Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    His stats don't make you think blue chipper but who knows.
    Defensemen don't need to score. They need to skate and prevent offense. He's not bad. Better than a lot of the other recent commits.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Defensemen don't need to score. They need to skate and prevent offense. He's not bad. Better than a lot of the other recent commits.
      Any idea why Maine has gone after so many defensemen and so few forwards?
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Another kid just committed from bchl. Big kid for next year, forward
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

http://www.victoriagrizzlies.com/lea...layerID=863151

6'2, 210, has 29-55 in 53 games. Great pickup!

Comment

About 4.30 in you'll see the new recruit
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvNCHvtlabU
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              If you project it out, and assuming Hayes plays defense and Norman comes back, it is 3 defensemen in the stands each year for the next 3. It isn't an absurd number. For all we know Hayes continues at forward and Norman doesn't come back. Then factor in injuries, unfortunates, etc... Seems on par with other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Have you seen how bad Maine's defense is?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  If you project it out, and assuming Hayes plays defense and Norman comes back, it is 3 defensemen in the stands each year for the next 3. It isn't an absurd number. For all we know Hayes continues at forward and Norman doesn't come back. Then factor in injuries, unfortunates, etc... Seems on par with other teams.
                  Im thinking Hayes becomes a perma-power-forechecking forward. Too much death and destruction in one body to waste on defense
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                    Im thinking Hayes becomes a perma-power-forechecking forward. Too much death and destruction in one body to waste on defense
                    I thought so when they switched him over from Defense to Forward,but after watching him over that span I am coming away that he won't be much of a factor as a forward in that he looks to be LOST for the most part and that's what he seems to be thinking is how can I destroy someone instead of letting the play happen and being part of a offensive push to the net...I know putting him at Forward would take time,but I think he's better suited in his comfort zone of Defenseman and with that said he needs mega amount of work on that also...not throwing or dishing him out but to me he's a PROJECT...hopefully he recognizes that this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      I thought so when they switched him over from Defense to Forward,but after watching him over that span I am coming away that he won't be much of a factor as a forward in that he looks to be LOST for the most part and that's what he seems to be thinking is how can I destroy someone instead of letting the play happen and being part of a offensive push to the net...I know putting him at Forward would take time,but I think he's better suited in his comfort zone of Defenseman and with that said he needs mega amount of work on that also...not throwing or dishing him out but to me he's a PROJECT...hopefully he recognizes that this off-season.
                      Most freshman forwards look lost out there till they figure it out. Give him some time....once he does, watch the sky on this guy.
                      sure why not

Comment

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/s...king-1.1725896

I don't know if this has been posted before, but things don't look good for Justin Rai who was probably Maine's most promising forward recruit for next year. Once someone gets to that point it's hard for them to make a full recovery.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine Recruit Updates as of 3/4:

2015:

Mitchell Fossier (5-11, 175# F/Janesville - NAHL) - 51 GP, 12 G, 34 A

Robert Michel (6-0, 178# D/Ottawa - CCHL) - 57 GP, 16 G, 37 A

Keith Muehlbauer (6-2, 205# RD/Eastview HS - MN) - 25 GP, 5 G, 14 A

Daniel Perez (6-4, 200# F/Wilkes Barre Scranton - EHL) - 42 GP, 25 G, 24 A

Justin Rai (5-10, 165# F/Prince George - BCHL) - 25 GP, 15 G, 16 A

Cam Spicer (6-1, 195# D/Tri-City - USHL) - 38 GP, 2 G, 5 A

Brendan Robbins (6-2, 185# F/Islanders Hockey Club - USPHL) - 50 GP, 18 G, 26 A

Dane Gibson (6-2, 210# F/Victoria Grizzlies - BCHL) - 56 GP, 32 G, 57 A

2016:

**Simon Butala (6-3, 185# D/NJ Rockets - EHL/Sioux City - USHL) - 20 GP, 0 G, 3 A/ 5 GP, 0 G, 0 A

**A.J. Drobot (5-9, 185# F/NJ Rockets - EHL) - 35 GP, 11 G, 18 A

Patrick Holway (6-5, 195# D/Boston Advantage - Tier 1 Midget) - 28 GP, 8 G, 17 A

Lucas Michaud (5-11, 200# F/Portland - USPHL) - 49 GP, 22 G, 33 A

**Jake Pappalardo (5-10, 185# F/Proctor Academy - NE PREP) - 33 GP, 26 G, 31 A

Patrick Shea (5-10, 175# F/Kimball Union - NE PREP) - 31 GP, 19 G, 19 A

Stephen Cochrane (6-6, 220# D/Bay State Breakers - USPHL) - 49 GP, 2 G, 13 A

2017:

Baron Thompson (6-5, 225# F/Omaha U16 - NAPHL) - 14 GP, 5 G, 4 A

Konstantin Chernyuk (6-5, 175# D/Wilkes Barre Scranton 18U - USPHL/Wichita Falls - NAHL) - 14 GP, 2 G, 3 A / 28 GP, 2 G, 7 A

Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup (5-9, 160# F/Selects Hockey Academy 16U - USPHL) - 23 GP, 40 G, 19 A

Jack Moran (6-4, 225# D/Winchendon - NE PREP) - 25 GP, 3 G, 20 A

Alexis Binner (6-2, 190# D/Selects Academy 18U - USPHL) - 26 GP, 1 G, 14 A

2019:

Oliver Wahlstrom (5-11, 175# F/Shattuck St. Mary's Bantam - MN) - 58 GP, 61 G, 39 A

* - 2015 or 2016
                          ** - 2016 or 2017
                          Last edited by Ineverquit; 03-04-2015, 09:44 AM.
                          IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Pat Shea had his 2nd hat trick of the season as KU won the Lakes Region Tournament for the 2nd straight year. Kimball Union advanced to the Elite 8 New England Prep School Championship and as a #8 seed defeated #1 seed Exeter. KU is now in the semi-final against Salisbury.
                            Last edited by Runsub5; 03-06-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Pat Shea had his 2nd hat trick of the season as KU won the Lakes Region Tournament for the 2nd straight year. Kimball Union advanced to the Elite 8 New England Prep School Championship and as a #8 seed defeated #1 seed Exeter. KU is now in the semi-final against Salisbury.
                              which division is Kimball in? Last year they were in the third tier of prep schools in new england.

also, as I look at the number of seniors and the number of recruits, I have to believe that there will be two or three more players asked not to return.

Schurhamer might be a questionmark, and he is definitely going to be back when healthy, so that might open a spot for someone who would otherwise have been out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Wow KU has been doing really well. I wonder if their coach would be interested in college hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X