eat her bowl and every other bowl before another dog even had a chance to sniff the food. Cow dog I call her.

Comment

Working...
                                X