Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Oh goody. He had no other offers. Good grief.
    Is he coming in 2013? That's what I got out of the article but maybe I misread it.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: Maine Recruit Updates: All Are Welcome.......

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Oh goody. He had no other offers. Good grief.
      Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Is he coming in 2013? That's what I got out of the article but maybe I misread it.
      Right...Other schools wanted him to play a year of juniors before offering him...Maine was the only school to offer him for this upcoming year.
      USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsmaniac View Post
        Right...Other schools wanted him to play a year of juniors before offering him...Maine was the only school to offer him for this upcoming year.
        Interesting. Any idea why Maine has so many forward recruits for this year and next? There are only two seniors next year and like five guys lined up.

Comment

I'm assuming you're talking about Gjurich? He's going to turn 21 this May ... he can't play juniors after that and retain four years of eligibility can he? If he came in for 14/15, he'd be a 22 year old freshman on the first day of school?
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I'm assuming you're talking about Gjurich? He's going to turn 21 this May ... he can't play juniors after that and retain four years of eligibility can he? If he came in for 14/15, he'd be a 22 year old freshman on the first day of school?
            Would be nice to see him at Maine before he goes grey...........

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              Would be nice to see him at Maine before he goes grey...........
              I could be wrong of course, I don't know all the rules about this. I just thought you lose a year if you play juniors after you turn 21?
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I could be wrong of course, I don't know all the rules about this. I just thought you lose a year if you play juniors after you turn 21?
                We were talking about the other lad.

Comment

These 2 seem like terrific recruits for Coach Whitehead. I think that recruiting is on the upswing.

Go Black Bears!

Comment

We were talking about the other lad.
                    Thanks Drew. I had noticed that the kid I mentioned also didn't mention any other offers, so that's why I had asked who you were talking about. Thanks for the clarification.
                    Monty

Comment

I am talking about Zach Glienke

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Any chance that defenseman Eric Schurhamer is deferred until 2014? He's missed a lot of games this season due to injury. The head coach in Lincoln mentioned on the radio that there is a chance Eric could be back with the Stars next season.
                        Black and Blue: The Unnoficial Lincoln Stars Blog

Comment

Interesting. Any idea why Maine has so many forward recruits for this year and next? There are only two seniors next year and like five guys lined up.
                          I think you will see Ryan Badger moved to a 2014 recruit and maybe even Brian Morgan or Josh Henke. While I don't see anybody leaving early, I would keep an eye on who the CHL/OHL awards the 2014 Memorial Cup in the next month or two. Barrie who owns Devin Shore OHL rights is one of the favorites to get the Memorial Cup will probably make a run at Shore if they win the bid as they "load up" to be a top contender next season.

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

I think you will see Ryan Badger moved to a 2014 recruit and maybe even Brian Morgan or Josh Henke. While I don't see anybody leaving early, I would keep an eye on who the CHL/OHL awards the 2014 Memorial Cup in the next month or two. Barrie who owns Devin Shore OHL rights is one of the favorites to get the Memorial Cup will probably make a run at Shore if they win the bid as they "load up" to be a top contender next season.
                            Maine is losing Diamond, Beattie, Shemansky, Liedermark at forward. Nemec, Cornell, Pryor on D. That is 7. They also said good-bye to Parker and if memory serves after Mangene left late Timmay announced they would not replace his spot. So that is 6 forwards and 3 D.

Now we have Rutt, Norman and have had Riley all play forward this year. I think Williams did for a game as well. And we are scoring less goals than ever quelle surprise!

As a result I expect them to replace all 6 forwards plus 1 as on the d side we will likely bring in just 2.

So I do expect:

Morgan
                            Brown
                            Gjurich
                            Byron
                            Campbell
                            Henke
                            and
                            Gleinke at forward

This gives Maine 16 forwards which is fairly common.

on D

Renouf and perhaps Schurhamer.

The big issue I have been watching on D is everyone except O'Connor would be lefties as that is the case with these two. How we recruit only left handed D-men is beyond me?

The following year you lose Swavely, Anthoine, O'Connor and two goalies. Expect Pecararo and Salerno and maybe Cloonan if we lose a forward like Shore or for any other reason.

While the present has been brutal, the future with the current freshmen class and what looks like a strong class next year COULD be good depending upon who is behind the bench and what they can get out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              Maine is losing Diamond, Beattie, Shemansky, Liedermark at forward. Nemec, Cornell, Pryor on D. That is 7. They also said good-bye to Parker and if memory serves after Mangene left late Timmay announced they would not replace his spot. So that is 6 forwards and 3 D.

Now we have Rutt, Norman and have had Riley all play forward this year. I think Williams did for a game as well. And we are scoring less goals than ever quelle surprise!

As a result I expect them to replace all 6 forwards plus 1 as on the d side we will likely bring in just 2.

So I do expect:

Morgan
                              Brown
                              Gjurich
                              Byron
                              Campbell
                              Henke
                              and
                              Gleinke at forward

This gives Maine 16 forwards which is fairly common.

on D

Renouf and perhaps Schurhamer.

The big issue I have been watching on D is everyone except O'Connor would be lefties as that is the case with these two. How we recruit only left handed D-men is beyond me?

The following year you lose Swavely, Anthoine, O'Connor and two goalies. Expect Pecararo and Salerno and maybe Cloonan if we lose a forward like Shore or for any other reason.

While the present has been brutal, the future with the current freshmen class and what looks like a strong class next year COULD be good depending upon who is behind the bench and what they can get out of them.
                              Tim Whitehead will be behind the bench.......and he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                Tim Whitehead will be behind the bench.......and he should be.
                                I think you need to rephrase that post. It should say: Tim Whitehead may be behind the bench next year, but he really shouldn't be.

Comment

Working...
                                X